Date   
Re: Windows Live mail

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I've not encountered this one, but then Live mail has other quirks I do not understand.
It often depends on which version of live you have installed in my experience.
Now I have a version of Outlook Express mostly working in later Windows, I'm considering removing Live mail completely. The odd crash that OE has can be fixed by a small script file to reboot it, and its far more reliable than when live mail gets itself into the, no I won't show you any folders so there, mode!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley23@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 10:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] Windows Live mail


I know this is probably not an NVDA issue, but when reading messages in my in box, in order to save me having to listen to the subject line again, I hit the tab key and the message is read. If I go to another foulder such as the junk foulder, I cannot do this.

Re: confused about all of the screen reader voices out there

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I'd better not even mention via-voice then..:-)
In theory, the voice should be the same but the means of using it is different, These older versions though, are not strictly legal unless you paid for them at the time and there was no hacking involved.
Sadly today, the voices tend to be copyrighted in different forms and different companies buy and seel them along with the means to make them work, so it is indeed a minefield, and unsurprisingly, the makers of Nvda only truly support their use through the current rights holders drivers etc, or it could lay them open to legal action. This is the reality of the world we live in, unfortunately.


The Via-voice Eloquence sound alikes are SAppi 4, but some of the others are Sappi 5, or indeed a completely bespoke synth.

I'm not that happy with the latest versions, as it sounds a bit gritty and odd, mind you I'm not a fan of that voice in the first place, to be honest.
At the moment I'm using Quincy from Espeak for most navigation and the speech platform Microsoft voices, Hazel, for reading of long documents.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac" <bigikemusic@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 8:30 AM
Subject: [nvda] confused about all of the screen reader voices out there


what is the difference in the code factory and neuonce vocalizer, and what is the difference in the eloquence sold as a sapi product and the eloquence addon, and is the sapi eloquence sapi 5 and how do people like it.
Thanks

locked Re: test please read

P. Otter
 

hi jim your mail is laud and clear.
cheers
paul otter
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 9:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] test please read

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Re: Portable version crashed

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

The log is always in the same place whichever version you run.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] Portable version crashed


My portable copy of nvda just crashed or something. There was just suddenly no speech at all and I hit nvda q to do a restart and I got nothing so I hit ctrl alt n and that started my installed copy and all is good again. I've noticed that occasionally the portable version will do some odd things like not speaking as it should and not reading items in a list as I arrow up and down but if I start my installed copy it is normal again. I don't know if there's any kind of log for the portable version so if someone can tell me where that log might be and where to send it, I'd be glad to do so and maybe track down a problem.

Roger


Re: Need help with a local TV website with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Well, I'm not surprised that I cannot see any way to get live content, as I'm outside its area and its r probably protected against anyone outside the country of origin being able to see the content.
Also, you could try taking out any ad blocker, as many sites are now getting wise to these and will not let people on tdo much till they can see the adverts on the pages.
In my experience many sites like this use inaccessible flash, which stops us using them though.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:09 PM
Subject: [nvda] Need help with a local TV website with NVDA


I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair out. Could anyone help me? I can't figure out what our local ABC affiliate in Charlotte NC did to their flash settings. the website is:
www.wsoctv.com
Find the heading link labeled watch live. It used to play straight away, but as of yesterday it doesn't.There is a clickable imbeded object. I went into focus mode and hit numbpad enter and nothing happens. Thanks.

Re: Need help with a local TV website with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

In that case his best bet is to contact the station site directly and point out the problems such controls give the blind.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need help with a local TV website with NVDA


Your local station is using an inaccessible Flash control or Flash player, I'm not sure just what. I think they switched to an inaccessible Flash player. You might be able to get the site to play using a physical mouse and the NVDA feature that announces what is under the mouse as you move it but I don't know if you can or not. I don't recall ever being able to get Flash to play from the keyboard when I've come across this kind of inaccessible control. However, you might want to play with other browsers and screen-readers to see if any of them provide access. Someone else may experiment and figure out a way to get access. Or perhaps I'll find something but it doesn't look promising.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Lino Morales
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 11:09 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Need help with a local TV website with NVDA


I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair out. Could anyone help me?
I can't figure out what our local ABC affiliate in Charlotte NC did to
their flash settings. the website is:
www.wsoctv.com
Find the heading link labeled watch live. It used to play straight away,
but as of yesterday it doesn't.There is a clickable imbeded object. I
went into focus mode and hit numbpad enter and nothing happens. Thanks.

locked Re: test please read

Helga Schreiber
 

Hi Jim. This is Helga! How are you? Your message is coming through th elist now! Hope to hear form you soon. Thanks and God bless!!

Helga Schreiber 

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Member of the International Networkers Team (INT).
Independent Entrepreneur of the Company 4Life Research.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950 
Skype: helga.schreiber26 
INT Website: http://int4life.com/ 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 
Sent from my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.2.1  

On Mar 21, 2016, at 4:33 AM, The Gamages <james.gamage@...> wrote:

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

locked Re: test please read

Robert Mendoza
 

Got it, Jim!
Robert Mendoza
On 3/21/2016 4:33 PM, The Gamages wrote:

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

locked test please read

The Gamages
 

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Re: teamtalk was the talk tonight

laura cornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
 

I am needing the team talk info to put in the f2 stuff on tean talk.

On 3/16/2016 4:48 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
Thank you so very much.

Scott

On 3/16/2016 11:24 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Scott,
I will respond with two things here:
* 100 is the loudest and 0 is the softest volume you can acquire.
* If you are wondering what difference exists between the three
sliders, the NVDACon page explains that by the following quotes:
'5. While in any room, you will see three slider controls after the
list of channels (rooms and channels are the same thing), along with
an edit field. The first edit field is for system and user messages.
The second lets you chat by typing text and pressing enter. The first
slider changes your microphone's sensitivity (gain), the second
changes the volume of the room in general as you hear it, and we are
not sure what the third one does.'
Also, to test your mike audio, in earlier conferences, we did have a
mike audio testing room specifically, but due to technicalities I am
unaware of, our server administrator tells us this may not be possible
to implement in Teamtalk 5, or this NVDACon. If I remember correctly,
the alternative way of checking your microphone is by pressing Ctrl +
4 in any room or channel, and your audio should be echoed back for
your understanding and testing, as I was earlier told by someone.

By the way, for the Android users on this list, I would also like to
mention that the Teamtalk Android app is in development stage
currently, but you still might want to try it out from
http://bearware.dk/?p=279 as its optimal accessibility with Talkback
is explicitly assured. A friend of mine and myself are going to test
the Teamtalk Android app ourselves as well. Will share our findings
once we are thoroughly done with our assessment.
Thanks.

On 3/16/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...> wrote:
Hello Bhavya.
I installed teamtalk just now.
It appears like i'm connected, well not at the exact moment as i write
this but i did get into the rooms.
But, now since there is nobody there, how do i test my audio?
And those sliders for the microphone, is 0 or 100 the loudest.
I'm asking because sometimes programs i have run into can be different
in that respect.
Talk to you later.

Scott

On 3/15/2016 6:48 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Scott,
Well, do let us know in case you have some specific Teamtalk problems
or troubleshooting requirements, and the TT experts here may be able
to help you.
Just to note, you can communicate in the conference via text messages
as well as audio conversation. Text chats are always recognized and
read out by others. If microphone configuration with TT is an issue
for you, hope that may no longer need to be an impediment for
participation in NVDACon. :) smiles
Thanks.

On 3/15/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...> wrote:
Hello, i plan to be there, if i can get team talk working on my system.
I tried before and it didn't work, so we'll see i guess.smile.

Scott

On 3/14/2016 9:56 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Scott, Joseph and others,
It was great fun for me too to be a part of the recent Accessible
World Techtalk presentation, and am thankful to Joseph for the same.
Just like this recent Techtalk event related to NVDA, I would
encourage everyone to participate in this, and future events,
including the NVDACon International 2016, of course. Looking forward
to seeing you out there, Scott, and many others.
Thanks.

On 3/15/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...> wrote:
Hello Joseph and all.
First of all I wanted to say thanks Joseph, that was fun to listen to.
I will have to reinstall the plugin though because I tried to talk and
it didn't work i think.
But, thanks again.
Maybe some day I'll actually get to talk to you all in voice during
one
of these things.

I'm planning to be there during at least some of the nvda con
sessions.
Sounds like it'll be fun.

Well, that is all for now.

Talk to you all later.

Scott V







Re: is there any option with NVDA to READ SINGLE DIGITS AND NOT A GROOUP OF DIGITS

Moty Azrad
 

thanks, Gene.
 
 

Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there any option with NVDA to READ SINGLE DIGITS AND NOT A GROOUP OF DIGITS
Hi Moti

The way I usually read them is with the review text command in NVDA

On the numeric keypad, I will use the number one for previous character, the number 2 for current character and the number 3 for next character or in your case numbers. I am using a desktop pc and have the numeric keypad so this can be done.

Depending what it is in as well you might even be able to do it with the left and right arrow keys.

I think also some of the paid synths will do it, but i find the review text commands do the trick for me plus i can copy them if needed.

Gene nz


On 21-Mar-16 7:04 AM, Moty Azrad wrote:
Dear all,
 
The subject line explains well my question and if yes, how can I do it and which changes must be done to enable this feature?
 
Moti
 



Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@...
azrad_moty@...
motia@...
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL   

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material 
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net



Moti Azrad Musician & Piano tuner
motiaz@...
azrad_moty@...
motia@...
https://www.facebook.com/moti.azrad
ISRAEL

keep getting invalid addresses

marvin kotler
 

Good evening list.  I am having a problem, more or less.  When I click on a link in an email message for example someones in face book. I keep getting invalid address coming up.  I do not have this problem with our other friendly  screen reader.  This happens on any address in an email message.  Any help on this resolution of this issue would be appreciated; thanks in advance.  Running nvda 6.1,and/or jfw17internet explorer 11 is the brouser that comes up after entering on a link in the email message.
 

Re: List Activity

Michelle's Home Emails
 

Hi Andrea

Michelle here yes messages coming through ok.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Mar 2016, at 5:14 PM, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> wrote:

Are any messages coming through to the list today?
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad


Re: about balabolka and nvda.

Robert Mendoza
 

In addition, to ensure you copied the correct text or number you can press the nvda plus C. And, nvda will report if your copied text is done correctly before pasting it to text editor. hope this helps.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/21/2016 11:13 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi Moti

The way I usually read them is with the review text command in NVDA

On the numeric keypad, I will use the number one for previous character, the number 2 for current character and the number 3 for next character or in your case numbers. I am using a desktop pc and have the numeric keypad so this can be done.

Depending what it is in as well you might even be able to do it with the left and right arrow keys.

I think also some of the paid synths will do it, but i find the review text commands do the trick for me plus i can copy them if needed.

Gene nz



On 21-Mar-16 8:20 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
i tried it and when i peisted my document the part which i selected my
selections were not peisted.

On 3/20/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi geen and ron.
your suggestion for using f9 and f10 is great and i have been forgotten it.
thanks extremely for your help and god bless you.

On 3/20/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

Is it the whole document you want to copy? If so once it is in balabulka
and showing, if you just want to copy the text, and you want the whole
document, use the ctrl key + the letter A. This will select the whole
document. You can then use the ctrl key + the letter C to copy it to
another document. Then it is a matter of pasing it in the new document
with the CTRL key and the letter V

NVDA was reading what was copied into bulkbuka and i could use the CTRL
keys + the left or right arrow key to go word by word and also the say
all command.

As you mentioned I could not hear NVDA say when I was selecting text
using the shift key. I am not sure if it is because I am on windows 10
doing it.

If you only want certain parts out of it, you could use the F9 key to
start a mark oto mark where you want NVDA to copy from then go to the
end of the area where you want nVDA to stop the mark which is at the end
of the stuff you want. The NVDA key + the letter C will speak what is in
the clipboard, once the F10 key has copied it there.

You can also use the text review or is it the review text commands. They
are the ones on the numeric keypad.

The section in the user manual is 5.5. Reviewing Text
That section will give you all the keys you can use. This part of the
manual is useful fo rread only stuff where it can not be copied the
normal way.

hope this helps.

Gene nz


On 21-Mar-16 1:54 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
my problem is with selection and for this reason i dont know which
line or word i am selecting, shurely i cant copy peist my desires.

On 3/20/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
thanks for your answer.
i have problem with selection.
in text editor like notepad, akelpad, wordpad i can press shift with
down arrow key and nvda say selection.
when i press control shift right i can select word and nvda reads my
selection.
but unfortunately in balabolka does not say any of my selections and i
cant understand what do i do.

On 3/20/16, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I have just opened a PDF file in Balabolka and I have had no problems
with reading, navigation or copy/paste.

I have used it in the past to convert lengthy text files and other
formats such as PDF, EPub and HTML to synthesized speech using the
Microsoft default voice of choice. I have the new legal Eloquence
SAPI
5 version which does a great job of interacting with the software. On
older slower computers: XP and early Windows 7, I did have a problem
with the program crashing when I tried converting lengthy text and
other
format files to speech. On my newer Windows 8.1 8 core with 16 GB
RAM,
I have no such issues.

Just what types of problems are you people having with the interface?

On 3/20/2016 5:46 AM, Kostadin Kolev wrote:
Hello,

Working with text from within Balabolka is not screen reader
friendly.
At least not when using NVDA.
But you can open a file (e.g. PDF) in Balabolka, select the whole
text
content with Control+A and copy it to the clipboard with Control+C.
Note however, that NVDA will not report that you have selected any
text. Then you can paste the copied text in some accessible text
editor like Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc. and work with it from
there.
Alternatively, after opening the file in Balabolka, you can save it
to
plain text file (*.txt) from menu File -> Save as in Balabolka and
choose "Text File" from the "Save as type" combo box in the "Save as"
dialog. Then you can opened the saved plain text (*.txt) file in any
accessible plain text editor (Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc.) and
work with it from there.
Note however, that Balabolka's text extraction methods don't preserve
some formating information, including the page breaks and the pages
get merged in one large file with in some cases no distinction
between
pages. In most cases however, there is at least one blank line
between
pages, so you'll be able to distinct them from one another.
Even with all those suggestions for workarounds however, I strongly
suggest you to firstly try to open the PDF files in Acrobat Reader DC
and work with the text from within it, before trying any other PDF
viewer like Balabolka. Acrobat Reader DC is free and can be
downloaded
from Adobe's website. You can copy text from PDF files from Acrobat
Reader DC, unless the PDF file in question is protected in a way that
prevents text copying to work at all. But in such a case, I doubt
that
you be able to extract/copy text from such a PDF file even with
another PDF viewer like Balabolka for example.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 20.3.2016 г. в 10:52, nasrin khaksar написа:
hi every one.
i realy appreciate you if someone help me to learn how to use
balabolka, select words lines pages and copy and peist my selection.
i need working with pdf documents and now the only solution for me
is
balabolka.
because sumatra is not accessible until now.
thanks so much and god bless you.

On 3/19/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
wrote:
I've had little luck with this software either, so don't think its
just
you.

I suspect there is probably a distinct version which we have to
use,
but I
do not know which it is and where to get it!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:02 AM
Subject: [nvda] about balabolka and nvda.


hi every one.
i use balabolka and tried many versions of it.
but unfortunately i cant use it by nvda easily.
for example: when i want to select one character, one word, one
line
and press shift left and right, shift control left and right,
shift
up
and shift down nvda does not announce anything and i cant
understand
what do i am doing.
who can teach me to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you.

--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins
them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good
things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them
their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those
who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light
which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org





--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org
--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org



Re: about balabolka and nvda.

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Moti

The way I usually read them is with the review text command in NVDA

On the numeric keypad, I will use the number one for previous character, the number 2 for current character and the number 3 for next character or in your case numbers. I am using a desktop pc and have the numeric keypad so this can be done.

Depending what it is in as well you might even be able to do it with the left and right arrow keys.

I think also some of the paid synths will do it, but i find the review text commands do the trick for me plus i can copy them if needed.

Gene nz

On 21-Mar-16 8:20 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
i tried it and when i peisted my document the part which i selected my
selections were not peisted.

On 3/20/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi geen and ron.
your suggestion for using f9 and f10 is great and i have been forgotten it.
thanks extremely for your help and god bless you.

On 3/20/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

Is it the whole document you want to copy? If so once it is in balabulka
and showing, if you just want to copy the text, and you want the whole
document, use the ctrl key + the letter A. This will select the whole
document. You can then use the ctrl key + the letter C to copy it to
another document. Then it is a matter of pasing it in the new document
with the CTRL key and the letter V

NVDA was reading what was copied into bulkbuka and i could use the CTRL
keys + the left or right arrow key to go word by word and also the say
all command.

As you mentioned I could not hear NVDA say when I was selecting text
using the shift key. I am not sure if it is because I am on windows 10
doing it.

If you only want certain parts out of it, you could use the F9 key to
start a mark oto mark where you want NVDA to copy from then go to the
end of the area where you want nVDA to stop the mark which is at the end
of the stuff you want. The NVDA key + the letter C will speak what is in
the clipboard, once the F10 key has copied it there.

You can also use the text review or is it the review text commands. They
are the ones on the numeric keypad.

The section in the user manual is 5.5. Reviewing Text
That section will give you all the keys you can use. This part of the
manual is useful fo rread only stuff where it can not be copied the
normal way.

hope this helps.

Gene nz


On 21-Mar-16 1:54 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
my problem is with selection and for this reason i dont know which
line or word i am selecting, shurely i cant copy peist my desires.

On 3/20/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
thanks for your answer.
i have problem with selection.
in text editor like notepad, akelpad, wordpad i can press shift with
down arrow key and nvda say selection.
when i press control shift right i can select word and nvda reads my
selection.
but unfortunately in balabolka does not say any of my selections and i
cant understand what do i do.

On 3/20/16, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I have just opened a PDF file in Balabolka and I have had no problems
with reading, navigation or copy/paste.

I have used it in the past to convert lengthy text files and other
formats such as PDF, EPub and HTML to synthesized speech using the
Microsoft default voice of choice. I have the new legal Eloquence
SAPI
5 version which does a great job of interacting with the software. On
older slower computers: XP and early Windows 7, I did have a problem
with the program crashing when I tried converting lengthy text and
other
format files to speech. On my newer Windows 8.1 8 core with 16 GB
RAM,
I have no such issues.

Just what types of problems are you people having with the interface?

On 3/20/2016 5:46 AM, Kostadin Kolev wrote:
Hello,

Working with text from within Balabolka is not screen reader
friendly.
At least not when using NVDA.
But you can open a file (e.g. PDF) in Balabolka, select the whole
text
content with Control+A and copy it to the clipboard with Control+C.
Note however, that NVDA will not report that you have selected any
text. Then you can paste the copied text in some accessible text
editor like Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc. and work with it from
there.
Alternatively, after opening the file in Balabolka, you can save it
to
plain text file (*.txt) from menu File -> Save as in Balabolka and
choose "Text File" from the "Save as type" combo box in the "Save as"
dialog. Then you can opened the saved plain text (*.txt) file in any
accessible plain text editor (Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc.) and
work with it from there.
Note however, that Balabolka's text extraction methods don't preserve
some formating information, including the page breaks and the pages
get merged in one large file with in some cases no distinction
between
pages. In most cases however, there is at least one blank line
between
pages, so you'll be able to distinct them from one another.
Even with all those suggestions for workarounds however, I strongly
suggest you to firstly try to open the PDF files in Acrobat Reader DC
and work with the text from within it, before trying any other PDF
viewer like Balabolka. Acrobat Reader DC is free and can be
downloaded
from Adobe's website. You can copy text from PDF files from Acrobat
Reader DC, unless the PDF file in question is protected in a way that
prevents text copying to work at all. But in such a case, I doubt
that
you be able to extract/copy text from such a PDF file even with
another PDF viewer like Balabolka for example.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 20.3.2016 г. в 10:52, nasrin khaksar написа:
hi every one.
i realy appreciate you if someone help me to learn how to use
balabolka, select words lines pages and copy and peist my selection.
i need working with pdf documents and now the only solution for me
is
balabolka.
because sumatra is not accessible until now.
thanks so much and god bless you.

On 3/19/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
wrote:
I've had little luck with this software either, so don't think its
just
you.

I suspect there is probably a distinct version which we have to
use,
but I
do not know which it is and where to get it!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "nasrin khaksar" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:02 AM
Subject: [nvda] about balabolka and nvda.


hi every one.
i use balabolka and tried many versions of it.
but unfortunately i cant use it by nvda easily.
for example: when i want to select one character, one word, one
line
and press shift left and right, shift control left and right,
shift
up
and shift down nvda does not announce anything and i cant
understand
what do i am doing.
who can teach me to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you.

--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins
them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good
things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them
their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those
who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light
which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org





--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org
--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net




--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org



--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Spellcheck in MS Word 2016 does not work

 

Hello,
I have noticed that the spellcheck in ms word 2016 does not tell me the name of the word it is trying to fix. It also does not tell me the sentance it goes in.
Does anyone know how I can get it to work again?
Thank you,

Re: Embedded objects and applications to writing in Google Chrome

Gene
 

I can't tell what or how you want something checked.  this list probably doesn't accept attachments, if you are trying to send one.  Your message has no explanation of what you want tested or how. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Marco Oros
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Embedded objects and applications to writing in Google Chrome

OK, I've send this thing to check, with this embedded objects.


Re: Embedded objects and applications to writing in Google Chrome

Marco Oros
 

OK, I've send this thing to check, with this embedded objects.

Re: Embedded objects and applications to writing in Google Chrome

Gene
 

I'm not sure what you are saying.  Chrome is supposed to update itself. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Marco Oros
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Embedded objects and applications to writing in Google Chrome

And also, maybe It doesn't work, because I didn't update a Google chrome
or no?


Re: confused about all of the screen reader voices out there

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

I have Vocalizer for JAWS and I've looked at the vocalizer from CodeFactory. There doesn't sem to be any difference.
However, the Elequence voice for CodeFactory is choppy and not as clear. If your going to buy the CodeFactory for the Vocalizer voices, go for it, but if your going to buy it for elequence, might be best to stick with the Sapi product.
Hope this helps.
Chris