Re: nvda and password fields

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

As this is quite a security risk, I suggest, instead, either turning off character echo if she already knows how to type, or leaving it as is.

The longer answer is that some password fields on some sites will have a box to show the password as it is being typed. This could be an option where it exists. But again, I really recommend your friend simply gets used to typing in passwords without the character feedback. In fact, I recommend most people disable character echo altogether, and either opt for no typing echo, or at least Word echo. The extra chatter simply isn't needed if the individual feels comfortable typing.

Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 10:57 PM Michael Micallef at FITA <michael.micallef@...> wrote:

Dear nvda users,

I’m asking on behalf of a friend who is beginner in using nvda.

Can someone tell me where I can turn off the nvda feature of saying asterisk in the password prompts? My friend prefers to hear what she is typing in the password prompt.

Thank you

Regards,

2A448EAC

Michael Micallef

ICT Accessibility IT Officer

Foundation for Information Technology Accessibility

3441659A

+356 22768012

F78D0B8

michael.micallef@gov.mt

D21D4F86

www.fitamalta.eu

AD570D84

FITA Onda Buildings- 3rd Floor triq Aldo Moro

Marsa

MRS 9064, Malta

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!