From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via groups.io
Sent: 07 September 2022 07:48
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] auto detecting screen reader

I wonder if NVDA could have a togglable option to do this?
Taking on board Bryans point of forgetting what you set though, it would need to have some warning it was on, in case it disables useful functions.
Sadly overlays, though a nice idea, are never going to work on web sites so widely variable in their design. Far better to stop flogging overlays and hiring out people to educate web programmers. We touched on this in another thread about drag and drop the other day, Its the same with on mouse over up down left right etc, in the code. Design such silliness out as I know many sighted people who cannot cope with these as they are just not very good at accurate mouse pointing.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'