Date   

Re: winamp book markers?

 

Hello no this was a spasific jaws feature with winamp
thanks
Hank

On 4/15/2016 8:38 PM, Laughingthunder wrote:
Not that I know of. Are you referring to functionality that's built into WinAmp, but is just not accessible with NVDA?

On 4/15/2016 10:32 PM, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:
Hello when listening to a file in winamp is there a nvda add on that
would allow me to book mark a file to go back to it at at a later time
like there is in jaws?
thanks
Hank



Re: winamp book markers?

Laughing Thunder
 

Not that I know of. Are you referring to functionality that's built into WinAmp, but is just not accessible with NVDA?

On 4/15/2016 10:32 PM, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:
Hello when listening to a file in winamp is there a nvda add on that
would allow me to book mark a file to go back to it at at a later time
like there is in jaws?
thanks
Hank


winamp book markers?

 

Hello when listening to a file in winamp is there a nvda add on that would allow me to book mark a file to go back to it at at a later time like there is in jaws?
thanks
Hank


Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.04 now available

 

Hi,
This is a stable version.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Pinto [mailto:austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 8:17 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.04 now available

should i get the stable addon or is this still a dev addon

On 4/16/16, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi NVDA users,

I'm delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App
Essentials add-on 16.04. This version includes a small fix for those
using latest Windows Insider builds when it comes to using the new
Alarms and Clock interface.

The add-on can be found at:

http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph


--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


Re: Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.04 now available

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>
 

should i get the stable addon or is this still a dev addon

On 4/16/16, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi NVDA users,

I'm delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App
Essentials
add-on 16.04. This version includes a small fix for those using latest
Windows Insider builds when it comes to using the new Alarms and Clock
interface.

The add-on can be found at:

http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph

--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Andrea Sherry
 

I have this installed and found that over the past several days it failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway@...> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?













--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad


Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Life My Way
 

strange because I can not get that one to work either.

On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@icloud.com> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?



Re: best torrent client?

Jeffrey Shockley
 

Hi,

Best option for installing Utorrent is to turn off your Wi-Fi or whatever you use to access the Internet while you install Utorrent. This way, you don't have to worry about all the toolbars and such being installed. This option also works for other programs such as cCleaner.

For getting rid of ads in uTorrent, follow the instructions posted at the link below. Then, restart the program once done. :)

http://bitsnapper.com/disable-ads-from-utorrent/

Hope this helps,

Jeffrey


On 4/15/2016 8:12 PM, Andre Fisher wro te:

uTorrent is an option. Of course it does have addware. Meanwhile, Free
Download Manager is also accessible but I find it intrusive with the
operations of the web browser of my choice.

On 4/15/16, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
hi
i just got a new computer. What is the best torrent client to use with
NVDA? the most accessible?


--
Ice Hockey is fun to watch on TV





Re: best torrent client?

Andre Fisher
 

uTorrent is an option. Of course it does have addware. Meanwhile, Free
Download Manager is also accessible but I find it intrusive with the
operations of the web browser of my choice.

On 4/15/16, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@gmail.com> wrote:
hi
i just got a new computer. What is the best torrent client to use with
NVDA? the most accessible?


--
Ice Hockey is fun to watch on TV





best torrent client?

Josh Kennedy
 

hi
i just got a new computer. What is the best torrent client to use with NVDA? the most accessible?


--
Ice Hockey is fun to watch on TV


Re: Reading Google Drive for Desktop settings and upload status with NVDA

David Moore
 

Hi,
You can check the status on your Google Drive up loads by pressing windows+B to get to your notification area, and then down arrow until you hear the status of your up loads. NVDA will tell you how much has up loaded to Google Drive, and how much is left. Take care.
 
 

From: Kevin Chao
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Google Drive for Desktop settings and upload status with NVDA
 
Neither are possible, sorry...
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:38 PM Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...> wrote:
Hello,
How can I read the Google Drive for Desktop settings using NVDA?
Also, does anyone know how to check the status of uploading to Google Drive? I like to use Google Drive as if it was Dropbox.
Thanks,


Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.04 now available

 

Hi NVDA users,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.04. This version includes a small fix for those using latest Windows Insider builds when it comes to using the new Alarms and Clock interface.

The add-on can be found at:

http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Thanks very much. I'll check this out.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhavya shah [mailto:bhavya.shah125@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:08 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Hi Rosemary,
You may find the Basic Training for NVDA ebook sample at http://www.nvaccess.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Sample-of-Basic-Training-for-NVDA-2016-04-13.html
Thanks.

On 4/15/16, erik burggraaf <erik@erik-burggraaf.com> wrote:
Hi, According to http://www.xe.com/ucc <http://www.xe.com/ucc> the
universal currrency converter, 30 australian dollars equals $23.08 US.
Of course your bank will charge it's commission on top of that, so
rates may vary .

Best,

Erik Burggraaf


On Apr 14, 2016, at 8:40 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria
<knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi, David,

I wonder how much the book's price would be in American dollars. I
want to read a sample of the book too.

Rosemarie



On 4/14/2016 3:27 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi all,
Wow, I just read the sample of the book, and I decided to buy the
book. I am so excited that we will have all kinds of training
materials for NVDA just like we do for JAWS. In the future, I will
buy all training materials, because I want to pay back what NVDA has
done for me. I am using NVDA more than JAWS after just two months,
and I have used JAWS for
15 years. I was using the mouse to navigate an app that JAWS would
do nothing with. This is really great! Take care all, and let’s
celebrate the first training material of many to come.


From: Gene New Zealand <mailto:hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:09 PM
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training
material now available!

It sounds good to me 2 and when it does happen have you looked at a
cost for it? if any.

I have never done any thing like is mentioned, so don't know what to
expect.

Gene nz


On 14-Apr-16 11:15 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Heaven,

We haven't got the certification ready yet, so we'll post more
details about the exact format later. For now, what I can say is
that if you have a good understanding of most of what is in the
Basic Training for NVDA book you will be in good stead for the certification.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:35 PM, HBotma <
<mailto:ehlbotma@gmail.com>ehlbotma@gmail.com
<mailto:ehlbotma@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi

What does the certification involve?

Heaven

On 4/14/16, Shaun Everiss <
<mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com>sm.everiss@gmail.com
<mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com>> wrote:
I have the book and will read it even though I am a good user of
most of nvda.
I will order the others to and maybe I may do the certifficate
for thesheer hell of it.



On 14/04/2016 8:12 p.m., Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
Hi

I’ve just ordered the book after liking the sample and to simply
contribute to the project. Hope you all do the same even if it’s
just to contribute to the project.

On 14 Apr 2016, at 07:47, Quentin Christensen <
<mailto:quentin@nvaccess.org>quentin@nvaccess.org
<mailto:quentin@nvaccess.org>>
wrote:

Hi everyone,

NV Access is very pleased to announce the release of “Basic
Training for NVDA”. This eBook is the first module in the
official set of training materials for learning to use the free
NVDA screen reader.

Available now from:

<http://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/
http://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/
<http://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/
This eBook is suitable for the new and existing user wishing to
improve proficiency.

Topics covered include: Getting started with NVDA and Windows,
basic configuration, writing and editing text, document
formatting, file management, multi-tasking, browsing the web,
using the review cursor and object navigation.

The purchase price of this product supports the work of NV
Access and our ability to provide the NVDA screen reading
software free of charge.

Initially the material is available as downloadable electronic text.
We
are working on audio and braille formats which will be
available in due course.

Kind regards



--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook:
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>http://www.facebook.com/NVAcc
ess <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess










--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/>

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Laz
 

The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@icloud.com> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Chris Mullins
 

Hi Simon
Perhaps you missed the response from Joseph Lee yesterday where he indicated
an INI file is used and it is stored in the program folder. On my system I
believe it to be the nvda.ini file in

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\systemConfig

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Eigeldinger Simon [mailto:simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at]
Sent: 15 April 2016 06:09
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: AW: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Hi Brian,

Well basically i just want to know where this is saved. In a file or
registry.
We have a bunch of computers.
At the moment i am doing this by hand.
To get it unchecked so nvda doesn't speak at the login screen so people
don't get confused.
But ist ok if i have to do it by hand as well.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur
für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 17:05
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon


AW: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Eigeldinger Simon
 

Thats what i am doing already.

Thought there is something i can do that automatically.

We are installing many copies on our computers.

But i guess i will do that by hand then.

 

Greetings,

sion

 


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger

Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1

                                                          
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.:      +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax:     +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: 
simon.eigeldinger@...
Web:   
www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

Von: Quentin Christensen [mailto:quentin@...]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. April 2016 10:28
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

 

if you don't want NVDA running on the logon screen, you can uncheck "Use NVDA on the logon screen" in general preferences.

 

It should still work fine on UAC prompts while it is running once you are logged in.

 

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Eigeldinger Simon <simon.eigeldinger@...> wrote:

I need to do this anyway.
Because there are just sighted people at those machines.
I am just doing support.
Over remote there seems also some issues with UAC and secure screens anyway.

Greetings,
simon


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.:   +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax:    +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@...
Web:    www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@...]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. April 2016 10:18

An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

What would worry me about turning it off or making it silent would be the
secure screens as if they appear, somebody sighted would need to get them
out of the trouble.
 Initially I did this when i banished logging in altogether on a machine
that was only mine, but then I soon discoverd that sometimes  some alerts
and dialogues would no longer speak, so I had to enable it again. It would
be really cool if there was a way to stop mumblings at start up and shut
down but not on secure screens, but I've thus far not persued this. The
issue of security when  talking about this is not trivial if you have
inexperienced people messing with it of course.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 6:08 AM
Subject: AW: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi Brian,

Well basically i just want to know where this is saved. In a file or
registry.
We have a bunch of computers.
At the moment i am doing this by hand.
To get it unchecked so nvda doesn't speak at the login screen so people
don't get confused.
But ist ok if i have to do it by hand as well.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@...
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur
für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 17:05
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
 There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon














 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Quentin Christensen
 

if you don't want NVDA running on the logon screen, you can uncheck "Use NVDA on the logon screen" in general preferences.

It should still work fine on UAC prompts while it is running once you are logged in.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Eigeldinger Simon <simon.eigeldinger@...> wrote:
I need to do this anyway.
Because there are just sighted people at those machines.
I am just doing support.
Over remote there seems also some issues with UAC and secure screens anyway.

Greetings,
simon


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.:   +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax:    +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@...
Web:    www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@...]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. April 2016 10:18
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

What would worry me about turning it off or making it silent would be the
secure screens as if they appear, somebody sighted would need to get them
out of the trouble.
 Initially I did this when i banished logging in altogether on a machine
that was only mine, but then I soon discoverd that sometimes  some alerts
and dialogues would no longer speak, so I had to enable it again. It would
be really cool if there was a way to stop mumblings at start up and shut
down but not on secure screens, but I've thus far not persued this. The
issue of security when  talking about this is not trivial if you have
inexperienced people messing with it of course.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 6:08 AM
Subject: AW: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi Brian,

Well basically i just want to know where this is saved. In a file or
registry.
We have a bunch of computers.
At the moment i am doing this by hand.
To get it unchecked so nvda doesn't speak at the login screen so people
don't get confused.
But ist ok if i have to do it by hand as well.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@...
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur
für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 17:05
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
 There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon
















--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


AW: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Eigeldinger Simon
 

I need to do this anyway.
Because there are just sighted people at those machines.
I am just doing support.
Over remote there seems also some issues with UAC and secure screens anyway.

Greetings,
simon


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. April 2016 10:18
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

What would worry me about turning it off or making it silent would be the
secure screens as if they appear, somebody sighted would need to get them
out of the trouble.
Initially I did this when i banished logging in altogether on a machine
that was only mine, but then I soon discoverd that sometimes some alerts
and dialogues would no longer speak, so I had to enable it again. It would
be really cool if there was a way to stop mumblings at start up and shut
down but not on secure screens, but I've thus far not persued this. The
issue of security when talking about this is not trivial if you have
inexperienced people messing with it of course.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 6:08 AM
Subject: AW: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi Brian,

Well basically i just want to know where this is saved. In a file or
registry.
We have a bunch of computers.
At the moment i am doing this by hand.
To get it unchecked so nvda doesn't speak at the login screen so people
don't get confused.
But ist ok if i have to do it by hand as well.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur
für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 17:05
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon


Re: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

What would worry me about turning it off or making it silent would be the secure screens as if they appear, somebody sighted would need to get them out of the trouble.
Initially I did this when i banished logging in altogether on a machine that was only mine, but then I soon discoverd that sometimes some alerts and dialogues would no longer speak, so I had to enable it again. It would be really cool if there was a way to stop mumblings at start up and shut down but not on secure screens, but I've thus far not persued this. The issue of security when talking about this is not trivial if you have inexperienced people messing with it of course.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 6:08 AM
Subject: AW: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?


Hi Brian,

Well basically i just want to know where this is saved. In a file or registry.
We have a bunch of computers.
At the moment i am doing this by hand.
To get it unchecked so nvda doesn't speak at the login screen so people don't get confused.
But ist ok if i have to do it by hand as well.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Sekretariat Nebengebäude 2
Nebengebäude 2, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1211
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1119
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 17:05
An: nvda@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon


Re: Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Yes, but you have to be logged in as a user to run the set up process.
That was what I was getting at. I noticed the other day that the settings for my current user had altered and the log in was still set to the default settings.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Mullins" <cjmullins29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login screens?


If you are at the log-on screen, there isn't necessarily a current user.
You may notice that when configuring NVDA, there is an option to set NVDA to
speak on the Log-on screen and this causes settings for this purpose to be
retained somewhere. When the log in screen is displayed, these settings are
used,then when you actually log into a user account, NVDA restarts using
the specific user settings.I suspect it's the location of these "log-on"
settings that Simon is seeking.

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 14 April 2016 16:05
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?

Are you looking for the location itself or how to make it save it. I'd
imagine as its a system setting on the current user, it is in that users
settings which are not always available for the user to fiddle with
depending on if they are an admin or not.
There is a button in the general settings and this will warn you if it
thinks there is a possible issue, such as uncertified add ons etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eigeldinger Simon" <simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where does NVDA save its setting about running in login
screens?


Hi all,

Where does NVDA save its setting about using NVDA in secure destkops and
windows login screen?

Thanks and greetings,
simon