Re: Reading tabs on web page

Travis Siegel

Speaking of reading tables on web pages. How does one navigate down the columns of the tables. I currently have to navigate a cell at a time, and sometimes, I don't want to do that. I'm sure there's a way to do this, and although I read the whole manual, it was a *large* manual, and I've not read it multiple times just yet to try to get all of it to sink in. I'm sure this question is answered there, and I apologize if it is, but it's frustrating me enough to try to find a solution. Sometimes, I just want the first column, or the third column, and I don't really want to read all the cells in the table, just that particular column, and I don't know how to do this, and it irritates me that I don't know how to do this. :)

On 10/21/2016 5:29 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi,

I would like some help to read a web page where information is set out
visually in tables by using tabs rather than a table structure. I need to
read it in columns but NVDA does not find a column and just reads each
column entry line by line. Has anyone any experience overcoming this?

Here is the offending page if you would like to have a go and see what you
can do.
https://tollfreeforwarding.com/content/rates.html#

The tabular area begins with the words:
"Starter
Business
Enterprise"
In fact, these three words are three of the column headings that I am trying
to read. As you can see, they simply appear to be lines one below the other
instead of a table row.

I really hope you can help. I do intend to speak to the developer but,
meanwhile, I have to have the information!

All the best,

Cearbhall