Date   

Re: Tutorial for using the MS edge browser with NVDA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi David


From what i read is a well written tutorial from you. Just having a dig maybe should have put www.nvaccess.org instead of the other web address.



The tutorial goes through the settings  of what you hear etc.


Gene nz




On 7/7/2017 7:46 AM, David Moore wrote:

Hi all!

I am excited to paste this tutorial on using the MS Edge browser with NVDA right here in the message. I strongly welcome all feed back.

I tell you everything I heard as I used the Alt+X command, which gave me a menu a lot like the Chrome menu. I did some simple Object navigation to get to the important Hub button, which opens up a five tab dialog to work with favorites and all.

I used NVDA 2017.2, latest stable update.

I used the creators update of Win10 the latest public build.

I used the latest update of Joseph’s Win10 assentials add on.

I could access about 90 percent of what I can in crome.

This tutorial is very short, but comprehensive.

Here it is right below.

Tutorial for Microsoft Edge

I will write this tutorial using NVDA only. I found NVDA to work much better with Edge than with Narrator.

I am using the Latest stable version of NVDA 2017.2.

I am using the latest public build of Windows 10 Creators update.

If you are using anything different than that, you might get different results.

Step Number One:

Opening the Edge Browser:

Press the Windows key or CTRL+Escape, to open the start area. Next, type Edge and enter when NVDA announces it.

Press enter, and the Edge browser should open.

Step Number Two:

I pressed CTRL+L and entered:

www.freedomscientific.com

That is the site for Freedom Scientific.

The web site came up very quickly.

I can use all navigation keys for other browsers, and they all work.

Now, I will now press ALT+X to open a menu of choices. One of these choices is settings.

I will now assign a home page to open everytime I launch the Edge browser.

I will make my home page:

www.google.com

Press enter on Settings.

Next, start tabbing, and you will hear:

change my default button, Choose a theme, Next, there is a combo box where you can choose open Edge with a certain page or pages.

This is the choice I will choose in this combo box. I just entered on that choice, and the combo box closed.

Next, there is an edit box where I typed:

www.google.com

My home page is now set.

Tab again, and you can delete that home page, add button where you can enter other home pages, Open new tabs with :

This is another combo box where I choose blank page.

Tab again, and you hear import from another browser. You can import all book marks from all other browsers you use.

Show the favorites bar, mine is not checked. I do not want my favorites to show on the screen for all to see LOL!

Next, choose what to clear button. Pressing enter on this, allows you to choose where you want to clear such as browsing history, and that. You can also choose whether this should be cleared every time you close the Edge browser.

Tab, and I hear my MS email, and it is a link.

Tab, and you hear sinc your favorites and book lists. You can sink all of these across all of your devices.

I am just tabbing through the settings dialog. That is it.

Tab, and you hear sync device settings. Next, you hear advanced settings.

Go ahead and enter on the advanced settings. There is a lot you can customise here.

First, block popups, you can check or uncheck.

Next, I hear Use adobe flash player, and it is checked.

Next, open sites in apps, and it is checked.

Next, choose what sites open in apps. I am not sure what this is all about. It sounds powerfful.

Next, I hear change button, not sure what that is.

Ask me what to do with each download, and that is check for me.

Open proxy settings.

Manage button.

Learn more link.

Offer to save ppasswords, and mine is checked.

Manage passwords button.

Save form entries, and mine is checked.

Do not track requests, and mine is unchecked.

Have cortana assist me in MS Edge, and mine is checked.

Change search  engin button. I entered on that, and a combo box came up, and I chose Google, and I pressed enter. Now, Google is my default search engin instead of bing.

Show site and search suggestions as I type, and mine is unchecked. If you want suggestions as you type, checked this.

Clear bing search history link.

This allows you to do just that.

Optamise web search results using the taskbar for screen readers. Mine is checked.

Cookies combo box, mine is set to do not block.

Let sites save protective media licenses on my device, and mine is checked.

Use page prediction to speed up browsing, and mine is checked.

Help me to protect myself from malicious web sites and downloads using Windows Defender, and mine is checked.

Pin this pain button.

Next, back button.

If you change any of these advanced settings, you can tab to the back button to go back to where you were.

I entered on the back button, and I am back to the settings dialog where I was, when I pressed enter on advanced settings.

We are done with settings, and the advanced settings. You see, just by pressing enter on settings, we were able to simply tab through all of these settings, and press enter on the advanced settings, and customise Edge to your liking, just like you can in other browsers.

Settings was in the menu that comes up by pressing ALT+X. This menu of choices is a lot like the Chrome menu that you get by pressing the Alt key.

There are many choices in that ALT+X menu, that I encourage you to just arrow through, just like the Chrome menu. Important, I have to press Escape twice to get out of the settings or this menu to get back to my Freedom Scientific page that I have opened.

Now, I will use object navigation to show you how to get to the Hub.

The hub button, opens up five tabs. You can just press CTRL+Tab to tab through the choices of each of these five tabs. It is just like a multi page dialog.

Now, I will press CTRL+Home to get to the top of the Freedom Scientific web site that I have opened.

Next, I will press NVDA+Numpad 8, to go up to my parent objects.

I first hear the page I am on. Now, Pressing Numpad 6, takes me to the navigation bar. That is the only object to the right.

So, Now, hold NVDA, and press numpad 4 to go left through the objects.

You hear the page you are on, then, Next, pressing numpad 4, you hear settings and more. That is the exact menu that you get by pressing ALT+X. Pressing NVDA+Enter will open the same menu we were just in.

Important, I have to press NVDA+Enter to activate these buttons, because I am using object navigation to access these controls.

Press numpad 4 again,

I hear Share, then Make a web note, and Now, the important hub.

I will now press NVDA+Enter on this hub button, and I will get this five tab dialog I told you about.

I hear:

Favorites tab, 1 of 5. So here we are in our favorites.

If I tab twice, I can arrow up and down through my favorites. In a web site, just press CTRL+D to save a favorite.

Now, I will press CTRL+TAB to get to the next dialog.

Next, I hear reading list tab. I have nothing here. This is probably for books that you download with Edge from the store.

CTRL+TAB again:

I hear Get Books, sign in, and shop for books in the store! This is exciting.

The 4th tab, is my history. I can delete my history, and look at my history here.

The 5th and last tab, is my downloads tab. Here is where you come to view your downloads, and check on the status of a download in progress.

So, that is it for the HUB button.

I pressed Escape to get out of Hub. We are still in these parent objects. Press NVDA+Numpad 4 again from Hub, I hear Add to favorites or reading list. Very interesting about the reading list.

Next, I hear my Web Address in the Address bar.

Refresh button, back button, Show tab previews button, Still pressing NVDA+Numpad 4.

Now, New tab button, My Freedom Scientific button, and then, Set tabs aside. Lastly, show tabs you have set aside. and that is it.

So, all that I just told you about, I accessed by just pressing CTRL+Home to get to the top of my web page, Pressed NVDA+Numpad 8, then, I kept pressing Numpad 4 with NVDA key held down. The Hub, was just a five tab dialog.

All navigation commands work in Edge, just like in other Browsers. I was able to listen to the FS pod casts by pressing shift+enter on the one below the one I wanted to listen to. To listen to the first, I had to press shift+enter on the second one. That was interesting.

I always press shift+enter to have a link open in a new window, instead of a new tab. The FS casts from Freedom Scientific, played with my Adobe Flash player.

As you can see, you can do quite a bit with Edge, by using the Latest NVDA public version, and just Doing a little bit of object navigation, and the menu that opens by pressing Alt+X.

Please give me your feed back, and how much you hear what I hear when tabbing and the like.

That is all for this tutorial.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Tutorial for using the MS edge browser with NVDA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

hi david


I did not know about the alt + x shortcut or did i? that brought up a menu like that. I did do a tutorial written and i think audio on edge up on my website, but can not remember if it was done on the anniversary version of windows or the creators one, but mentioned about the speaking of letters in the location bar..


If you also go to the top of the page with ctrl and home you can then use the shift tab keys to get to the other buttons there and go into the different sections in edge.

Most of it is tabbing or shift tabbing etc to navigate the menus.


The tutorials can be found on the nvda tutorials for other programs page then jump down to the section that says about edge and the mail app which i if i remember right was by you, but would have to check.


the link to that page is http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html



Gene nz



On 7/7/2017 7:46 AM, David Moore wrote:

Hi all!

I am excited to paste this tutorial on using the MS Edge browser with NVDA right here in the message. I strongly welcome all feed back.

I tell you everything I heard as I used the Alt+X command, which gave me a menu a lot like the Chrome menu. I did some simple Object navigation to get to the important Hub button, which opens up a five tab dialog to work with favorites and all.

I used NVDA 2017.2, latest stable update.

I used the creators update of Win10 the latest public build.

I used the latest update of Joseph’s Win10 assentials add on.

I could access about 90 percent of what I can in crome.

This tutorial is very short, but comprehensive.

Here it is right below.

Tutorial for Microsoft Edge

I will write this tutorial using NVDA only. I found NVDA to work much better with Edge than with Narrator.

I am using the Latest stable version of NVDA 2017.2.

I am using the latest public build of Windows 10 Creators update.

If you are using anything different than that, you might get different results.

Step Number One:

Opening the Edge Browser:

Press the Windows key or CTRL+Escape, to open the start area. Next, type Edge and enter when NVDA announces it.

Press enter, and the Edge browser should open.

Step Number Two:

I pressed CTRL+L and entered:

www.freedomscientific.com

That is the site for Freedom Scientific.

The web site came up very quickly.

I can use all navigation keys for other browsers, and they all work.

Now, I will now press ALT+X to open a menu of choices. One of these choices is settings.

I will now assign a home page to open everytime I launch the Edge browser.

I will make my home page:

www.google.com

Press enter on Settings.

Next, start tabbing, and you will hear:

change my default button, Choose a theme, Next, there is a combo box where you can choose open Edge with a certain page or pages.

This is the choice I will choose in this combo box. I just entered on that choice, and the combo box closed.

Next, there is an edit box where I typed:

www.google.com

My home page is now set.

Tab again, and you can delete that home page, add button where you can enter other home pages, Open new tabs with :

This is another combo box where I choose blank page.

Tab again, and you hear import from another browser. You can import all book marks from all other browsers you use.

Show the favorites bar, mine is not checked. I do not want my favorites to show on the screen for all to see LOL!

Next, choose what to clear button. Pressing enter on this, allows you to choose where you want to clear such as browsing history, and that. You can also choose whether this should be cleared every time you close the Edge browser.

Tab, and I hear my MS email, and it is a link.

Tab, and you hear sinc your favorites and book lists. You can sink all of these across all of your devices.

I am just tabbing through the settings dialog. That is it.

Tab, and you hear sync device settings. Next, you hear advanced settings.

Go ahead and enter on the advanced settings. There is a lot you can customise here.

First, block popups, you can check or uncheck.

Next, I hear Use adobe flash player, and it is checked.

Next, open sites in apps, and it is checked.

Next, choose what sites open in apps. I am not sure what this is all about. It sounds powerfful.

Next, I hear change button, not sure what that is.

Ask me what to do with each download, and that is check for me.

Open proxy settings.

Manage button.

Learn more link.

Offer to save ppasswords, and mine is checked.

Manage passwords button.

Save form entries, and mine is checked.

Do not track requests, and mine is unchecked.

Have cortana assist me in MS Edge, and mine is checked.

Change search  engin button. I entered on that, and a combo box came up, and I chose Google, and I pressed enter. Now, Google is my default search engin instead of bing.

Show site and search suggestions as I type, and mine is unchecked. If you want suggestions as you type, checked this.

Clear bing search history link.

This allows you to do just that.

Optamise web search results using the taskbar for screen readers. Mine is checked.

Cookies combo box, mine is set to do not block.

Let sites save protective media licenses on my device, and mine is checked.

Use page prediction to speed up browsing, and mine is checked.

Help me to protect myself from malicious web sites and downloads using Windows Defender, and mine is checked.

Pin this pain button.

Next, back button.

If you change any of these advanced settings, you can tab to the back button to go back to where you were.

I entered on the back button, and I am back to the settings dialog where I was, when I pressed enter on advanced settings.

We are done with settings, and the advanced settings. You see, just by pressing enter on settings, we were able to simply tab through all of these settings, and press enter on the advanced settings, and customise Edge to your liking, just like you can in other browsers.

Settings was in the menu that comes up by pressing ALT+X. This menu of choices is a lot like the Chrome menu that you get by pressing the Alt key.

There are many choices in that ALT+X menu, that I encourage you to just arrow through, just like the Chrome menu. Important, I have to press Escape twice to get out of the settings or this menu to get back to my Freedom Scientific page that I have opened.

Now, I will use object navigation to show you how to get to the Hub.

The hub button, opens up five tabs. You can just press CTRL+Tab to tab through the choices of each of these five tabs. It is just like a multi page dialog.

Now, I will press CTRL+Home to get to the top of the Freedom Scientific web site that I have opened.

Next, I will press NVDA+Numpad 8, to go up to my parent objects.

I first hear the page I am on. Now, Pressing Numpad 6, takes me to the navigation bar. That is the only object to the right.

So, Now, hold NVDA, and press numpad 4 to go left through the objects.

You hear the page you are on, then, Next, pressing numpad 4, you hear settings and more. That is the exact menu that you get by pressing ALT+X. Pressing NVDA+Enter will open the same menu we were just in.

Important, I have to press NVDA+Enter to activate these buttons, because I am using object navigation to access these controls.

Press numpad 4 again,

I hear Share, then Make a web note, and Now, the important hub.

I will now press NVDA+Enter on this hub button, and I will get this five tab dialog I told you about.

I hear:

Favorites tab, 1 of 5. So here we are in our favorites.

If I tab twice, I can arrow up and down through my favorites. In a web site, just press CTRL+D to save a favorite.

Now, I will press CTRL+TAB to get to the next dialog.

Next, I hear reading list tab. I have nothing here. This is probably for books that you download with Edge from the store.

CTRL+TAB again:

I hear Get Books, sign in, and shop for books in the store! This is exciting.

The 4th tab, is my history. I can delete my history, and look at my history here.

The 5th and last tab, is my downloads tab. Here is where you come to view your downloads, and check on the status of a download in progress.

So, that is it for the HUB button.

I pressed Escape to get out of Hub. We are still in these parent objects. Press NVDA+Numpad 4 again from Hub, I hear Add to favorites or reading list. Very interesting about the reading list.

Next, I hear my Web Address in the Address bar.

Refresh button, back button, Show tab previews button, Still pressing NVDA+Numpad 4.

Now, New tab button, My Freedom Scientific button, and then, Set tabs aside. Lastly, show tabs you have set aside. and that is it.

So, all that I just told you about, I accessed by just pressing CTRL+Home to get to the top of my web page, Pressed NVDA+Numpad 8, then, I kept pressing Numpad 4 with NVDA key held down. The Hub, was just a five tab dialog.

All navigation commands work in Edge, just like in other Browsers. I was able to listen to the FS pod casts by pressing shift+enter on the one below the one I wanted to listen to. To listen to the first, I had to press shift+enter on the second one. That was interesting.

I always press shift+enter to have a link open in a new window, instead of a new tab. The FS casts from Freedom Scientific, played with my Adobe Flash player.

As you can see, you can do quite a bit with Edge, by using the Latest NVDA public version, and just Doing a little bit of object navigation, and the menu that opens by pressing Alt+X.

Please give me your feed back, and how much you hear what I hear when tabbing and the like.

That is all for this tutorial.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: can't fix a rule error in outlook

Arlene
 

Yes you can. I'm using outlook 2010. I can move messages that ended up in my
junk folder to the inbox. I have all my messages go to the inbox. I never
properly learned how to create rules using outlook 2010.I just let all the
messages go to the inbox.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Antony
Stone
Sent: July-06-17 10:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't fix a rule error in outlook

I don't believe it's possible to move messages into the inbox.

It's where new messages arrive, and messages can be moved from the inbox
into other folders, but I don't think you're allowed to put them into the
inbox other than by downloading them from your mail server.


Antony.

On Thursday 06 July 2017 at 19:05:13, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi Rosemarie,


Is there any other information in the error message? This is way too
vague for both of us.


Tony

On 7/1/2017 7:08 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the
messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move
them outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How
do I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie
--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

- murble

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC
me.


Re: NVDA with Oracle PL SQL Developer

Lucas ROBINETT <robinettl@...>
 

Hi Chris. Yeah, no reference to JAB either way in the NVDA log. Thanks

On Jul 6, 2017, at 1:59 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Luke
Is NVDA picking up the 32-bit JAB OK? You can check by looking at the log
file, check through the messages up to where it says 'NVDA initialized' and
if you don't se anything about JAB could not be found, then it's OK.

Cheers
Chris


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lucas
ROBINETT
Sent: 6 July 2017 20:02
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with Oracle PL SQL Developer

Hello,
Longtime NVDA user but brand new to this group, so thanks for having me. I
cannot get NVDA to work properly with PL SQL Developer. I consulted Oracle's
accessibility page for the app and it states it should be fully accessible
provided Java AccessBridge is installed and enabled. I'm on Win 10, have
the latest versions of both the 32- and 64-bit JRE installed. jAB appears to
be installed correctly and enabled for both versions of the JRE. I followed
the directions I found in the message archive for this group for enabling
JAB and believe all files are where they should be on the system. Other Java
apps are working fine.
In PL, some GUI items are announced but none of the menus nor any of their
sub menus are announced. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Luke







Re: NVDA with Oracle PL SQL Developer

Chris Mullins
 

Hi Luke
Is NVDA picking up the 32-bit JAB OK? You can check by looking at the log
file, check through the messages up to where it says 'NVDA initialized' and
if you don't se anything about JAB could not be found, then it's OK.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lucas
ROBINETT
Sent: 6 July 2017 20:02
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with Oracle PL SQL Developer

Hello,
Longtime NVDA user but brand new to this group, so thanks for having me. I
cannot get NVDA to work properly with PL SQL Developer. I consulted Oracle's
accessibility page for the app and it states it should be fully accessible
provided Java AccessBridge is installed and enabled. I'm on Win 10, have
the latest versions of both the 32- and 64-bit JRE installed. jAB appears to
be installed correctly and enabled for both versions of the JRE. I followed
the directions I found in the message archive for this group for enabling
JAB and believe all files are where they should be on the system. Other Java
apps are working fine.
In PL, some GUI items are announced but none of the menus nor any of their
sub menus are announced. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Luke


Re: multi language synthesizer recommendations

Sally Kiebdaj
 

That is really good to hear, thank you!



Does anyone have comments on pros and cons of buying from nuance instead of code factory?

I feel like there must be some information I'm missing to justify the price difference. Also, the code factory product has 3 activation and the nuance one doesn't mention anything like this.

Thoughts?
Sally

On 7/6/2017 4:44 PM, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:
Hi Sally,

as a Window-Eyes user I also missed this app to switch synths in NVDA. The
good new is they have a addon for that, called Switch synth and works almost
the same as the one in WE, but without a interface.
You can download it on the addons page of NVDA, I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,
Ralf
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sally
Kiebdaj
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Juli 2017 22:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] multi language synthesizer recommendations

Good afternoon,


Thanks for these two recommendations.


The vocalizer only option is significantly more expensive. What is the
advantage of buying this instead of the code factory bundle?


Also, how do I change synthesizer languages on the fly: without having
to go into the voice menu?


In window-Eyes there was an add on that allowed you to put voices of any
language, synthesizer, or quality on a rotter and then switch within
that rotter with a single key stroke. This made reading bilingual
textbooks manageable.


I'm happy to restrict myself to a single synthesizer as long as I have
quick and easy language toggling.


Thanks again for insight!

Sally


On 6/6/2017 7:40 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Vocalizer for NVDA
www.vocalizer-nvda.com

Rui Fontes

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Edward Green
Data: 6 de junho de 2017 21:32
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] multi language synthesizer recommendations

Hi Sally,

Take a look at http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Both the synthetic Eloquence and the more (though not really)
human-sounding Vocaliser Expressive bundled in the add-on come with
English, Spanish and German.

Cheers,

Ed


On 6 Jun 2017, at 20:15, Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@gmail.com> wrote:


Good afternoon list,

Would you kindly save me some research time by recommending the best
high quality synthesizer license options for English, German, and
perhaps Spanish?

I'd like to make a single purchase and get all three languages.

Which synthesizers have this kind of option?

Alternatively, are there viable multi-lingual voices I should check out?

Thank you,
Sally











Re: download window google chrome?

Chris Mullins
 

By "This window thing" I take it you mean the File Save As window which allows you to set the location and filename of your download before either pressing enter on the Save or cancel button. If so, I agree there is an issue here in that after pressing either Save or Cancel buttonin in this dialog, the page from which the download was invoked is reported as being the current window using NVDA+t but it cannot be browsed. After pressing f5 to refresh the page, browsing can resume.

In Chrome there is a setting which will stop this dialog appearing. Load Chrome and Press NVDA followed by spacebar followed by s to load the Settings page. Then press Control+End to go to the bottom of the page where you land on the 'Advanced' button. Press enter to expand the advanced features then use h key a few times to jump down to the 'Downloads' section. Here you will find the default download location for Chrome and a toggle switch entitled 'Ask where to save each file before downloading'. Uncheck this toggle then press Control+f4 to exit settings. Downloads will now just work in the background without presenting the Save As dialog.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt Turner
Sent: 6 July 2017 17:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] download window google chrome?

Hi folks.

Every time i download something with chrome, this window thing pops up, and i have to reload the page to see any other stuff i might want to download.

Its driving me nuts.


Re: multi language synthesizer recommendations

Ralf Kefferpuetz
 

Hi Sally,

as a Window-Eyes user I also missed this app to switch synths in NVDA. The
good new is they have a addon for that, called Switch synth and works almost
the same as the one in WE, but without a interface.
You can download it on the addons page of NVDA, I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,
Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sally
Kiebdaj
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Juli 2017 22:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] multi language synthesizer recommendations

Good afternoon,


Thanks for these two recommendations.


The vocalizer only option is significantly more expensive. What is the
advantage of buying this instead of the code factory bundle?


Also, how do I change synthesizer languages on the fly: without having
to go into the voice menu?


In window-Eyes there was an add on that allowed you to put voices of any
language, synthesizer, or quality on a rotter and then switch within
that rotter with a single key stroke. This made reading bilingual
textbooks manageable.


I'm happy to restrict myself to a single synthesizer as long as I have
quick and easy language toggling.


Thanks again for insight!

Sally


On 6/6/2017 7:40 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Vocalizer for NVDA
www.vocalizer-nvda.com

Rui Fontes

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Edward Green
Data: 6 de junho de 2017 21:32
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] multi language synthesizer recommendations

Hi Sally,

Take a look at http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Both the synthetic Eloquence and the more (though not really)
human-sounding Vocaliser Expressive bundled in the add-on come with
English, Spanish and German.

Cheers,

Ed


On 6 Jun 2017, at 20:15, Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@gmail.com> wrote:


Good afternoon list,

Would you kindly save me some research time by recommending the best
high quality synthesizer license options for English, German, and
perhaps Spanish?

I'd like to make a single purchase and get all three languages.

Which synthesizers have this kind of option?

Alternatively, are there viable multi-lingual voices I should check out?

Thank you,
Sally







Re: multi language synthesizer recommendations

Sally Kiebdaj
 

Good afternoon,


Thanks for these two recommendations.


The vocalizer only option is significantly more expensive. What is the advantage of buying this instead of the code factory bundle?


Also, how do I change synthesizer languages on the fly: without having to go into the voice menu?


In window-Eyes there was an add on that allowed you to put voices of any language, synthesizer, or quality on a rotter and then switch within that rotter with a single key stroke. This made reading bilingual textbooks manageable.


I'm happy to restrict myself to a single synthesizer as long as I have quick and easy language toggling.


Thanks again for insight!

Sally

On 6/6/2017 7:40 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Vocalizer for NVDA
www.vocalizer-nvda.com

Rui Fontes

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Edward Green
Data: 6 de junho de 2017 21:32
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] multi language synthesizer recommendations

Hi Sally,

Take a look at http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/voices-for-nvda/

Both the synthetic Eloquence and the more (though not really) human-sounding Vocaliser Expressive bundled in the add-on come with English, Spanish and German.

Cheers,

Ed


On 6 Jun 2017, at 20:15, Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@gmail.com> wrote:


Good afternoon list,

Would you kindly save me some research time by recommending the best high quality synthesizer license options for English, German, and perhaps Spanish?

I'd like to make a single purchase and get all three languages.

Which synthesizers have this kind of option?

Alternatively, are there viable multi-lingual voices I should check out?

Thank you,
Sally






Tutorial for using the MS edge browser with NVDA

David Moore
 

Hi all!

I am excited to paste this tutorial on using the MS Edge browser with NVDA right here in the message. I strongly welcome all feed back.

I tell you everything I heard as I used the Alt+X command, which gave me a menu a lot like the Chrome menu. I did some simple Object navigation to get to the important Hub button, which opens up a five tab dialog to work with favorites and all.

I used NVDA 2017.2, latest stable update.

I used the creators update of Win10 the latest public build.

I used the latest update of Joseph’s Win10 assentials add on.

I could access about 90 percent of what I can in crome.

This tutorial is very short, but comprehensive.

Here it is right below.

Tutorial for Microsoft Edge

I will write this tutorial using NVDA only. I found NVDA to work much better with Edge than with Narrator.

I am using the Latest stable version of NVDA 2017.2.

I am using the latest public build of Windows 10 Creators update.

If you are using anything different than that, you might get different results.

Step Number One:

Opening the Edge Browser:

Press the Windows key or CTRL+Escape, to open the start area. Next, type Edge and enter when NVDA announces it.

Press enter, and the Edge browser should open.

Step Number Two:

I pressed CTRL+L and entered:

www.freedomscientific.com

That is the site for Freedom Scientific.

The web site came up very quickly.

I can use all navigation keys for other browsers, and they all work.

Now, I will now press ALT+X to open a menu of choices. One of these choices is settings.

I will now assign a home page to open everytime I launch the Edge browser.

I will make my home page:

www.google.com

Press enter on Settings.

Next, start tabbing, and you will hear:

change my default button, Choose a theme, Next, there is a combo box where you can choose open Edge with a certain page or pages.

This is the choice I will choose in this combo box. I just entered on that choice, and the combo box closed.

Next, there is an edit box where I typed:

www.google.com

My home page is now set.

Tab again, and you can delete that home page, add button where you can enter other home pages, Open new tabs with :

This is another combo box where I choose blank page.

Tab again, and you hear import from another browser. You can import all book marks from all other browsers you use.

Show the favorites bar, mine is not checked. I do not want my favorites to show on the screen for all to see LOL!

Next, choose what to clear button. Pressing enter on this, allows you to choose where you want to clear such as browsing history, and that. You can also choose whether this should be cleared every time you close the Edge browser.

Tab, and I hear my MS email, and it is a link.

Tab, and you hear sinc your favorites and book lists. You can sink all of these across all of your devices.

I am just tabbing through the settings dialog. That is it.

Tab, and you hear sync device settings. Next, you hear advanced settings.

Go ahead and enter on the advanced settings. There is a lot you can customise here.

First, block popups, you can check or uncheck.

Next, I hear Use adobe flash player, and it is checked.

Next, open sites in apps, and it is checked.

Next, choose what sites open in apps. I am not sure what this is all about. It sounds powerfful.

Next, I hear change button, not sure what that is.

Ask me what to do with each download, and that is check for me.

Open proxy settings.

Manage button.

Learn more link.

Offer to save ppasswords, and mine is checked.

Manage passwords button.

Save form entries, and mine is checked.

Do not track requests, and mine is unchecked.

Have cortana assist me in MS Edge, and mine is checked.

Change search  engin button. I entered on that, and a combo box came up, and I chose Google, and I pressed enter. Now, Google is my default search engin instead of bing.

Show site and search suggestions as I type, and mine is unchecked. If you want suggestions as you type, checked this.

Clear bing search history link.

This allows you to do just that.

Optamise web search results using the taskbar for screen readers. Mine is checked.

Cookies combo box, mine is set to do not block.

Let sites save protective media licenses on my device, and mine is checked.

Use page prediction to speed up browsing, and mine is checked.

Help me to protect myself from malicious web sites and downloads using Windows Defender, and mine is checked.

Pin this pain button.

Next, back button.

If you change any of these advanced settings, you can tab to the back button to go back to where you were.

I entered on the back button, and I am back to the settings dialog where I was, when I pressed enter on advanced settings.

We are done with settings, and the advanced settings. You see, just by pressing enter on settings, we were able to simply tab through all of these settings, and press enter on the advanced settings, and customise Edge to your liking, just like you can in other browsers.

Settings was in the menu that comes up by pressing ALT+X. This menu of choices is a lot like the Chrome menu that you get by pressing the Alt key.

There are many choices in that ALT+X menu, that I encourage you to just arrow through, just like the Chrome menu. Important, I have to press Escape twice to get out of the settings or this menu to get back to my Freedom Scientific page that I have opened.

Now, I will use object navigation to show you how to get to the Hub.

The hub button, opens up five tabs. You can just press CTRL+Tab to tab through the choices of each of these five tabs. It is just like a multi page dialog.

Now, I will press CTRL+Home to get to the top of the Freedom Scientific web site that I have opened.

Next, I will press NVDA+Numpad 8, to go up to my parent objects.

I first hear the page I am on. Now, Pressing Numpad 6, takes me to the navigation bar. That is the only object to the right.

So, Now, hold NVDA, and press numpad 4 to go left through the objects.

You hear the page you are on, then, Next, pressing numpad 4, you hear settings and more. That is the exact menu that you get by pressing ALT+X. Pressing NVDA+Enter will open the same menu we were just in.

Important, I have to press NVDA+Enter to activate these buttons, because I am using object navigation to access these controls.

Press numpad 4 again,

I hear Share, then Make a web note, and Now, the important hub.

I will now press NVDA+Enter on this hub button, and I will get this five tab dialog I told you about.

I hear:

Favorites tab, 1 of 5. So here we are in our favorites.

If I tab twice, I can arrow up and down through my favorites. In a web site, just press CTRL+D to save a favorite.

Now, I will press CTRL+TAB to get to the next dialog.

Next, I hear reading list tab. I have nothing here. This is probably for books that you download with Edge from the store.

CTRL+TAB again:

I hear Get Books, sign in, and shop for books in the store! This is exciting.

The 4th tab, is my history. I can delete my history, and look at my history here.

The 5th and last tab, is my downloads tab. Here is where you come to view your downloads, and check on the status of a download in progress.

So, that is it for the HUB button.

I pressed Escape to get out of Hub. We are still in these parent objects. Press NVDA+Numpad 4 again from Hub, I hear Add to favorites or reading list. Very interesting about the reading list.

Next, I hear my Web Address in the Address bar.

Refresh button, back button, Show tab previews button, Still pressing NVDA+Numpad 4.

Now, New tab button, My Freedom Scientific button, and then, Set tabs aside. Lastly, show tabs you have set aside. and that is it.

So, all that I just told you about, I accessed by just pressing CTRL+Home to get to the top of my web page, Pressed NVDA+Numpad 8, then, I kept pressing Numpad 4 with NVDA key held down. The Hub, was just a five tab dialog.

All navigation commands work in Edge, just like in other Browsers. I was able to listen to the FS pod casts by pressing shift+enter on the one below the one I wanted to listen to. To listen to the first, I had to press shift+enter on the second one. That was interesting.

I always press shift+enter to have a link open in a new window, instead of a new tab. The FS casts from Freedom Scientific, played with my Adobe Flash player.

As you can see, you can do quite a bit with Edge, by using the Latest NVDA public version, and just Doing a little bit of object navigation, and the menu that opens by pressing Alt+X.

Please give me your feed back, and how much you hear what I hear when tabbing and the like.

That is all for this tutorial.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Popup Messages

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>
 

Brilliant, thanks very much indeed.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Popup Messages

 

Presuming you mean the various toasts that Microsoft presents when you do things like plugging in a device or when a Windows Defender scan completes and it wants to tell you what it did/didn't find, etc., the easiest way to review those that have come up that you didn't immediately focus on is to open the Windows 10 Action Center.  This can be done using WinKey+A

All of the Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts can be found here:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts 
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

     The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.  But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

            Niels Bohr

 

 



********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail


NVDA with Oracle PL SQL Developer

Lucas ROBINETT <robinettl@...>
 

Hello,
Longtime NVDA user but brand new to this group, so thanks for having me. I cannot get NVDA to work properly with PL SQL Developer. I consulted Oracle's accessibility page for the app and it states it should be fully accessible provided Java AccessBridge is installed and enabled. I'm on Win 10, have the latest versions of both the 32- and 64-bit JRE installed. jAB appears to be installed correctly and enabled for both versions of the JRE. I followed the directions I found in the message archive for this group for enabling JAB and believe all files are where they should be on the system. Other Java apps are working fine.
In PL, some GUI items are announced but none of the menus nor any of their sub menus are announced. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Luke


Re: NVDA not announcing paste or copy when using control-C or control-V

Dejan Ristic
 

An add-on called Clipspeak may satisfy your wishes.


https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html
On 7/5/2017 4:53 PM, Gene wrote:
NVDA doesn't announce copy and paste except when in browse mode.  There is an add on that announces copy and paste, but it doesn't actually announce this because the operations have been performed.  It is equivalent to a key label and only confirms that the correct keys have been pressed.  Therefore, you may hear copy and paste when the operation was not performed. 
 
For small amounts of text, you can check to see if copying occurred by using the command NVDA key c, which will read small amounts of text on the clipboard.  It's something like up to five hundred characters.  For larger amounts, you will hear an announcement about how many characters were copied but it won't be read.  The feature tells you nothing about what has been copied if you are copying files or folders to the clipboard.  it says, "No text on clipboard."
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:34 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not announcing paste or copy when using control-C or control-V

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not. Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences?  I thought I’d went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.



Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: can't fix a rule error in outlook

Antony Stone
 

I don't believe it's possible to move messages into the inbox.

It's where new messages arrive, and messages can be moved from the inbox into
other folders, but I don't think you're allowed to put them into the inbox
other than by downloading them from your mail server.


Antony.

On Thursday 06 July 2017 at 19:05:13, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi Rosemarie,


Is there any other information in the error message? This is way too vague
for both of us.


Tony

On 7/1/2017 7:08 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the
messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move them
outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How do I fix
this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie
--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

- murble

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: can't fix a rule error in outlook

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Rosemarie, 


Is there any other information in the error message? This is way too vague for both of us.


Tony


On 7/1/2017 7:08 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move them outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How do I fix this?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 



Re: download window google chrome?

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>
 

Matt,

Can you tab to the link, hit the context menu, arrow down to "save link", hit enter, and you will have a window with the filename and target directory. Then hit save and this window will go away.


Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher@swbell.net

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt Turner
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 11:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] download window google chrome?

Hi folks.

Every time i download something with chrome, this window thing pops up, and i have to reload the page to see any other stuff i might want to download.

Its driving me nuts.


Re: having trouble reading messages in thunderbird

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Rosemarie,


Lol! I guess you do use it! I've had that happen to me a time or two,
and the only way I was able to straighten that one out is to hit
control-tab key to move between the panes that are in there. Thunder
enables you to interact with it and the web at the same time. It's a
matter of using the control-tab keystroke to move between the sections.
I stumbled across it totally by accident when I couldn't access my inbox.


Tony

On 6/30/2017 5:04 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyonwe,


I don't know what's going on in thunderbird but when I hit enter on a
message, all I get is "message document". What could be going on?


Thanks for your help in aadvance.


Rosemarie






download window google chrome?

Matt Turner
 

Hi folks.

Every time i download something with chrome, this window thing pops up, and i have to reload the page to see any other stuff i might want to download.

Its driving me nuts.


Re: how do I download messages from the imap server?

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Rosemarie,


Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I was suppose to get back to you
last Friday night; however, I got stopped in my tracks by a nasty bout
of tonsillitis. I think I'm on the end of it now. I use Mozilla
Thunderbird as a substitute email client for whenever outlook goes on
the fritz. It holds its end of the bargain pretty well. Have you tried
that one? There's also an email program in the Mozilla sea monkey
internet suite, and I think there's a program out there call P M mail.
I've never used the latter. Hope this helps, and my apologies again for
not getting back sooner.


Tony

On 6/30/2017 4:40 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Tony,

Outlook just isn't working for me. I tried what you suggested and it
didn't work. I'm using windows live mail to write this message. I
think I'm gonna ditch outlook and stay with windows live as long as I
can. Can you recommend another program if windows live doesn't work
anymore?

Thanks.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message----- From: Tony Ballou
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 1:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do I download messages from the imap server?

Hi Rosemarie,


It helps Absolutely! I've been doing some checking, and I believe this
will work. Go to the system tray and from there arrow over to the
speakers button. Once there press the context menu button and arrow
down to the sounds option and press enter on that.


If you've ever been in the sound schemes tree view, you will recognize
it. From here, you can tab over to the list of sound events to see if
the mil notification sound is active or not. if it's not, you can assign
the windows default sound to play, or browse for the sound of your
choice. If the default sound is there, you can test it to see if it
works, and if so, apply it. If it doesn't function properly, try to
reassign it. If that doesn't work, test out a sound of your choice. If
you have a sound library of custom sounds, use one of those. Hopefully
this helps. I'm going to be on the road for the holiday, but I will
check in later to see how things are going.


Tony





On 6/30/2017 3:48 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Tony,

I'm running the windows 10 creators update and the latest version of
NVDA. Hope this helps.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message----- From: Tony Ballou
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 11:16 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do I download messages from the imap server?

Hi Rosemarie,


Oh dear. Let's see if we can figure things out and get them back to
being peachy. What operating system are you using? I have to know this
before I devise a plan of attack. I have windows 10 running on both my
systems just to be fair. Kind of like that game you show me yours, I'll
show you mine



Tony

On 6/30/2017 1:54 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Tony,

I lost the sound in outlook so I'm using the gmail site to write this
message. I don't know how to get the mail notification sound back. I
think what happened was when I set up message rules, the sound went
away so now I have everything going to the inbox.

Rosemarie



On 6/29/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Rosemarie,


Ok, That's great. They know their stuff. I use them to help me in
sticky
situations.


Tony

On 6/29/2017 11:11 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Tony,

I'm using outlook but the microsoft disability line person helped me
set it
up.

Thanks.

Rosemarie



From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do I download messages from the imap server?


Hi Rosemarie,



Which email client are you working in. Don't want to give you the
wrong
advice here.



Tony
On 6/29/2017 12:08 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

How do I download message from the imap server?

Thanks.

Rosemarie
















Re: Popup Messages

 

Presuming you mean the various toasts that Microsoft presents when you do things like plugging in a device or when a Windows Defender scan completes and it wants to tell you what it did/didn't find, etc., the easiest way to review those that have come up that you didn't immediately focus on is to open the Windows 10 Action Center.  This can be done using WinKey+A

All of the Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts can be found here:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts 
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

     The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.  But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

            Niels Bohr