Re: Error with New version of tesseractOCR add-on

Gene

I don't know enough about this subject to be sure that what I am saying is correct but raising the questions may be of benefit.

Is this add-on too limited?  Does it specify only WIA, or is that the result of how the scanner itself is already set up to communicate with the computer?  I wonder if the scanner doesn't work with the add-on because the scanner isn't set up to use WIA.

Gene

On 8/9/2022 4:10 PM, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hello.

I have only just gotten around to trying this add-on. I am running the latest version of NVDA with Windows 10 21H2. My scanner works fine with other programs such as windows fax and scan and DocuScan. However when I try to scan a page from the scanner with this add-on, I receive the following error.

TesseractOCR  dialog  Scan error
Process wia-cmd-scanner failed:
Scanning to file C:\Users\Mobeen (dpi = 300, color mode 'GRAY', output format 'JPG')
Exception occured: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Please make sure your scanner is WIA-compliant and can scan in another application before trying again!
OK  button

I am then prompted if I want to scan another page. When I click no, the program keeps beeping with no way to cancel the process until NVDA is restarted. This is quite annoying. Is there any way around this error? Also in the next version, could you please consider adding a cancel keystroke or cancel button in a window? It would be a real shame if the only way of cancelling a scan job was to restart NVDA. As far as I know, I have all of the relevant drivers installed. It sounds like the add-on is not running with admin privileges or isn't able to save and process the image.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 08/08/2022 21:02, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

One more version of tesseractOCR add-on!

This time the new feature is the multi-page scanning!

Direct link:

https://github.com/ruifontes/tesseractOCR/releases/download/2022.08/tesseractOCR-2022.08.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes