Re: The unknown issue with mozilla fire fox and thunderbird

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Brian

I put a later version of fire fox on there i think it was version 49 and
when i set it up it works well every thing is back to normal. I am sure
her version was 47 at that time. So hopefully it will not happen again.
but if it does cross fingers not, i will repeat the process.

There must of been a bug that caused it in the earlier version.
I forgot to mention also the portable version done the same with saying
unknown in both fire fox and thunderbird.

it was really weird it would act normal in some parts and weird in
others. But since it has been done it is all back to normal. It is the
first time I have seen this problem and took a bit of time to figure it
out. some how it seemed to affect some other programs yet others were ok.
I was lucky also i was able to have remote access to help her she can
get confused and hit wrong keys at times, so was far quicker for me to
do it as she lives 45 minutes north of where i live. Plus i have a good
knowledge of computer related stuff and where to look.

If it helps some one else to sort out the same problem it is worth it.

Gene nz

On 18/10/2016 10:23 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Yes there was a post by me from Jamie from the dev list that basically
said that there is a problem with firefox, and its not been fixed in
the main so called stable version but has been in the nightly build.
It could be that by removing that folder you have reset the
situation, so to speak and it will nnow work until the same limit or
whatever occurs again, but hopefully, by then the nightly build will
have become the stable one and the problem will go away.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-