Date   

Re: Wordperfect

Arlene
 

It worked good during its time. I mean word perfect 5.1. It only worked for dos.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mk360
Sent: August-27-17 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Wordperfect

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely
unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


Re: Wordperfect

Arlene
 

Hi, the only word perfect I used was 5.1. It only worked for dos! Not sure if people still use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arnþór Helgason
Sent: August-27-17 1:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Wordperfect

Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@...
arnthor.helgason@...
kim@...

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is


Re: NVDA 2017.3 released

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo <ochikodinaka@...>
 

will e speak b upgraded with new voices for nvda

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
For crying out loud, knock it off! This has nothing to do with the subject
at hand! Stop it right now!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

I have faestival and vox voices. I need more for NVDA on my winWindos7Home
pro windos7pro computer I need better voices for NVDA voices for my PC and
Windo eyes jaws Nvda &other voices/screenreaders

On 8/27/17, Vijay Kumar <ca.s.vijaykumar@...> wrote:
Thank you Bhavya great help ,would try and please suggest would it
be different if I go with desk top as my option?

Regards
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bhavya shah
Sent: 26 August 2017 08:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi Vijay,
Since you are using a laptop without a NumPad, you may have the laptop
keyboard layout selected. In this case, NVDA+A is the keystroke you
need to press to issue a say all.
Thanks.

On 8/26/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
One great thing I've just noticed about this new version of NVDA is
the problem with mIRC has been fixed! It no longer messes it up and
I've disabled it's own speech and switched it back to nvda. This is
so much better as it is faster and I can use the synth of my choice.

Roger














On 8/25/2017 6:31 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


If you are interested I have the speech platform synth and voices in
my drop box account. You need to install the synth run time thingy
first then the tts voices after.


The link to the drop box account is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20e
n
gine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

They are in a zip format at present but after the synth run time
thingy has been installed there are quite a few different voices and
languages to pick from.


I do also have the speech hub package if you want it as well but the
add on will have to be installed as well. I can give directions for
that one but they are in english for voices etc. Just let me know if
you are interested in this one to.


gene nz



On 26/08/2017 01:46, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
so I am stuck with espeak or how do I get new voices with NVDA I
use windos 7 pro

On 8/25/17, Antony Stone<antony.stone@...> wrote:
Which extra voices do you mean?

If you are running Windows 10, you already have the OneCore voices.

If you are not running Windows 10, those voices are not available.

I've never heard of any extra voices for OneCore other than those
included as standard with Windows 10.


Antony.

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:29:12, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Quentin,

How can I get the extra voices for one core? thanks for any help.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:51 PM To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Thank-you Zahra,

And to you also!

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@...>
wrote:

thanks quentin for posting this.

On 8/25/17, Rosemarie Chavarria<knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
> I just got it.
>
> From:nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On
Behalf Of
> Quentin Christensen
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:53 PM
> To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2017.3 is out! Highlights of this release include input
of
> contracted braille, support for new Windows OneCore voices
available
> on Windows 10, in-built support for Windows 10 OCR, and many
> significant improvements regarding Braille and the web.
>
> Release notes and download links at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-down
l
oad/
--
"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which you can die.

Please reply
to the list;
please
*don't* CC me.



--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where
you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can
use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To
find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified
expert near you, please visit the following link
https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains
the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the
world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons:
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter
@BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91
7506221750








--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again






--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Wordperfect

mk360
 

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...

El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible. Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


Re: Help With Eloquence

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo <ochikodinaka@...>
 

yes I did. but I need the add on to eliqwence for NVDA everything is readey

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
You can't use the jaws eloquence voice because it's tied to Jaws.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large voices/addpns
for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the world

On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
Open nvda menu insert+n
2 times down Arrow
There is a submenu called codefactory
There should it be

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Gene
Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message, the
first message you send has to be approved. Every new member has to
have his first message approved. This is a setting list
administrators can't change. It is a setting set by the entire list serve
administrator.

Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be
approved.
While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
To go nomail, send a blank message to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.

Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
installing the add on?

Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code
Factory?
The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying
artifacts.
The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should. You can get a demo of that
version as well. If you have problems finding it, asking here should
get you the information.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.




--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again







--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Can any one suggest me how to get "DictationBridge.WSRMac?

Muklesur Rahman
 

Hi Antony, here is the link.
http://dictationbridge.com/docs
Thank you.

On 8/28/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
It might help if you give us a URL to the instructions you are trying to
follow.

Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 21:08:49, Muklesur Rahman wrote:

Hello lists, I am trying to assign my computer with dictation bridge.
According to the instruction, I need to copy a file named
"Dictationbridge.WSRMac" into the speech folder but where and how to
get that file is not mentioned. So, please help me. I want to dictate
my computer to write the text.
--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of
people.

Please reply to the
list;
please *don't* CC
me.




Re: Can any one suggest me how to get "DictationBridge.WSRMac?

Antony Stone
 

It might help if you give us a URL to the instructions you are trying to
follow.

Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 21:08:49, Muklesur Rahman wrote:

Hello lists, I am trying to assign my computer with dictation bridge.
According to the instruction, I need to copy a file named
"Dictationbridge.WSRMac" into the speech folder but where and how to
get that file is not mentioned. So, please help me. I want to dictate
my computer to write the text.
--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Can any one suggest me how to get "DictationBridge.WSRMac?

Muklesur Rahman
 

Hello lists, I am trying to assign my computer with dictation bridge.
According to the instruction, I need to copy a file named
"Dictationbridge.WSRMac" into the speech folder but where and how to
get that file is not mentioned. So, please help me. I want to dictate
my computer to write the text.


Re: FW: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2017.3 released

Kevin Cussick
 

well for me the problem is at this time solved.

On 26/08/2017 22:20, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
It appears the problem was that when nvda was restarted with firefox running part of the accessibility system could no longer get access to the routines as Firefox had locked them down. the answer is to reboot firefox when this happens. I think the devs are looking for a way around it, but in the end it may need Firefox to fix something. its hard to follow as there are at least three interconnected tickets and some of the problems also affect Thunderbird as the same basic code is in both.
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi,   the firefox problem was still there,   but I did some testing and after a bit of mucking about it seems that once I did the update it broke the firefox profile I deleted it and it is working well now. this was a bigger problem for me because I use my own portable install with all addons.   and the broken ff profile was in the installer fixed now.   but I wonder if the new nvda renders web pages a little differently from the last stable version?   as each time I reverted back to stable version it just worked but anyway all fixed now.

On 25/08/2017 09:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the couple of people with the issue with Firefox on here that most of us cannot duplicate is still there. If it is I think somebody should talk to these people by email and see if some obvious answer can be obtained. it has to be something in nvda that has changed between the last version and this one coupled with some specific issue on those computers. Its obvious from what we have seen here that its not just the simple non registration of DLL files bug, or the use of beta versions of Firefox. However there has to be something that makes these installations different to everyone elses.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:15 PM
Subject: [nvda] FW: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2017.3 released


Hi,
Let the party begin!!! Enjoy the new release.
On behalf of contributors for this release, I thank you all for your valuable feedback, suggestions, bug reports and other comments.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-translations-bounce@... [mailto:nvda-translations-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Michael Curran
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:08 PM
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@...>; nvda-translations@...
Subject: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi all,


NVDA 2017.3 has just been released.


The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/


thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!


Mick






--
--
Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess

----------------------------------------------------------------
NVDA translations:

Team documentation: http://community.nvda-project.org/wiki/Translate
To send a message to the list: nvda-translations@... list archive: http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-translations/
To change your list settings/unsubscribe: http://www.freelists.org/list/nvda-translations
To contact list moderators: nvda-translations-moderators@...








Wordperfect

Arnþór Helgason <arnthor.helgason@...>
 

Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible. Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@...
arnthor.helgason@...
kim@...

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is


Re: can't get abbyy fine reader to work

Giles Turnbull
 

I had no problem setting up ABBYY and using it to scan PDFs or jpg images. I originally used a cracked copy of the program I found on ThePirateBay, but eventually purchased a legal copy, which cost me £99 I think.

After I installed the legal copy I ran into a problem similar to the one you described. It opened a document for OCR fine, but when it tried to output it to a Word document it crashed. I asked their tech support for advice, and they suggested simply reinstalling it, which I did and it's worked fine ever since.

I've never tried scanning and OCRing using ABBYY, but I've got a new scanner arriving next week so will hopefully give it a whirl :)

Yes, £99 or the dollar equivalent is quite pricey, but I find it the best OCR conversion tool I've got. I bought the KNFB Reader recently while it was on offer, and find ABBYY easier to use.

Here's the link to the Finereader program, and I notive that the price for version 14 is now £169, which I'd probably have been reluctant to pay when I bought my copy!
https://www.abbyy.com/en-eu/finereader/

Giles


Re: a good program for reading pdf files

Giles Turnbull
 

PDF is a convenient format when I ask publishers if I can buy an electronic copy of whatever book I want to read, assuming it's not on any of the blind libraries I have access to. I don't however like PDF as a format for reading books ....  mostly because I don't really know whether I can do things like add bookmarks for where I'm up to, but also because I find the keyboard shortcuts for next page and previous page tend to bhehave quite erratically.

Acrobat Reader DC has an option in the file menu to save as text, which works but sometimes makes a mess of the layout.

I purchased a copy of ABBYY 12 and find that my best option for converting to a plain text file. I use the new task / open PDF or image and OCR the text into Word. Because I don't enjoy reading a whole book in Word any more than I do in Acrobat, I then copy all the text in the Word doc and pop it into a plain .txt file. That way I can read as much as I like and use character combinations like zzz immediately before a chapter heading, or xxx as a marker of something else that I want to be able to easily find. Then it's just a question of using NVDA+CTRL+F, or CTRL+F in Notepad, to find the text, heading up or down,. The hanbdy part of this is that you can jump to the bottom of the text and search for whichever marker you used, and the first one you come to searching form bottom to top, is the point at which you stopped reading.

I am going to give that PDF2txt program a try, because that'd speed the conversion up a bit if it works as well as ABBYY OCRing. Obviously the benefit with ABBYY is also when, as previously mentioned, a PDF book can comprise photos of each page, or sometimes the publisher has sent it to you security protected, in which case you can't use Adobe to save the file as txt, but ABBYY will be able to convert it into Word / txt format with relatively few letter corrections needed, such as the capital letter I being misidentified as the number 1.I came across a very curious one the other day which took me an age to figure out ... ABBYY thought there was a word 'ori' and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what that was supposed to be! It turned out, with sighted assistance, to be the word 'on'!

Hope this helps :)

Giles


Re: sharing new folder in dropbox

anthony borg
 

Hi list
Can anyone providing me instructions of how to create a new sharing folder with another person who has already a dropbox account.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: 26 August 2017 13:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: sharing new folder in dropbox

Yes you can, but having bought Office I now would have to buy it again. its a pity if you have an old copy that you cannot just pay an upgrade price, but i suspect the upgrade from 2002, might be as much as a new one!
I happen to like 2003/2 version of Word. I'm not going to get you started on ribbons again honest.
brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


I believe you can still; buy Office. As I recall, you have the option to
rent or buy it. If I'm wrong, I expect others will know an correct me.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


Yes i am not liiking Microsofts new rental approach to software either. I
will, at some point have to choose something else when my current version of
Word finally will no longer run in windows. Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


I tested OpenOffice some time ago and it was still worse than LibreOffice.

I'm still using LibreOffice 5.2, even with its issues, because Microsoft
Office is very expensive here n Brazil and, for what I have to do,
LibreOffice suits me better.

Also, I am using LibreOffice for many years and know almost all the
keyboard shortcuts, all of them very different in MS Office. As I needed
to start using a screen reader a few years ago, only recently became aware
of NVDA issues in conjunction with LibreOffice.



Em 24/08/2017 09:31, nasrin khaksar escreveu:
me too.
i downgraded to 5.2, but still calc is inaccessible for me.
every version has many new features for sighted and compatibility for
screen readers!
i completely agree with you walmir.
whats the solution?
should i realy migrate to openoffice?
please advise.

On 8/24/17, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io
<wsautodidata@...> wrote:
Hi,


I am very desappointed with LibreOffice.

Each update brings new compatibility issues with NVDA.

I even downgraded to LibreOffice 5.2 as the only way to minimize the
annoyances.



Em 23/08/2017 22:30, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
I think to summarise the thread, LibreOffice tends to be updated more
often, and more features are accessible. Open Office is still being
updated. I just downloaded the latest version to have another look at
myself.

Re your user, if what they mostly need is a word processor rather than
a full office suite, Jarte is a popular stand-alone word processor.

Another option is Google Docs and Google Sheets etc.

Yes there are potential bugs with the different office suites, and it
depends on exactly what you need to do as to which will best suit your
needs. For instance, yes the mouse bug I mentioned in LibreOffice
causes a fairly bad crash, but if you are a user who doesn't use the
mouse, then you won't encounter it.



On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...
<mailto:sm.everiss@...>> wrote:

This is serious guys I am trying to teach someone here to use an
office like program that is not expensive ms office, how am I
supposed to use it if there are issues with it that may pop up, I
havn't yet fully started with it but I am half on the way to
getting them to spend the cash on ms office which they allready
know, should I ignore libre and go back to openoffice, wps office
or something else entirely.




On 23/08/2017 11:18 p.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:

So, this is one more issue in using NVDA and LibreOffice..
together.

I've described many of them here, but don't expect them to be
solved because apparently there is no communication between
the developers of both software.



Em 22/08/2017 22:19, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Using NVDA 2017.3 rc1 and LibreOffice Writer 5.3.4.2 I did
the following:

- Opened Word 2016 (I didn't have an old Word 2003
document handy) and typed a few words, saved as Word 97 -
2003 format .doc.
- Opened LibreOffice Writer.
- Opened the document I'd saved.
- Read through document, added some text.
- Saved document, and when prompted, saved in Office 2003
format.

I did notice at that point, the NVDA seemed to lose focus.
Pressing alt twice to go into the menu and back, or
alt+tab to something else and back fixed the issue though.

I tried again and had no problems, although I got the lose
focus thing at one point moving through the text. I
didn't find a concrete way to reproduce that. It's
annoying, but it didn't bring the system down or
anything. The focus itself was still in the document, so
I could still move around and edit, it was just that NVDA
wasn't reading properly so I expect it wouldn't be evident
with NVDA not running. Nothing untoward in the NVDA log
though. I have noticed occasional issues with LibreOffice
so not sure if this is related to using a Word 2003 doc,
or just a general LIbreOffice thing.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...
<mailto:lmddh50@...> <mailto:lmddh50@...
<mailto:lmddh50@...>>> wrote:

Running NVDA 2017.3 RC1 on a Win 10 system.
Just installed LibreOffice and attempted to open and
modify a MS
Office 2003 document. If I change the document and
select to save
it as the original .doc file type it crashes
LibreOffice to the
point of needing a hard reboot to clear it. Is this a
known issue
with trying to use LibreOffice with Microsoft Office
documents?
Thanks







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA
E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess










--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now
available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess



Re: can't get abbyy fine reader to work

anthony borg
 

Ok thanks rosemarie.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 27 August 2017 18:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

Hi, Anthony,

 

Try googling for it. I don't know the exact site where you can get it.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of anthony borg
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

Hi rosemarie

If you manage to set up abbyy fine reader, can you please tell me from where I can download i?

Because it seems very useful.

Thanks in advance

Anthony    

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 26 August 2017 23:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

Hi, everyone,

 

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 


Re: Help With Eloquence

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

You can't use the jaws eloquence voice because it's tied to Jaws.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large voices/addpns for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the world

On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
Open nvda menu insert+n
2 times down Arrow
There is a submenu called codefactory
There should it be

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Gene
Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message, the
first message you send has to be approved. Every new member has to
have his first message approved. This is a setting list
administrators can't change. It is a setting set by the entire list serve administrator.

Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be approved.
While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
To go nomail, send a blank message to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.

Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
installing the add on?

Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code Factory?
The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying artifacts.
The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should. You can get a demo of that
version as well. If you have problems finding it, asking here should
get you the information.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.




--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: can't get abbyy fine reader to work

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Anthony,

 

Try googling for it. I don't know the exact site where you can get it.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of anthony borg
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

Hi rosemarie

If you manage to set up abbyy fine reader, can you please tell me from where I can download i?

Because it seems very useful.

Thanks in advance

Anthony    

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 26 August 2017 23:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

Hi, everyone,

 

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 


Re: NVDA 2017.3 released

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

For crying out loud, knock it off! This has nothing to do with the subject at hand! Stop it right now!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

I have faestival and vox voices. I need more for NVDA on my winWindos7Home pro windos7pro computer I need better voices for NVDA voices for my PC and Windo eyes jaws Nvda &other voices/screenreaders

On 8/27/17, Vijay Kumar <ca.s.vijaykumar@...> wrote:
Thank you Bhavya great help ,would try and please suggest would it
be different if I go with desk top as my option?

Regards
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bhavya shah
Sent: 26 August 2017 08:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi Vijay,
Since you are using a laptop without a NumPad, you may have the laptop
keyboard layout selected. In this case, NVDA+A is the keystroke you
need to press to issue a say all.
Thanks.

On 8/26/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
One great thing I've just noticed about this new version of NVDA is
the problem with mIRC has been fixed! It no longer messes it up and
I've disabled it's own speech and switched it back to nvda. This is
so much better as it is faster and I can use the synth of my choice.

Roger














On 8/25/2017 6:31 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


If you are interested I have the speech platform synth and voices in
my drop box account. You need to install the synth run time thingy
first then the tts voices after.


The link to the drop box account is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20e
n
gine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

They are in a zip format at present but after the synth run time
thingy has been installed there are quite a few different voices and
languages to pick from.


I do also have the speech hub package if you want it as well but the
add on will have to be installed as well. I can give directions for
that one but they are in english for voices etc. Just let me know if
you are interested in this one to.


gene nz



On 26/08/2017 01:46, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
so I am stuck with espeak or how do I get new voices with NVDA I
use windos 7 pro

On 8/25/17, Antony Stone<antony.stone@...> wrote:
Which extra voices do you mean?

If you are running Windows 10, you already have the OneCore voices.

If you are not running Windows 10, those voices are not available.

I've never heard of any extra voices for OneCore other than those
included as standard with Windows 10.


Antony.

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:29:12, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Quentin,

How can I get the extra voices for one core? thanks for any help.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:51 PM To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Thank-you Zahra,

And to you also!

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@...>
wrote:

thanks quentin for posting this.

On 8/25/17, Rosemarie Chavarria<knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
> I just got it.
>
> From:nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On
Behalf Of
> Quentin Christensen
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:53 PM
> To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2017.3 is out! Highlights of this release include input of
> contracted braille, support for new Windows OneCore voices
available
> on Windows 10, in-built support for Windows 10 OCR, and many
> significant improvements regarding Braille and the web.
>
> Release notes and download links at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-down
l
oad/
--
"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which you can die.

Please reply
to the list;
please
*don't* CC me.



--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where
you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can
use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To
find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified
expert near you, please visit the following link
https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains
the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the
world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons:
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter
@BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91
7506221750








--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Help With Eloquence

Ibrahim Ajayi
 

Please how can I find the SAPI5 version of Eloquence for NVDA. I've
tried unsuccessfully to find it.
Thanks.
From Ibrahim.

On 8/27/17, matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...> wrote:
Hi,

Did you restart NVDA after installing and configuring what you wanted?
Thanks. Also, to get to the synthesizer dialog, insert+control+S will bring
it up and you should do you want. .

Matthew



Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 3:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.







Re: Help With Eloquence

matthew dyer
 

Hi,

 

Did you restart NVDA after installing and configuring what you wanted?  Thanks.  Also, to get to the synthesizer dialog, insert+control+S will bring it up and you should do you want.  .

 

Matthew

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 3:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

 

Hi good people:

I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on

for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.

The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the

settings.  But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu

of NVDA.

Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or

what I didn't do properly?

Regards.

I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.

 

 

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: NVDA 2017.3 released

Antony Stone
 

Agreed - Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo, please will you create a new
thread (ie: write your own email to nvda@nvda.groups.io - do not reply to an
existing one), with a subject saying what you want, and a clear message asking
what you want help with, and see whether anyone replies and can help you.

Please do not reply to existing threads with comments about something
different, and please do not send the same messages multiple times - it almost
certainly means you are less likely to get a reply from people, because they
find it irritating, than more likely because you've reminded people.

Thank you.


Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 15:26:44, mk360 wrote:

Please, stop it. I don't know what is the relation between your post and
NVDA's new release, and the same happen in other topics where you're
replied too.

The synth topic has covered in detail in NVDA's support pages.

El 27/08/2017 a las 9:22, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo escribió:
I have faestival and vox voices. I need more for NVDA on my
winWindos7Home pro windos7pro computer I need better voices for NVDA
voices for my PC and Windo eyes jaws Nvda &other voices/screenreaders

On 8/27/17, Vijay Kumar <ca.s.vijaykumar@...> wrote:
Thank you Bhavya great help ,would try and please suggest would it be
different if I go with desk top as my option?

Regards
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bhavya shah
Sent: 26 August 2017 08:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi Vijay,
Since you are using a laptop without a NumPad, you may have the laptop
keyboard layout selected. In this case, NVDA+A is the keystroke you need
to press to issue a say all.
Thanks.

On 8/26/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
One great thing I've just noticed about this new version of NVDA is
the problem with mIRC has been fixed! It no longer messes it up and
I've disabled it's own speech and switched it back to nvda. This is
so much better as it is faster and I can use the synth of my choice.

Roger

On 8/25/2017 6:31 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi


If you are interested I have the speech platform synth and voices in
my drop box account. You need to install the synth run time thingy
first then the tts voices after.


The link to the drop box account is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20en
gine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

They are in a zip format at present but after the synth run time
thingy has been installed there are quite a few different voices and
languages to pick from.


I do also have the speech hub package if you want it as well but the
add on will have to be installed as well. I can give directions for
that one but they are in english for voices etc. Just let me know if
you are interested in this one to.


gene nz

On 26/08/2017 01:46, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
so I am stuck with espeak or how do I get new voices with NVDA I use
windos 7 pro

On 8/25/17, Antony Stone<antony.stone@...> wrote:
Which extra voices do you mean?

If you are running Windows 10, you already have the OneCore voices.

If you are not running Windows 10, those voices are not available.

I've never heard of any extra voices for OneCore other than those
included as standard with Windows 10.


Antony.

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:29:12, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Quentin,

How can I get the extra voices for one core? thanks for any help.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:51 PM To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Thank-you Zahra,

And to you also!

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@...>

wrote:
thanks quentin for posting this.

On 8/25/17, Rosemarie Chavarria<knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
> I just got it.
>
> From:nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On

Behalf Of

> Quentin Christensen
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:53 PM
> To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2017.3 is out! Highlights of this release include input
> of contracted braille, support for new Windows OneCore
> voices

available

> on Windows 10, in-built support for Windows 10 OCR, and many
> significant improvements regarding Braille and the web.
> Release notes and download links at:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-downl
oad/
--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."
The second logician says "I don't know."
The third logician says "Yes!"

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.