Re: Can we use SPSS and NVIVO with NVDA?

Chris Maae

Hi,

When I used SPSS I found the experience both with Jaws and NVDA to be horrible. I was able to perform the basic important tasks such as reading the p values for whatever test you had to run such as Z test, but I had to get sighted assistance to simply get Jaws to read the two views after some work that the assistive technology instructor at my university did on their end. I will see if I can find the instructions on how to set up SPSS to work with Jaws because that is the only program that worked with SPSS. In closing my advice would be to work with your professor and explain that this software is nearly inaccessible with my screen reader. I wish you the best.