Re: simple comands

Melissa G <wvflutist@...>

I don't have a num pad.  Strange lay out.

The main reason (off the top of my head), if you are using a laptop with a number pad and using the insert key as the NVDA modifier, could you have turned numlock on?  In that case, if numlock is on, the numpad insert key will give you a 0 rather than act as the NVDA modifier.

If that's not the case, is it just the NVDA modifier key - do other keys not work sometimes?  Or other NVDA commands?

And just in case anyone isn't aware, on a laptop, to get NVDA to read the battery status, press NVDA+shift+b

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Melissa Galbraith <wvflutist@...> wrote:
I'm trying to get the battery usage spoken, but can't.  Why does the NVDA key sometimes not work?

Melissa

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer