Re: NVDA and Fractions

Quentin Christensen

There are a lot of sites which promise to teach you - some of the rely on colour for various things and I must confess I haven't used any of them lately to know what they are like.  If you do a search for "Regular expression tutorial" you should get heaps of results.  In the meantime, the Wikipedia page goes probably too far into explanation of what it is, but does have some examples: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Brian and Quentin,

I would like to know more about regular expressions and how to use them. Could you point me in the right direction?

This looks like an important skill particularly with the rise of text to speech delivery of eBooks! BorrowBox have just brought out theirs and it uses the regular API voices. For example the word reach is being pronounced as ree, akt to give you an idea of the mispronunciation.

All the best,

Cearbhall