From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2022 10:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] apostrophe prononciation

I'm not sure, but this discussion may solve the problem.

.  Restarting NVDA is not necessary and it usually isn't necessary for most changes in general.  See what happens if you don't restart it.  If the changes are used, then you have NVDA set not to automatically save changes on exit.  If the changes are recognized, use the command control NVDA c to save the changes.  They will then not be lost when the screen-reader shuts down or restarts.

Gene

On 8/18/2022 10:08 PM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Hello Jene,

My attempts to change both these symbols did not work as expected.

I tried the below:

  1. Opened the Punctuation/symbol pronunciation dialog in the NVDA settings.
  2. Tabbed once to the Edit field (change).
  3. Replaced the words Tick and Bang with Apostrophe and Exclamation in the respective lines.
  4. Saved the changes by clicking the OK button.
  5. Restarted NVDA.

   But NVDA did not recognize the changes.  What am I missing here? Appreciate your guidance please.

I am using Windows 10 H2; with NVDA 2022.2  tried with both Espeak and Vocalizer voices.

Thanks,

Ravi.

V.S.Ravindran.

Excuses leads to failure!””