From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2022 12:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] apostrophe prononciation

I don't understand the question.  If you are in the Punctuation/symbol pronunciation dialog and you are on a symbol, you can tab once to an edit field.  If you don't want tick to be spoken as tick, you can type what you want said, such as apostrophe.  You may be asking something else but I don't understand what it is if you are.

Gene

On 8/18/2022 2:05 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:

NO removing the file then re Running NVDA creates a new one, but it of course removes changes that worked.
What I cannot understand about the original query is how changing the name of any punctuation should change the way the word is pronounced.The only way that can happen is an unfortunate choice in a dictionary.

I do feel that the multiple occurrences of some punctuation is a bit odd though. Does anyone know if this means there are several characters with the same code, or are there several occurrences of the same one with different codes?
I had no issues changing bang, but the quotes are a bit of an issue, you do not want too verbose a description. There are, by the way several bullets as well.