locked Re: Wordpad Shortcut to Desktop

Brian,

The computer is mine. I am not sure if I have administrative
privileges. When I go to context menu I finde 'create shortcut".
Should it say new shortcut?

Nevzat,

Is the computer you're trying to do this on yours, and where you are using
an account with admin privileges when you're trying to do it?

My only theory, and that's all it is, for why the New Shortcut option would
not work from the Context Menu is if you do not have the necessary
permissions to add one.  If it's a work computer, or you're using a standard
account except when you do admin-focused tasks, that's a possible factor.

*The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his
ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.*

~ Vance Packard

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified