Re: move NVDA settings to new computer

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 07:08 PM, Don H wrote:
Will this properly install addons such as the code factory vocalizer addon? Wasn't there a way to move the settings from a portable copy made from the old computer?
-
I don't know the answer to your first question, because I don't know what Code Factory's licensing scheme is and what it checks (or doesn't) in relation to the computer on which it's running.  I can say it will copy the add-on over in its entirety, but that doesn't mean that it will work.  Someone else will have to answer this, as I don't own it.

Sarah has already referenced the ability to make a portable copy of NVDA, including your add-ons when you do so, then using that portable copy as as the install media on your new computer.  I believe I recall when you do that it will ask you if you wish to copy the profile/settings/configuration associated with the portable copy to the new installation, but I haven't done this in ages.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt