Re: NVDA cursor automatically placed in conversations list in gMail standard view

Jackie

I have made a cutt.us shortener.

Now as long as it doesn't go down.

www.cutt.us/gmailweb.

Aparently cutt.us is good on privacy but whatever I use this as my daily
driver because firefox refuses to run basic html button only chromium
based brousers like edge do.

On 28/09/2022 12:59 pm, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
For about a year now, Gmail has logged in to standard view by default,
but you can still access the basic HTML view. You have to force focus
mode, then hit shift tab to the top of the page and the button will be
there to change the view. I wish they hadn’t gotten rid of the option
to make basic HTML your default view though, I was able to do that for
like four years before it suddenly changed one day.

On Sep 27, 2022, at 3:59 PM, Louise Pfau <louise.pfau@...> wrote:

Hi.  Gmail appears to have just phased out the basic html view, so I
have to use the standard view now.  I noticed that when I log in,
NVDA is automatically placed in focus mode, and the cursor is placed
in the conversation list.  Is there a way to set NVDA to place the
cursor at the top of the page, so that you can see if there is other
important information?  With the basic html view, that's how it
worked.  In my opinion, the basic html view worked better with a
screen reader.

Thanks,

Louise

--
Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com