From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 08 September 2022 16:33
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA's built-in OCR Capabilities

Topic retitled for clarity and archival purposes.

But I also have a question:  Do any of the "internal" OCR options result in the file being OCRed having those changes kept permanently?  I can't imagine that the single page "quick and dirty" OCR would do this as it would make no sense to even try because many documents are more than one page, and a partially OCRed file is as bad as one that still needs to be processed.  But I don't know much about the NVDA Advanced OCR (NAO) Add-On other than that it exists and what its primary purpose is.

If the file is to be used over and over and over again, and neither adds a text layer that sticks with the file, there are other options that do just that.  But they're not done by NVDA itself or an add-on.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt