From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 September 2022 19:51
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] auto detecting screen reader

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 02:32 PM, Don H wrote:

Rather than asking why please just answer my question as to if you can hide the screen reader.

-
I don't have the answer.

You, and a lot of other members of this group need to get over the idea that every response is directed to you as the original poster.  Many original posters have given little thought to the results of what they're asking about.  That may not be you, specifically, but it could be any number of others who might be inclined to impulsively disable this automated checking for accessibility software in use.

That has downsides, and those deserve discussion.  It's not all about you, and your question, but about the other things that question brings up.  And that applies to the "generic you" for every post.

If someone has the answer to your question, I'd suppose they will actually supply the information.  Sometimes no one does.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt