Configurations not holding between two MS word docs.

Christopher Bartlett

Win 10: latest beta just installed this morning.
The situation: I have two MS word documents, a story I'm editing, and a separate comments document.  I have an editing configuration I prefer in Word for this sort of thing.
The problem: when switching back and forth between documents with alt-tab, my voice configuration parameters are reverting to factory default for rate and pitch at least, (haven't checked other settings). This does not happen consistently, but every three or four switches.  It's not consistent in which document the reversion happens, but once it does, it reverts for both documents.
STeps taken: I have reset the parameters several times.  I have verified that I am in my word editing profile.  I have manually saved the configuration after resetting it several times.
What am I missing?

Christopher Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett