From: "Tyler Spivey via groups.io" <tspivey@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2022 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and password fields

You want this addon:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/reportPasswords.en.html

On 8/8/2022 11:15 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

As this is quite a security risk, I suggest, instead, either turning off character echo if she already knows how to type, or leaving it as is.

The longer answer is that some password fields on some sites will have a box to show the password as it is being typed. This could be an option where it exists. But again, I really recommend your friend simply gets used to typing in passwords without the character feedback. In fact, I recommend most people disable character echo altogether, and either opt for no typing echo, or at least Word echo. The extra chatter simply isn't needed if the individual feels comfortable typing.

Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 10:57 PM Michael Micallef at FITA <michael.micallef@... <mailto:michael.micallef@...>> wrote:

Dear nvda users,____

__ __

I’m asking on behalf of a friend who is beginner in using nvda.____

__ __

Can someone tell me where I can turn off the nvda feature of saying
asterisk in the password prompts? My friend prefers to hear what she
is typing in the password prompt.____

__ __

Thank you____

__ __

Regards,____

__ __

2A448EAC____

*Michael Micallef*____

ICT Accessibility IT Officer____

*Foundation for Information Technology Accessibility*____

3441659A____

+356 22768012____

F78D0B8____

_michael.micallef@... <mailto:michael.micallef@...>_____

D21D4F86____

www.fitamalta.eu
<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitamalta.eu%2F&data=04%7C01%7Ccarlo.stivala.1%40gov.mt%7Cbcf5e57d092f4b21b2d108d945cef3d9%7C34cdd9f55db849bcacba01f65cca680d%7C0%7C0%7C637617578636490185%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=j0MNb5SpkRaMiK%2FihFcaNpbJKAiqRWaGp%2Fbvuk5dZDs%3D&reserved=0>____

AD570D84____

FITA Onda Buildings- 3rd Floor triq Aldo Moro ____

Marsa____

MRS 9064, Malta____