Re: make a donation

Hi,

Given that more and more folks outside of NV Access are contributing code (and localization data) to NVDA, I can see the need to update contributors list. It runs into a maintenance problem for source code maintainers: locating authorship information for files and packages, made more complicated as some files in the NVDA source code repository have no copyright header whatsoever. At least we have sponsors list on GitHub so NV Access can acknowledge them.

Money is not the only way to help NV Access and NVDA. Simply promoting NVDA and the principles of this movement (equal access to technology) is valuable too. And those who do just that are far more numerous to list. What's more, the fact that folks are using NVDA in unexpected places, coupled with its reputation as trying to follow accessibility standards contributes significantly to the promotion, reputation, and growth of NVDA and the movement it represents.

Let me repeat what I declared in 2016 as part of NVDACon then: NVDA is more than a screen reader - it is a movement. Money can surely help, and it is okay to tell folks publicly about it. But the "real stars" of this movement, people who sustains the movement toward equal access to technology, are those who open up opportunities for those who could not (surprisingly, it includes all users), and it will take far more than the length of the contributors document to list and some may wish to remain anonymous (willingly or due to circumstances beyond our control).

Cheers,

Joseph