Re: NVDA and natural voices

Louise Pfau

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 07:36 PM, David Goldfield wrote:

When Jeff Bishop from Microsoft was a panelist at the 2022 ACB convention I did ask if the new natural voices might become available for third party screen readers. He said that they were only available for Narrator and I knew that attempting to try to get more information out of him by asking follow-up questions would probably be fruitless. This doesn’t mean we’ll never see them for other screen readers but it’s pretty clear to me that Microsoft has no immediate plans for this.

What synthesizer does NVDA use by default in Windows 11?  It uses the Windows OneCore voices in Windows 10.

Thanks,

Louise