Re: document Presentation In Braille

H l

Well that was a bit of an experiment. As usual I managed to get it to speak all sorts, but for some reason it was showing none of it in braille. I changed the braille code temporarily to UEB and it showed me the bold text, but did not show the italic or colors on the braille display.

Harmony.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 14 September 2022 10:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] document Presentation In Braille

You need to go into NVDA's document formatting settings and ensure the attributes you want reported are checked - font attributes for bold and italics.

With those checked, it's then up to how the braille table you are using renders those properties, but they should be conveyed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 5:53 PM H l <harmonyln7@...> wrote:

Hey everyone,

Can I get NVDA to do more document presentation in braille? I want it to mark the italics and bold and colors etc like I should be able to do in jaws, but right now am unable to get either screen reader to do, even though they speak everything you could possibly want. I really don't want to rely on speech at all but just use braille, but right now I can't do that because there is so much that is not displayed in braille that is spoken by NVDA.

Thanks,

Harmony.

--

Quentin Christensen