Re: Settings import/export feature

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 04:01 PM, Jason Bratcher wrote:
I distinctly remember NVDA only asking if you want to copy a portable configuration's settings/add-ons into an installed copy of NVDA.
Not the other way around.
-
I'm not questioning your memory, as things do change over time, but that's not correct now.

If you fire up the Create Portable Copy dialog, here are its contents:
Portable Directory Edit Box followed by a Browse Button
directly beneath this are two checkboxes:
Copy current user configuration
Start the new portable copy after creation
---
That copy current user configuration checkbox has been there for a while, though I don't know when it originated.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt