Re: chromebooks and accessibility?

mattias

quick question

tech zone? wich list are it?

Den 2016-10-20 kl. 09:16, skrev Brian's Mail list account:

Its not windows, so no Nvda will not run on it, but Google may well have an accessible interface built in as the Android operating system has, but then, I'm not really a fan of cloud based apps never mind operating systems since by definition they need constant contact with the internet to work.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "ken lawrence via Groups.io" <kenlawrence124@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:59 PM
Subject: [nvda] chromebooks and accessibility?

Hi list, ken here with a question. posted this on the tech zone but got no reply. saw an item in associated press yesterday about a new chromebook being released. I know some things about chromebooks namely that they are a bare bones computer. all they have on them is the browser and the media player. the operating system is in the cloud this chromebook I saw released new only costs $199. that seems like a good option for those on a budget. the question is can NVDA or any screen reader run on a chromebook and are they generally accessibile for blind/visually impaired? not sure if anyone on this list knows the answer to that. it seems like for someone without a laptop this could be a good option for me.