Re: Portable copy

Gene

When I am running the portable version I want not to check for updates, I set it not to do so in the general settings, just as you can in the installed version.  I also uncheck the check box not to notify me of updates at startup.  I am never asked.

Gene

On 8/9/2022 11:51 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
As installed and portable copies are identical, portable copies DO support updating to a newer version of themselves.
-
This being the case, is there a way to create a .bat file with a command line invocation of NVDA that would tell it not to check for updates.  I haven't needed to create archival portables for some time, but when I do I don't even want them to ask me about updating them.  The main reason, besides needing NVDA briefly on a machine where I choose not to install it, that I create portable copies is to "freeze that version in time."

         ~ Vance Packard