Date   

Time schedule of NVDACON

Sylvie Duchateau
 

Hello all,

I had a look at the schedule of NVDACON and think the topics are really interesting.

On the list of topics, the time of the different conferences is displayed but not the timezone. 18:00 is not the same in Australia, America or Europe.

Does anyone know which timezone is the reference?

I also could not find the information about how to join a conference.

Thank you for any information.

Best

Sylvie


While We're On The Subject Of Winamp

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,


There have been a number of posts about Winamp and its functionality with NVDA. I am wondering if anyone has any real news about whether or not there will ever be another release of Winamp. I still use 5.66 build 3516 on my Windows 8 system and it's fine, but when I visit the Winamp home page www.winamp.com, I see nothing new as far as the official information since late 2014 and the forums latest update is from September 2015.


Does anyone have any current information? I would really like to know. It's beginninng to sound more and more like vapor software: something that is talked about much, but never appears again.


--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: WinAmp

Gene
 

I don't know what happens when you use the context menu key, but nothing happens when I do.  I don't know if this is related to the version of Windows being used or something else.  I don't see why the version should matter.  I've never, in ten or fifteen years seen the context menu cited for use in Winamp.  Others may relate their experiences but that isn't the documented command, I assume, after so long of never seeing it used.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp

The menu in winamp is on the context menu key and this is tha application
key of course. You need I think, during the install to select the classic
skin for it to work well.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp



The reason I ask is because pressing alt key is not doing anything.
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp

The same way as always.  It's the same program.  The version of Windows
doesn't matter.


I'll tell you the long way to help you learn how to find things in the
program and then the short way.

Alt f, that is hold alt and type f to open the main menu.  All other menus
are found in the menu as well as one or two other things.
So alt f, as I said.  Up arrow, it's faster, to options.  Press enter.
Down arrow through the options and you'll find various things such as
shuffle and repeat.  Press enter on the one you want to turn it on.  If you
want to turn it off later, find it and press enter again.

The short cut key, which you will hear if you let your screen-reader read
everything when you get to the item is s.  S toggles shuffle on and off
while you are in the main window.  R toggles repeat on and off.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp


Got a question for you. In WinAmp if I press alt the menu open and if I use
arrow down I could select whether it play in order sor huffle. How do I do
so in W10?
From: Tony Ballou
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp

Hi,



Have been using it since the days of windows 95, and have had absilutely no
problems with it.  I'm running the latest version of windows 10 professional
and the last known stable version of winamp right now and enjoying a pink
floyd documentary.




tony




On 5/11/2017 9:55 AM, Георги Ламбов wrote:

     Hi!

  By the way are you quite sure that the recommended from you site proposes
winamp? Me, I couldn't find winamp there during my walk-up in the site.




  На 11.5.2017 г. в 14:31 ч., Tony Ballou написа:

    hi,





    Was on the original NVDA e-mail list years ago and now  I'm back from
the wild grins!  You can also download it and a number of accessible
programs which work with NVDA from www.ninite.com.  once you check the boxes
that correspond with the programs you want, and hit the get installer
button, and when prompeted run the file, ninite will install them
automatically for you.  Hope this helps.




    Tony








    On 5/11/2017 6:59 AM, Gene wrote:

      One place to get it is from this page:
      http://www.whitestick.co.uk/download.html
      A number of programs, including Winamp are listed there.

      Winamp does work with Windows 10.

      Gene
      ----- Original Message -----

      From: Holger Fiallo
      Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:48 AM
      To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
      Subject: [nvda] WinAmp



      Does WinAmp works with NVDA and current W10? If so, where can I get
it?
      Holger Fiallo










Re: AVAST

Gene
 

It's very likely a security feature.  If the program could be removed as you suggest, malware could use the same method to remove AVAST.  The need to use Safe Mode or solve a captcha in such a tool is actually a sign of quality and better protection for the antivirus program against being attacked by malware it doesn't recognize and thus doesn't stop. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] AVAST

I have a feeling that the complete uninstall requires safe mode with minimal
drivers loaded. Its one reason I don't like avast myself. it needs an
uninstall utility to remove it completely and that itself needs to run in
safe mode. Quite why it cannot do most of it in normal mode then remove the
rest on the next boot up like many security programsdo eludes me.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 1:24 AM
Subject: [nvda] AVAST




Can not uninstall AVAST. Went to control and prgramprogram and features did
uninstall but did not remove it. Went to setting, app and tab to select
AVAST tab to uninstall. Still there. Help.
Holger Fiallo




Re: Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Gene
 

This isn't a review command.  It's read to end NVDA key down arrow, which you already use.  When You use a browser and open a web page, NVDA automatically starts reading the page, using read to end.  Travis is just letting the page read from the beginning until the content he wants to hear comes up. 
 
Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

So Travis is using "object review mode", and Gene, you are using a different mode?

I'm still learning what the different modes do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: May 11, 2017 9:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

It's hard to believe because it's very inefficient.  You may hear twenty or thirty links and controls before the text actually begins.  With all the ways of using quick navigation. move by headings, skip blocks of links, using the search command, it is extremely inefficient to just let pages read. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Why is it hard to believe that I find it more efficient to read the entire web page than to waste time hunting for information that is on the screen somewhere I don't know where it is on the page? Yes, most of the time, I let it read from the top, until it gets to the content I want.  It's faster (I run the speech as fast as it will go), and all I need to do when I get hwere I want to be is to press the shift or control key depending on whether I want to resume again or not. 

On the other hand, I spend a lot of time reading, so allowing the page to autoload and read from top to bottom is exactly what's wanted, since that way I don't need to do anything to hear the text of the book.  It's the most efficient way of doing things (for me).  It only takes a few seconds to get past the header information (in most cases) and the other content I want is usually near the top of the page, though admittedly, if it's a site like paypal or shopgoodwill, I don't bother with the read to end, because there's no need for it, I just press pagedown the required number of times to get near the main content (or the area I want) and then use the arrows from there to get where I want to go.  I rarely have the need to navigate by headers or tables, or anything else, because after I've been on a site a few times, I'm already familiar with where things are, and if it's close to the top, it's faster to just let it read.


On 5/11/2017 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:
The only reason automatic reading of the sort you describe occurs is because in some instances, NVDA automatically uses read to end when something opens.  You are using read to end in all of the examples you discuss.  But are you saying you let web pages read, link after link and whatever else is at the top of pages before articles begin?  It's hard to believe.  If not when you move to what you want to read, how do you read?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Static or not, Chrome reads pages for me when they come up, thunderbird reads new messages as they come up, winrar reads filenames when I arrow to them, the dos prompt reads automatically, the ssh client I use reads automatically as well.  The only thing that doesn't read automatically (and I suppose I could fix that if it bothered me enough) is notepad when I open txt files using notepad.  Otherwise, I never use the screen review mode unless I need to see something that already went past, and in most cases, I only use that if I need to leave the speech cursor somewhere other than the active cursor location, for times when I need to type something and don't know how to spell it without looking.  90 percent of the time, I leave NVDA in object review mode, and NVDA speaks things automatically, and if I miss something, I simply move around the screen using the cursor navigation keys to get to things without ever leaving object review mode. 


On 5/11/2017 6:26 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what would be involved in doing this.  I have long maintained that NVDA should have such a feature.  At this point, there are only specific interfaces where NVDA is set to do this, such as in the DOS prompt and evidently, in some mud programs and certain other contexts.  But the user can't control this as a general setting.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Thanks.

Most things such as web pages, emails, Word
documents, are static, in that the text just
appears once and you NVDA navigate to it using
the keyboard.

Theoretically, should NVDA have a mode where
it just reads everything on the page that
newly appears?

I suppose this only would apply to text games,
where text is dynamically appearing.



-----Original Message-----
>From: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...>
>Sent: May 11, 2017 1:13 AM
>To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>
>You need a plugin which supports NVDA.
>This page should get you going.
>https://allinaccess.com/mc/
>
>Download MushReader from there.
>On 5/10/2017 11:08 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>> I am using the MUSH Client, which is of course a windows
>> based client.
>>
>> You type commands in the bottom of the screen where your
>> cursor is, and the text from the MUD itself appears in
>> the window above.
>>
>> NVDA does not read anything in that MUD window as it appears,
>> and I'm not sure how you would get it to do so.
>>
>> If you're using a LINUX client, your experience is
>> probably very different, as you say.
>>
>> Perhaps you could give me advice on using NVDA with Mush
>> or other Windows clients?
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
>>> Sent: May 10, 2017 11:41 PM
>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>>>
>>> I'm a little puzzled by what you're saying here.
>>>
>>> NVDA always reads text in real time.  I don't know exactly what you're
>>> experiencing, (perhaps it's the client you're using), but I don't have
>>> to touch the nvda review mode or move the cursor around at all (unless I
>>> want to see something that already printed), everything reads just fine
>>> when it comes from the mud, no configuration of NVDA is necessary.  Now,
>>> if you're using a mud client that isn't speech friendly, I could see
>>> where you might be having trouble.  Me personally, I tend to connect to
>>> my linux box first, then use either muddle or tintin depending on what
>>> I'm connecting to, and how long I plan to be connected, since muddle is
>>> my favorite client, but it's limited on capabilities, I tend to use it
>>> only when I don'[t plan to be logged in very long.  If I'm likely to be
>>> logged in for any length of time, I'll use tintin, because it has better
>>> capabilities, though I've not actually made it as full featured as I'd
>>> like, there's still a lot of things it misses that muddle catches, but
>>> it does have a gag feature which muddle doesn't, and I've not added one
>>> yet, so I tend to use those two, and don't bother with windows clients.
>>> I've tried a few, but honestly, I've been mudding since the early 90s,
>>> and I have yet to find a windows client that works the way I want, so I
>>> tend to avoid them.  Sure, some of them are nice, especially mushZ, but
>>> when I'm playing a mud, I'm not really all that interested in full audio
>>> immersion, so I tend to stick to my command line linux-based clients and
>>> just go on and do my thing and stay out of all discussion on clients,
>>> since I'm probably the only one that ever uses muddle, and although
>>> there are folks using tintin, I don't think the total is more than a
>>> percentage point or two of all total users, so I'm definitely in the
>>> minority.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 5/10/2017 9:33 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>>>> A lot of quick reactions are required sometimes in a MUD.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a way to make it read the text in real time
>>>> as it first appears on the screen?
>>>>
>>>> Or are you manually navigating to each paragraph yourself
>>>> with the NVDA keyboard commands?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
>>>>> Sent: May 9, 2017 10:59 PM
>>>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>>>>>
>>>>> Nothing to optimize.  NVDA reads the text coming across the screen just
>>>>> fine.  If you don't want to see everything, then use a client that has
>>>>> gag capabilities, then you can repress certain text strings, so you
>>>>> don't see them.  Most muds also have various settings you can use to cut
>>>>> down on the amount of spam you receive, especially during battle.
>>>>> Nothing special needed to mud using NVDA, it works just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 5/9/2017 10:42 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>>>>>> Does anyone here play text adventures such as MUD's? (Multi User Dungeons)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If so, is there a way to optimize NVDA with a MUD Client
>>>>>> to read the text as it scrolls in the game?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you for any advice.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Windows 10 S

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well from file hippos download none of that. They feel the two sites in the other downloads are full of spyware, which to some extent is correct aas they shove up pop ups, but using ublock origin filehippo comes up clean in this respect.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 S


Hi Brian:

On Internet Explorer, I got the message "certificate error, navigation blocked"
On Firefox, I did not see a choice to continue.
Kevin Huber


On 5/11/17, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Yes but its there so its only a warning that its not https.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 S


Hi Shaun:

When I tried the link https://twittv.com, I got the message that the
website was insecure. I tried it on both Firefox and Internet
Explorer.

Kevin Huber


On 5/10/17, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
www if all of you check out www.digitaldarragh.com there is a post there
on windows 10 s and what it means to the education industry from a
service tech.

So for certain things ie schools and universities it means a lot
especially in the student environment where viruses and stuff brought in
on flash drives and the like are rampent.

For us users, I'd avoid windows 10 s unless ofcause I was doing it for
school or something.

I certainly wouldn't buy a laptop on that.

Its for lower end units, chances are if you wanted a serious unit and
were not at school if you got the entry level business units which is
where I am hitting at or business units then this will not be a problem
at all.

And even if you get an s system, chances are you can upgrade it in store
for extra stuff 50 us is not to bad for upgrade from a school unit if it
is a school unit and previding you don't need to hand it back.

However there is probably no chance a user could actually ever set up an
s system anyway.

Schools need to be registered to even set this up with a pro box first
off.

Next even if you got that sort of box yourself well we will have to see.

I could see myself with an s tablet maybe for studdies etc who knows.




On 11/05/2017 12:55 a.m., George McCoy wrote:
According to Paul Thurrott at thurrott.com and Mary Joe Foley at
allaboutmicrosoft.com, if you buy a windows 10 s ;device before
January 1 2018, you can upgrade it to windows 10 pro free of charge.
After that date, you can still upgrade to pro but it will cost you $50
u.s.
Windows 10 s will not run native win32 apps. The only apps it runs
are the ones in the Microsoft app store. This means that things like
Chrome and I- tunes will not run. Also, MS Edge is the default
browser and that setting cannot be changed. Bing is the default
search engine and that setting cannot be changed either.

For more information on this topic check out last week's Windows
Weekly podcast at https://twittv.com.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 S

I gather Microsoft are trying to do a google and making an operating
system
that sits mainly online like the Chrome books do, but using their
office
suite.
At the moment my only reason for mentioning it here is that as far as I
know, the only screenreader that can work on such a device will be
Narrator,
and as a heads up if anyone sees these machines about and assumes that
if
its windows it must work with nvda.
I have no idea when they will be available and thus far I've only herd
about them from two sources.
So watch out.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.















Re: WinAmp

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

The menu in winamp is on the context menu key and this is tha application key of course. You need I think, during the install to select the classic skin for it to work well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@rcn.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp



The reason I ask is because pressing alt key is not doing anything.
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp

The same way as always. It's the same program. The version of Windows doesn't matter.


I'll tell you the long way to help you learn how to find things in the program and then the short way.

Alt f, that is hold alt and type f to open the main menu. All other menus are found in the menu as well as one or two other things.
So alt f, as I said. Up arrow, it's faster, to options. Press enter.
Down arrow through the options and you'll find various things such as shuffle and repeat. Press enter on the one you want to turn it on. If you want to turn it off later, find it and press enter again.

The short cut key, which you will hear if you let your screen-reader read everything when you get to the item is s. S toggles shuffle on and off while you are in the main window. R toggles repeat on and off.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp


Got a question for you. In WinAmp if I press alt the menu open and if I use arrow down I could select whether it play in order sor huffle. How do I do so in W10?
From: Tony Ballou
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp

Hi,



Have been using it since the days of windows 95, and have had absilutely no problems with it. I'm running the latest version of windows 10 professional and the last known stable version of winamp right now and enjoying a pink floyd documentary.




tony




On 5/11/2017 9:55 AM, Георги Ламбов wrote:

Hi!

By the way are you quite sure that the recommended from you site proposes winamp? Me, I couldn't find winamp there during my walk-up in the site.




На 11.5.2017 г. в 14:31 ч., Tony Ballou написа:

hi,





Was on the original NVDA e-mail list years ago and now I'm back from the wild grins! You can also download it and a number of accessible programs which work with NVDA from www.ninite.com. once you check the boxes that correspond with the programs you want, and hit the get installer button, and when prompeted run the file, ninite will install them automatically for you. Hope this helps.




Tony








On 5/11/2017 6:59 AM, Gene wrote:

One place to get it is from this page:
http://www.whitestick.co.uk/download.html
A number of programs, including Winamp are listed there.

Winamp does work with Windows 10.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WinAmp



Does WinAmp works with NVDA and current W10? If so, where can I get it?
Holger Fiallo


Re: AVAST

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I have a feeling that the complete uninstall requires safe mode with minimal drivers loaded. Its one reason I don't like avast myself. it needs an uninstall utility to remove it completely and that itself needs to run in safe mode. Quite why it cannot do most of it in normal mode then remove the rest on the next boot up like many security programsdo eludes me.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@rcn.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 1:24 AM
Subject: [nvda] AVAST




Can not uninstall AVAST. Went to control and prgramprogram and features did uninstall but did not remove it. Went to setting, app and tab to select AVAST tab to uninstall. Still there. Help.
Holger Fiallo


Re: Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Fantasy Sports <fantasylife@...>
 

So Travis is using "object review mode", and Gene, you are using a different mode?

I'm still learning what the different modes do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: May 11, 2017 9:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

It's hard to believe because it's very inefficient.  You may hear twenty or thirty links and controls before the text actually begins.  With all the ways of using quick navigation. move by headings, skip blocks of links, using the search command, it is extremely inefficient to just let pages read. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Why is it hard to believe that I find it more efficient to read the entire web page than to waste time hunting for information that is on the screen somewhere I don't know where it is on the page? Yes, most of the time, I let it read from the top, until it gets to the content I want.  It's faster (I run the speech as fast as it will go), and all I need to do when I get hwere I want to be is to press the shift or control key depending on whether I want to resume again or not. 

On the other hand, I spend a lot of time reading, so allowing the page to autoload and read from top to bottom is exactly what's wanted, since that way I don't need to do anything to hear the text of the book.  It's the most efficient way of doing things (for me).  It only takes a few seconds to get past the header information (in most cases) and the other content I want is usually near the top of the page, though admittedly, if it's a site like paypal or shopgoodwill, I don't bother with the read to end, because there's no need for it, I just press pagedown the required number of times to get near the main content (or the area I want) and then use the arrows from there to get where I want to go.  I rarely have the need to navigate by headers or tables, or anything else, because after I've been on a site a few times, I'm already familiar with where things are, and if it's close to the top, it's faster to just let it read.


On 5/11/2017 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:
The only reason automatic reading of the sort you describe occurs is because in some instances, NVDA automatically uses read to end when something opens.  You are using read to end in all of the examples you discuss.  But are you saying you let web pages read, link after link and whatever else is at the top of pages before articles begin?  It's hard to believe.  If not when you move to what you want to read, how do you read?
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Static or not, Chrome reads pages for me when they come up, thunderbird reads new messages as they come up, winrar reads filenames when I arrow to them, the dos prompt reads automatically, the ssh client I use reads automatically as well.  The only thing that doesn't read automatically (and I suppose I could fix that if it bothered me enough) is notepad when I open txt files using notepad.  Otherwise, I never use the screen review mode unless I need to see something that already went past, and in most cases, I only use that if I need to leave the speech cursor somewhere other than the active cursor location, for times when I need to type something and don't know how to spell it without looking.  90 percent of the time, I leave NVDA in object review mode, and NVDA speaks things automatically, and if I miss something, I simply move around the screen using the cursor navigation keys to get to things without ever leaving object review mode. 


On 5/11/2017 6:26 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what would be involved in doing this.  I have long maintained that NVDA should have such a feature.  At this point, there are only specific interfaces where NVDA is set to do this, such as in the DOS prompt and evidently, in some mud programs and certain other contexts.  But the user can't control this as a general setting.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA

Thanks.

Most things such as web pages, emails, Word
documents, are static, in that the text just
appears once and you NVDA navigate to it using
the keyboard.

Theoretically, should NVDA have a mode where
it just reads everything on the page that
newly appears?

I suppose this only would apply to text games,
where text is dynamically appearing.



-----Original Message-----
>From: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...>
>Sent: May 11, 2017 1:13 AM
>To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>
>You need a plugin which supports NVDA.
>This page should get you going.
>https://allinaccess.com/mc/
>
>Download MushReader from there.
>On 5/10/2017 11:08 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>> I am using the MUSH Client, which is of course a windows
>> based client.
>>
>> You type commands in the bottom of the screen where your
>> cursor is, and the text from the MUD itself appears in
>> the window above.
>>
>> NVDA does not read anything in that MUD window as it appears,
>> and I'm not sure how you would get it to do so.
>>
>> If you're using a LINUX client, your experience is
>> probably very different, as you say.
>>
>> Perhaps you could give me advice on using NVDA with Mush
>> or other Windows clients?
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
>>> Sent: May 10, 2017 11:41 PM
>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>>>
>>> I'm a little puzzled by what you're saying here.
>>>
>>> NVDA always reads text in real time.  I don't know exactly what you're
>>> experiencing, (perhaps it's the client you're using), but I don't have
>>> to touch the nvda review mode or move the cursor around at all (unless I
>>> want to see something that already printed), everything reads just fine
>>> when it comes from the mud, no configuration of NVDA is necessary.  Now,
>>> if you're using a mud client that isn't speech friendly, I could see
>>> where you might be having trouble.  Me personally, I tend to connect to
>>> my linux box first, then use either muddle or tintin depending on what
>>> I'm connecting to, and how long I plan to be connected, since muddle is
>>> my favorite client, but it's limited on capabilities, I tend to use it
>>> only when I don'[t plan to be logged in very long.  If I'm likely to be
>>> logged in for any length of time, I'll use tintin, because it has better
>>> capabilities, though I've not actually made it as full featured as I'd
>>> like, there's still a lot of things it misses that muddle catches, but
>>> it does have a gag feature which muddle doesn't, and I've not added one
>>> yet, so I tend to use those two, and don't bother with windows clients.
>>> I've tried a few, but honestly, I've been mudding since the early 90s,
>>> and I have yet to find a windows client that works the way I want, so I
>>> tend to avoid them.  Sure, some of them are nice, especially mushZ, but
>>> when I'm playing a mud, I'm not really all that interested in full audio
>>> immersion, so I tend to stick to my command line linux-based clients and
>>> just go on and do my thing and stay out of all discussion on clients,
>>> since I'm probably the only one that ever uses muddle, and although
>>> there are folks using tintin, I don't think the total is more than a
>>> percentage point or two of all total users, so I'm definitely in the
>>> minority.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 5/10/2017 9:33 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>>>> A lot of quick reactions are required sometimes in a MUD.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a way to make it read the text in real time
>>>> as it first appears on the screen?
>>>>
>>>> Or are you manually navigating to each paragraph yourself
>>>> with the NVDA keyboard commands?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
>>>>> Sent: May 9, 2017 10:59 PM
>>>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Multi-User-Dungeons and NVDA
>>>>>
>>>>> Nothing to optimize.  NVDA reads the text coming across the screen just
>>>>> fine.  If you don't want to see everything, then use a client that has
>>>>> gag capabilities, then you can repress certain text strings, so you
>>>>> don't see them.  Most muds also have various settings you can use to cut
>>>>> down on the amount of spam you receive, especially during battle.
>>>>> Nothing special needed to mud using NVDA, it works just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 5/9/2017 10:42 PM, Fantasy Sports wrote:
>>>>>> Does anyone here play text adventures such as MUD's? (Multi User Dungeons)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If so, is there a way to optimize NVDA with a MUD Client
>>>>>> to read the text as it scrolls in the game?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you for any advice.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>




Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: DVDROM Query

Andrea Sherry
 

This     is the site I tried with the recommended action:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-dvdcd-rom-drives-missing-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/       


On 12/05/2017 3:21 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmmm the dvdrom can not dissapear.

Does the drive open and close.

Try that first.

Next boot the system with a boot disk maybe a talking windows disk and try that and see or get a sightling to boot a disk.

If you go into device manager, check the thing is there, deleting and rebooting will get it back.

But if the drive is gone, then it or its power cables are dead.

I had this happen with a network card in one of my laptops.

One day it was there, the next day it was gone.

I took the system to be serviced and they checked it, the physical card was dead.

 if this is a desktop you may be able to get it open and have a sightling reseat the cables but I bank my cash on dead cables or dead device.

If its a laptop you will have to get it serviced because normals can't fix it or get an external drive.

If its a desktop, the dvdrom drives are quite cheap.

Its just buying another and putting it in.

you will need sight to do this but I am pritty sure the device has gone to bit heaven thats all.




On 12/05/2017 4:56 p.m., Andrea Sherry wrote:
My DVDROPM has disappeared itself.

Don't know if this is appropriate place to make this query. If not would appreciate suggestion for correct plade.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system which yesterday had DVDROM showing up for reading a disc bot today not there.

Looked on Google for solution but solution which came up is involving editing registry and such which I don't feel confident to do just now.

Andrea









Re: DVDROM Query

 

Hmmm the dvdrom can not dissapear.

Does the drive open and close.

Try that first.

Next boot the system with a boot disk maybe a talking windows disk and try that and see or get a sightling to boot a disk.

If you go into device manager, check the thing is there, deleting and rebooting will get it back.

But if the drive is gone, then it or its power cables are dead.

I had this happen with a network card in one of my laptops.

One day it was there, the next day it was gone.

I took the system to be serviced and they checked it, the physical card was dead.

if this is a desktop you may be able to get it open and have a sightling reseat the cables but I bank my cash on dead cables or dead device.

If its a laptop you will have to get it serviced because normals can't fix it or get an external drive.

If its a desktop, the dvdrom drives are quite cheap.

Its just buying another and putting it in.

you will need sight to do this but I am pritty sure the device has gone to bit heaven thats all.

On 12/05/2017 4:56 p.m., Andrea Sherry wrote:
My DVDROPM has disappeared itself.

Don't know if this is appropriate place to make this query. If not would appreciate suggestion for correct plade.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system which yesterday had DVDROM showing up for reading a disc bot today not there.

Looked on Google for solution but solution which came up is involving editing registry and such which I don't feel confident to do just now.

Andrea


DVDROM Query

Andrea Sherry
 

My DVDROPM has disappeared itself.

Don't know if this is appropriate place to make this query. If not would appreciate suggestion for correct plade.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system which yesterday had DVDROM showing up for reading a disc bot today not there.

Looked on Google for solution but solution which came up is involving editing registry and such which I don't feel confident to do just now.

Andrea


Re: WinAmp

Jacob Kruger
 

The alt key, on it's own, will not operate from something like the playlist screen, but, alt + F - for no particular reason, will active the winamp menu from almost anywhere.


Stay well



Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2017-05-12 00:41, Holger Fiallo wrote:

                       
The reason I ask is because pressing alt key is not doing anything.
From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp
 
The same way as always.  It's the same program.  The version of Windows doesn't matter.
 
 
I'll tell you the long way to help you learn how to find things in the program and then the short way.
 
Alt f, that is hold alt and type f to open the main menu.  All other menus are found in the menu as well as one or two other things.
So alt f, as I said.  Up arrow, it's faster, to options.  Press enter.
Down arrow through the options and you'll find various things such as shuffle and repeat.  Press enter on the one you want to turn it on.  If you want to turn it off later, find it and press enter again.
 
The short cut key, which you will hear if you let your screen-reader read everything when you get to the item is s.  S toggles shuffle on and off while you are in the main window.  R toggles repeat on and off. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp
 
   
Got a question for you. In WinAmp if I press alt the menu open and if I use arrow down I could select whether it play in order sor huffle. How do I do so in W10? 
From: Tony Ballou
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WinAmp
 

Hi,

 

Have been using it since the days of windows 95, and have had absilutely no problems with it.  I'm running the latest version of windows 10 professional and the last known stable version of winamp right now and enjoying a pink floyd documentary. 

 

tony


On 5/11/2017 9:55 AM, Георги Ламбов wrote:

   Hi!

By the way are you quite sure that the recommended from you site proposes winamp? Me, I couldn't find winamp there during my walk-up in the site.


На 11.5.2017 г. в 14:31 ч., Tony Ballou написа:

hi, 


Was on the original NVDA e-mail list years ago and now  I'm back from the wild grins!  You can also download it and a number of accessible programs which work with NVDA from www.ninite.com.  once you check the boxes that correspond with the programs you want, and hit the get installer button, and when prompeted run the file, ninite will install them automatically for you.  Hope this helps.


Tony


 


On 5/11/2017 6:59 AM, Gene wrote:
One place to get it is from this page:
A number of programs, including Winamp are listed there.
 
Winamp does work with Windows 10.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WinAmp
 
 

Does WinAmp works with NVDA and current W10? If so, where can I get it?
Holger Fiallo





Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 07:39 pm, Shaun Everiss wrote:
over sensitive security software

I have, over time, found this to be a far bigger PITA than something being "not aggressive enough" in the opinions of some.

Most of the security software I've uninstalled over the years, some of which I had used faithfully for long periods of time, was the result of it becoming so hypervigilant that the stream of false positives was more than I, or a given client, was willing to deal with.

I prefer "set it and forget it" that protects from the vast majority of real threats but might, and only might, let a rare new threat get through to something far more aggressive but that keeps identifying as threats things that simply are not.
--
Brian

 

     The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill

 

 


Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

I used both of these and to some extent zone alarm, every request was logged, every ip, you allow something through internally, another ip change, allow more things through.

Eventually the requests got so many I was just killing the program.

It and some of these zone alarm etc generated so much junk files I had to clear them all the time and the systems I used slowed down .

On 12/05/2017 12:38 p.m., Travis Siegel wrote:
heh, I used to use tiny personal firewall as well. I haven't tried it lately, and it's likely it wouldn't work anyhow, but it was free, and free is good, especially considering how well it worked.



On 5/11/2017 5:25 PM, Pete wrote:

Hi Erik
I used to use one called tiny personal also another one was kerio personal both were usable with nvda.
Pete




Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

Which is one of my fears right there with accessability to security apps.

Ms stuff has not dropped off, and while you could say there is nothing stopping microsoft from dropping access, my fear is I update to something really cool and suddenly it becomes uncool really fast.

On 12/05/2017 3:56 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
I actually really liked eset products years ago when window-eyes was still a thing. Unfortunately accessibility of their tools has plunged into the abis.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com


On May 11, 2017 9:45:40 AM "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Eric:

Have you tried Nod32?

Kebvin Huber

On 5/11/17, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Hi Eric and Group,


I thought that there had been significant improvements for Windows 10
and Microsoft Security products: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.
In fact as concerns Windows Firewall, I had heard on the Kim Komando
show that beginning with Windows 7 that the firewall now works for both
incoming and outgoing traffic. As far as defender, that's another
matter, but i have seen postings on this list that at least by the time
of Windows 10 that it was decent enough for routine usage.



On 5/10/2017 4:26 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:

Oh, I totally get the resistance to using windows security products.
I'm glad you and yours have had no problems but microsoft firewall and
antivirus are completely transparent and volnerable. Do your
homework. Look at third party testing reports and you will see that
they don't stack up. Unfortunately that's also been my personal and
professional experience over the years. I can't stop you from relying
on microsoft, but I have to scratch my own head.

Thanks for chiming in, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On May 10, 2017 3:51:19 PM "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't quite get the resistance to using the built in Windows
Firewall and Windows Defender. Both have improved significantly over
the years.

That's what I've been using on my own, and my clients', Windows 10
systems without issue.
--
*/Brian/*

*//**/The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing
in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the
tempting moment./*

*/~ Dorothy Nevill/*
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"





.


Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

If you want a server box, I am sorry to say eric but you may be better using linux, grml or something and a command line shell with espeakup or something.

I havn't had that but even so.

Failing that, I guess if you are happy to get a subscription the eset smart suite, etc.

But if you want a cloud box, unless you are happy to use ms cloud, google and dropbox and whatever with access to major windows services, etc as your cloud well its your issue.

To be honest though, you can still be prebuilt.

sonar gnu linux based on mandriver, mandrake and arch is prebuilt and you only need a single cd image, once loaded it can be easily updated and you should be able to keep it active without to much work.

If you want a cloud net server or something, windows is probably not what you want unless you use xp or something.

The issue is that microsoft is bolting most of its services onto windows which is fine for a user but probably not for a server admin or something unless you used windows server and payed for it.

But if I was using linux as a cloud I'd use sonar gnu which is prebuilt.

If you want no actual desktop then something like vinux which is older is fine, grml is a no frills debian system, and basic talking arch is fine to.

There are mate xfce lxde, kde gnome of various types the list goes on.

Its your decision ofcause but if an online server is what you want, unless you want windows server then I wouldn't use windows.

If you did use windows, as long as it was updated and as long as you kept everything else updated then fine.

On 12/05/2017 3:52 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
Hi Shaun,

I'm purposing this box as a cloud server. I guess it doesn't strictly require windows. I could reformat and go ubuntoo. That would be substantial work to set up the way I want, but would have better remote support built in.

Windows 10 however, being preconfigured, modern, and offering everything I need except for security which I'll be bolting on. I think I can also find some command line ssh tools so I can do some tasks from my phone when away from computer, but that's extra.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com


On May 10, 2017 5:15:57 PM "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

What are you going to use this box for?

What spaciffic use will you need the box for.

Is it online or not.

If its not online I'd buy a coppy from ebay of windows 7 or xp and just
use it like that.

Or get a little linux distro, with vmware player and just vm the entire
thing with windows 10 or something.

Windows 10 is not hell it can be a bit crazy at times but well should
work well enough.




On 11/05/2017 4:07 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
Hi all, I just received a little tiny computer a la windows 10. I
have one very specific purpose for this little PC and it requires
windows, but I really don't want the hell that comes along with windows.

My first idea was to see if I could find or build an ultra-lite
windows 10 without cortana, and a whole raft of the other services I
never have any intention of using. So much work.

Now I'm thinking just get an ultra-secure software firewall, slap it
on and call it done. That and a malware bytes just in case.

I used to use look'n'stop. It hasn't been updated in a while. I'd
like to find a modern nvda accessible security equivilant package for
the cost of look'n'stop or less.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com





.





.


Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

My issue is not just accessibility, I have had over inteligent and over sensitive security software.

Without going into much more, lets just say I had a bad time for several years till I got msse.

It may lack a lot, but bar some false alarms the fact I don't have to check the system loads, deal with loads of errors 99.999999999999999% of the time are false or mean nothing, etc really means I have more time to handle things.

If I could control my software to an extent without being dictated to, controled, have my system or systems trashed, and other such things I think I'd be more ready to accept different solutions.

My other issue is that if I switch to x y and z I need x y and z to continue to work through whatever upgrades and stuff it should without x deciding to not work, and y and z to just mangle things and suddenly I am not defending my computers against hackers, I am rebuilding my computers because of the smart security software being so smart that all the time I have in my daily life or at least half of it is being used to make sure the software behaves and doesn't decide to either go on strike, get a wish to play about with my windows or make me wish I got hacked in stead.

It started with mcaffee, then avira, then norton, then avg.

And suddenly I decided I had enough.

Along came msse.

And msse works.

Now msse doesn't so much but I remember my past trials, and you know what, half of me is scared of what I will get.

ANd most of me doesn't want the drama I had before having to look over my sholder as it were.

I have had enough of over smart software, I do want to be secure but I want my software to realise that I am not a computer, I have a life and I'd really like to live it thank you vary much.

Its the crux of my issue.

Granted I may have had a hard time but surely I'm not alone.

On 12/05/2017 2:58 a.m., Brian Vogel wrote:
All I can say to people who spout the ancient line, "Microsoft's firewall and antivirus are {insert your favorite pejorative here}!," is, "Do keep up, because it's obvious you haven't."

If you want to spend time, effort, and money to buy a third party product then have at it. But don't have the temerity to criticize the informed who can tell you that calling Windows Defender and Windows Firewall under Windows 10 "inadequate" is inaccurate. The perfect is the enemy of the good, and there is no perfect security suite, antivirus, or firewall product no matter who makes it.

If accessibility is important, and it has been stated it is, then it's very hard to beat the combination of protection and accessibility offered by Microsoft's built-in solutions.
--
*Brian*


* * *The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.*

* ~ Dorothy Nevill*


Re: nvda compatible firewall?

 

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 06:58 am, Gene wrote:
And, although I don't know if Windows Defender is good enough for general use in Windows 10, it has improved recently, according to what I've read. 

The advanced settings for Windows 10 Firewall include inbound rules, outbound rules, and connection security rules that can be set independently for private networks, public networks, and domains.  Notification can be set at any or all of these levels of protection.

It's an entirely different animal from its early iterations.
--
Brian

 

     The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill

 

 


Re: Windows 10 S

 

hmmm twit tv?

I never mentioned twit tv.

digitaldarragh.com/blog

thats the site.

If you get issues by typing twittv.com then you are mistyping things because you type to fast like I do or something screws up.

Twitter and soundcloud seem to have random non connection issues for the last 2 days.

On 12/05/2017 2:00 a.m., Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi Shaun:

When I tried the link https://twittv.com, I got the message that the
website was insecure. I tried it on both Firefox and Internet
Explorer.

Kevin Huber


On 5/10/17, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
www if all of you check out www.digitaldarragh.com there is a post there
on windows 10 s and what it means to the education industry from a
service tech.

So for certain things ie schools and universities it means a lot
especially in the student environment where viruses and stuff brought in
on flash drives and the like are rampent.

For us users, I'd avoid windows 10 s unless ofcause I was doing it for
school or something.

I certainly wouldn't buy a laptop on that.

Its for lower end units, chances are if you wanted a serious unit and
were not at school if you got the entry level business units which is
where I am hitting at or business units then this will not be a problem
at all.

And even if you get an s system, chances are you can upgrade it in store
for extra stuff 50 us is not to bad for upgrade from a school unit if it
is a school unit and previding you don't need to hand it back.

However there is probably no chance a user could actually ever set up an
s system anyway.

Schools need to be registered to even set this up with a pro box first off.

Next even if you got that sort of box yourself well we will have to see.

I could see myself with an s tablet maybe for studdies etc who knows.




On 11/05/2017 12:55 a.m., George McCoy wrote:
According to Paul Thurrott at thurrott.com and Mary Joe Foley at
allaboutmicrosoft.com, if you buy a windows 10 s ;device before
January 1 2018, you can upgrade it to windows 10 pro free of charge.
After that date, you can still upgrade to pro but it will cost you $50
u.s.
Windows 10 s will not run native win32 apps. The only apps it runs
are the ones in the Microsoft app store. This means that things like
Chrome and I- tunes will not run. Also, MS Edge is the default
browser and that setting cannot be changed. Bing is the default
search engine and that setting cannot be changed either.

For more information on this topic check out last week's Windows
Weekly podcast at https://twittv.com.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 S

I gather Microsoft are trying to do a google and making an operating
system
that sits mainly online like the Chrome books do, but using their office
suite.
At the moment my only reason for mentioning it here is that as far as I
know, the only screenreader that can work on such a device will be
Narrator,
and as a heads up if anyone sees these machines about and assumes that if
its windows it must work with nvda.
I have no idea when they will be available and thus far I've only herd
about them from two sources.
So watch out.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.









.