Re: NVDA Startup

Gene

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I think the first thing to do is to uninstall, then reinstall the program.

Gene

On 8/12/2022 12:20 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

Thanks Gene, trying to start NVDA from the start menu simply shuts down the running portable version and stops without ...

Have to run the portable version again.

On 8/12/2022 12:09 AM, Gene wrote:
Try running it using the start menu.  Open the start menu, type nvda and if necessary, up and down arrow to the program, then press enter

You can test in that way if the program can run.

Gene

On 8/11/2022 11:58 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
After installation, NVDA won't start.  Wondering, does starting depend on the desktop shortcut?  If so, I don't understand the command shown in the shortcut properties:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\nvda_slave.exe" launchNVDA -r

Maybe by changing this start command I can make it start normally?

Your thoughts?  Thanks.

Howard