Re: NVDA and Fractions

Andre Fisher

A great fix to the 'ratio' issue is to change the level of the ratio
symbol being spoken to the most level.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 02:07 am, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

though why it should be dependent on what goes before in such a fashion
is
very odd indeed.
 It's an attempt at natural written language intelligence.  Many
abbreviations for currencies are, in and of themselves, unpronounceable in
English.  When they occur after a digit, however, the logical way to
pronounce them is as the currency they represent.  The same trick is used
for AM and PM (regardless of case) when it follows what looks like a time as
opposed to elsewhere.  We all know that "AM" would be pronounce as in the
sentence, "I am typing this right now."  I don't know how various
synthesizers would handle PM absent the time context.
--
*Brian*

*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If
you’re alive, it isn’t.*

   ~ Lauren Bacall