chromebooks and accessibility?

ken lawrence

Hi list, ken here with a question.  posted this on the tech zone but got no reply.  saw an item in associated press yesterday about a new chromebook being released.  I know some things about chromebooks namely that they are a bare bones computer.  all they have on them is the browser and the media player.  the operating system is in the cloud this chromebook I saw released new only costs $199.  that seems like a good option for those on a budget.  the question is can NVDA or any screen reader run on a chromebook and are they generally accessibile for blind/visually impaired?  not sure if anyone on this list knows the answer to that.  it seems like for someone without a laptop this could be a good option for me.