locked Re: OneCore Voices Uninstalling themselves

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 05:34 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I do have it on a laptop, but regularly find settings have changed after an update like the views of files and folders and the security settings.
-
Then something is wrong on that machine.

In the early days of Windows 10, it was routine, and insanity-making, how updates, and particularly Feature Updates, would change user settings without any sort of warning, not even a message during the install process that some settings might change.  That has not been the case literally for years now.  I cannot recall the last time I've witnessed a change in user settings with a Windows 10 update.  If you're having stuff like this happen "regularly" then something is wrong, and it is not by any means characteristic of how Windows 10 usually works.

         ~ Vance Packard