NVDA Add-on Idea: Output everything normally spoken as CW

Chris Smart

I don’t know the first thing about Python or how to build an NVDA Add-on.

So, very generally, what would be involved in developing an add-on that echoed speech output in Morse code? The audio would need to be a nice sine wave. Parameters like words per minute, inter-character, word, and sentence spacing, and the frequency of the tone could all be adjustable.

Other then that, it would just spew out whatever would normally go to your speech synthesizer.

That would be a real boon to people trying to learn the code. Make me depend on it to read an email or two, or something else of interest a day, and I’d get faster in a hurry out of a combination of necessity and frustration. (grin)

Chris