Re: could nvda announce entries in the Windows 11 emoji panel?

Rowen Cary

Hi > Joseph,

I installed Windows App Essentials and also tried disabling all add-ons, as well as changing the Selective Registration UIA option of the NVDA advanced settings panel, the emoji panel doesn't work as expected.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 10:56 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

In addition to usual version info, can you tell me if this happens with or without Windows App Essentials add-on installed? If Windows App Essentials is not running, it might be due to UIA event registration setting (if set to "selective" or the checkbox is checked (depending on NVDA release), NVDA will not handle events from places other than focused control, which affects Windows 10 emoji panel where NVDA may appear to do nothing when in fact emojis are being selected).

Cheers,

Joseph