locked Re: Windows App Essentials 22.09.1 #addonrelease

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 02:22 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Only on windows 10 and 11 of course.
I still use 7 on a day to day basis, but that is due in the main to legacy software for bespoke uses.
-
The presumption in this group is that discussions of NVDA and NVDA add-ons are, by default, talking about current releases.

Yes, you can use NVDA under Windows 7, but I'd presume that certain add-ons have reached the point where they have dependencies on something in Windows that is not present in Windows 7.  That trend will only intensify as time marches on.

Some people are using old NVDA versions, too, but unless that's clearly stated the presumption should be that when a naked "NVDA" is used it means the current production release.  If you're using older, or beta, or alpha, that really needs to be identified explicitly.  And older NVDA versions are relegated to the Chat Subgroup as well.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt