From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2022 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Portable copy

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

As installed and portable copies are identical, portable copies DO support
updating to a newer version of themselves.
-
This being the case, is there a way to create a .bat file with a command line invocation of NVDA that would tell it not to check for updates. I haven't needed to create archival portables for some time, but when I do I don't even want them to ask me about updating them. The main reason, besides needing NVDA briefly on a machine where I choose not to install it, that I create portable copies is to "freeze that version in time."

*The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.*

~ Vance Packard