Calling all beginners: topics to be covered during NvDACon 2016 #NVDACon

Hello all,

First, thank you all for joining the next generation NVDA International users list.

The leadership team would like to receive feedback from beginning NVDA users regarding the following:

2016 is a special year for NVDA users: NVDA turns ten. To celebrate this, some members of the community are organizing a huge online conference around NVDA’s tenth birthday: NVDA Users and Developers Conference (NVDACon for short), to be held in April 2016.

NVDACon is an annual gathering of NVDA users and developers to talk about current state of NVDA development. Topics have included math support, braille enhancements, supporting Windows 10, web browsing, Google applications and more. This year, to coordinate NVDACon 2016, several members of this list, together with outside supporters and NV Access formed a planning committee to discuss planning and logistics of this online conference.

One of the suggestions considered by organizers is a session or two devoted to beginners. The goals of these sessions are to introduce you to NVDA and its features, understanding concepts such as NVDA menu, object navigation, web browsing and others, an introduction to add-ons and more. Because organizers would like to receive feedback from many fellow community members, we’d like to ask you to send in your suggestions to the committee by either contacting committee members (Nimer, I, Derek Riemer and others), or sending an email to nvda+owner@groups.io with the subject line of “NVDACon 2016” and the admins will forward it to the committee for consideration during our next meeting (sometime in March). Also, even if you are not a beginner (or consider yourself a power user), more suggestions, the better, so we’ll accept suggestions from you as well. The deadline for receiving your email will be March 14, 2016 (shortly before Accessible World Tek Talk event on NVDA and NVDACon) so we can discuss your comments and finalize the schedule by early April.

Thank you, and the NVDACon Planning Committee are looking forward to considering your comments.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Joseph S. Lee

Moderator, NVDA International users forum (http://groups.io/g/nvda)

Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee (http://groups.io/g/nvdacon)

P.S. For all NVDACon related communication, including a general invite to be sent to this list in April, please use #NVDACon hashtag. Thanks.