Re: errors I get? don't understand.

Hi,

These are add-on errors. Specifically:

  1. TripleTalk USB: an issue with the add-on manifest.
  2. Conflict between NVDA Extension and Sound Splitter add-ons when trying to initialize wave playback subsystem in NVDA.
  3. Inability to access a specific web resource from an add-on.

When you do send log fragments (if you must do so), please only include the fragment that results in errors (typically a fragment that starts with "error" followed by timestamp and traceback). While the info log does not contain input and output data, it still contains enough information to figure out specs of your system and user path.

A tip for folks parsing NVDA logs: the log analyzed is one of those that include tracebacks from add-ons. You can determine involvement of add-ons in error messages if parts of the traceback refer to what appears to be NVDA user configuration folder path, and that probability increases if the error traceback does end with an error coming from an add-on. I state the last sentence like this (increase in probability) because:

  1. Add-ons can and sometimes do patch NVDA screen reader itself in predictable and unpredictable ways. This stems from not NVDA, but due to Python internals. The fragment about an add-on saying that another add-on patched parts of NVDA is a good example.
  2. Add-ons can call NVDA features without realizing that it doesn't exist or things have changed. This is the reason why just editing the manifest will not work on all add-ons.

I think the log fragment posted indicates issues beyond NV Access's control; no, actually these are issues beyond NVDA developers' control as add-ons are involved in the log fragment, more so for this fragment. I suggest contacting authors of affected add-ons (for Sound Splitter, I have no plans to resolve this at this time as I'm no longer maintaining it).

Cheers,

Joseph