From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of The Gamages via groups.io
Sent: 13 August 2022 11:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] code factory voices

Hello Quentin and Steve,

Thank you for that information, I have downloaded the program and am ready to install, do I need to uninstall my license key before installing the new version?  will the new version install over the old one? in other words, do I* need to uninstal the old version before installing the new one?

Thank you for your help with all this, I am most grateful.

Best Regards, Jim.

 On 12/08/2022 13:00, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Jim,

The Code Factory voices were updated around the same time NVDA 2022.1 came out.  You can download the updated voices at: https://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Note if you are using any other add-ons which weren't compatible with NVDA 2022.1, please check https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html as they may also have been updated.

There is an add-on updater add-on which can help keep add-ons updated.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 9:53 PM The Gamages via groups.io <james.gamage=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

Some time agoI got a mnessage frrom NVDA to say that my code factory
voices would not work with the next version of NVDA, so I haven't
updated NVDA since, I have  some questions before I do something about it.

1. Do I need to purchase a new package?

2. can I just purchase a new license?

If I have to purchas a new package, will the one which is not an NVDA
add on work with NVDA?

My present package is quite old I suppose, but as it is quite an
expensive item, I am hoping that a product which is independant of NVDA
will not stop working at a later point.

Any clarification will be most appreciated, Thank you.

Best Regards, Jim.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager