Re: auto detecting screen reader

Gene

We don't know what is being seen.  If it is one of the accessibility overlays, it likely makes the site harder to use and these overlays are so unwanted that there is at least one lawsuit against one of the companies who sell them to web sites, claiming that AI can solve accessibility problems for blind users and bring the site into compliance with the ADA just by the site having the overlay.

Gene

On 9/5/2022 11:53 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 12:42 PM, Don H wrote:
I find this annoying to say the least.
-
Why?

It's a one-time accept or decline (unless you constantly delete site cookies).

For the love of heaven, when a site has additional accessibility options why would you NOT want to know about them?  These detections occur in other things, too, such as Adobe Reader DC, which will ask you whether you want to set up things with the Accessibility Wizard (also one time) and, believe me, in that context you absolutely do want to.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt