Date   

Re: Wordperfect

Don H
 

Google search shows you can buy the home version for $139 on sale.

On 8/27/2017 8:05 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Wordperfect as we knew it dropped to coral ages back at 6.1 an unofficial patch to 6.2 is available somewhere.

It is now wordperfect office but not sure about accessability.




On 28/08/2017 10:01 a.m., mk360 wrote:
Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible. Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason




.




Re: Wordperfect

 

Hmmm so wordperfect could still be a viable office thingy.

On 28/08/2017 12:04 p.m., Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Around 2000, Corel bought Word Perfect and version 12 was very
accessible.  I haven't tried anything past that version, so that's all
the information I have.

On 8/27/2017 6:44 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, the only word perfect I used was 5.1. It only worked for dos! Not sure if people still use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arnþór Helgason
Sent: August-27-17 1:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Wordperfect

Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@simnet.is
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com
kim@kim.is

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is







--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"




Re: Wordperfect

 

Wordperfect as we knew it dropped to coral ages back at 6.1 an unofficial patch to 6.2 is available somewhere.

It is now wordperfect office but not sure about accessability.

On 28/08/2017 10:01 a.m., mk360 wrote:
Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible. Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason



.


Re: can't get abbyy fine reader to work

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I'll probably have to reinstall my copy too. It came with the printer software I have.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Giles Turnbull
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get abbyy fine reader to work

 

I had no problem setting up ABBYY and using it to scan PDFs or jpg images. I originally used a cracked copy of the program I found on ThePirateBay, but eventually purchased a legal copy, which cost me £99 I think.

After I installed the legal copy I ran into a problem similar to the one you described. It opened a document for OCR fine, but when it tried to output it to a Word document it crashed. I asked their tech support for advice, and they suggested simply reinstalling it, which I did and it's worked fine ever since.

I've never tried scanning and OCRing using ABBYY, but I've got a new scanner arriving next week so will hopefully give it a whirl :)

Yes, £99 or the dollar equivalent is quite pricey, but I find it the best OCR conversion tool I've got. I bought the KNFB Reader recently while it was on offer, and find ABBYY easier to use.

Here's the link to the Finereader program, and I notive that the price for version 14 is now £169, which I'd probably have been reluctant to pay when I bought my copy!
https://www.abbyy.com/en-eu/finereader/

Giles


Re: Help With Eloquence

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

You have to pay for that one. You can't get it illegally.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 3:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

yes I did. but I need the add on to eliqwence for NVDA everything is readey

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
You can't use the jaws eloquence voice because it's tied to Jaws.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large
voices/addpns for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the
world

On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@gmail.com> wrote:
Open nvda menu insert+n
2 times down Arrow
There is a submenu called codefactory There should it be

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Gene
Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message,
the first message you send has to be approved. Every new member has
to have his first message approved. This is a setting list
administrators can't change. It is a setting set by the entire list
serve administrator.

Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be
approved.
While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
To go nomail, send a blank message to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.

Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
installing the add on?

Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code
Factory?
The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying
artifacts.
The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should. You can get a demo of that
version as well. If you have problems finding it, asking here should
get you the information.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.




--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again








--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: NVDA 2017.3 released

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I have no idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 3:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

will e speak b upgraded with new voices for nvda

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
For crying out loud, knock it off! This has nothing to do with the
subject at hand! Stop it right now!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

I have faestival and vox voices. I need more for NVDA on my
winWindos7Home pro windos7pro computer I need better voices for NVDA
voices for my PC and Windo eyes jaws Nvda &other voices/screenreaders

On 8/27/17, Vijay Kumar <ca.s.vijaykumar@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Bhavya great help ,would try and please suggest would it
be different if I go with desk top as my option?

Regards
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bhavya shah
Sent: 26 August 2017 08:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi Vijay,
Since you are using a laptop without a NumPad, you may have the
laptop keyboard layout selected. In this case, NVDA+A is the
keystroke you need to press to issue a say all.
Thanks.

On 8/26/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
One great thing I've just noticed about this new version of NVDA is
the problem with mIRC has been fixed! It no longer messes it up and
I've disabled it's own speech and switched it back to nvda. This is
so much better as it is faster and I can use the synth of my choice.

Roger














On 8/25/2017 6:31 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


If you are interested I have the speech platform synth and voices
in my drop box account. You need to install the synth run time
thingy first then the tts voices after.


The link to the drop box account is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20
e
n
gine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

They are in a zip format at present but after the synth run time
thingy has been installed there are quite a few different voices
and languages to pick from.


I do also have the speech hub package if you want it as well but
the add on will have to be installed as well. I can give directions
for that one but they are in english for voices etc. Just let me
know if you are interested in this one to.


gene nz



On 26/08/2017 01:46, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
so I am stuck with espeak or how do I get new voices with NVDA I
use windos 7 pro

On 8/25/17, Antony Stone<antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
Which extra voices do you mean?

If you are running Windows 10, you already have the OneCore voices.

If you are not running Windows 10, those voices are not available.

I've never heard of any extra voices for OneCore other than those
included as standard with Windows 10.


Antony.

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:29:12, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Quentin,

How can I get the extra voices for one core? thanks for any help.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:51 PM To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Thank-you Zahra,

And to you also!

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
wrote:

thanks quentin for posting this.

On 8/25/17, Rosemarie Chavarria<knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got it.
>
> From:nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On
Behalf Of
> Quentin Christensen
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:53 PM
> To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2017.3 is out! Highlights of this release include
input of
> contracted braille, support for new Windows OneCore voices
available
> on Windows 10, in-built support for Windows 10 OCR, and many
> significant improvements regarding Braille and the web.
>
> Release notes and download links at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-dow
n
l
oad/
--
"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which you can die.

Please reply
to the list;
please
*don't* CC me.



--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where
you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you
can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers.
To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please
visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified
expert near you, please visit the following link
https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page
contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from
around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons:
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com Follow me on Twitter
@BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91
7506221750








--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again







--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Wordperfect

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

Around 2000, Corel bought Word Perfect and version 12 was very
accessible.  I haven't tried anything past that version, so that's all
the information I have.

On 8/27/2017 6:44 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, the only word perfect I used was 5.1. It only worked for dos! Not sure if people still use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arnþór Helgason
Sent: August-27-17 1:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Wordperfect

Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@simnet.is
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com
kim@kim.is

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is






--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: sharing new folder in dropbox

Ben J. Bloomgren
 

Hello, Anthony,

 

Within File Explorer, locate the name of the folder. Hit applications, shift+10 or right click with the mouse on the folder depending on your configuration. There should be a Dropbox submenu. Hit right arrow on that, and there should be a share folder or something like that.

 

Ben

 

From: anthony borg
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:34
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] sharing new folder in dropbox

 

Hi list

Can anyone providing me instructions of how to create a new sharing folder with another person who has already a dropbox account.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

 

-----Original Message-----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

Sent: 26 August 2017 13:58

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: sharing new folder in dropbox

 

Yes you can, but having bought Office I now would have to buy it again. its a pity if you have an old copy that you cannot just pay an upgrade price, but i suspect the upgrade from 2002, might be as much as a new one!

I happen to like 2003/2 version of Word. I'm not going to get you started on ribbons again honest.

brian

 

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal email to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice

 

 

I believe you can still; buy Office.  As I recall, you have the option to

rent or buy it.  If I'm wrong, I expect others will know an correct me.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

 

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:56 AM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice

 

 

Yes i am not liiking Microsofts new rental approach to software either. I

will, at some point have to choose something else when my current version of

Word finally will no longer run in windows. Brian

 

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal email to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata@...>

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 1:04 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice

 

 

>I tested OpenOffice some time ago and it was still worse than LibreOffice.

> I'm still using LibreOffice 5.2, even with its issues, because Microsoft

> Office is very expensive here n Brazil and, for what I have to do,

> LibreOffice suits me better.

> Also, I am using LibreOffice for many years and know almost all the

> keyboard shortcuts, all of them very different in MS Office. As I needed

> to start using a screen reader a few years ago, only recently became aware

> of NVDA issues in conjunction with LibreOffice.

> Em 24/08/2017 09:31, nasrin khaksar escreveu:

>> me too.

>> i downgraded to 5.2, but still calc is inaccessible for me.

>> every version has many new features for sighted and compatibility for

>> screen readers!

>> i completely agree with you walmir.

>> whats the solution?

>> should i realy migrate to openoffice?

>> please advise.

>> 

>> On 8/24/17, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io

>> <wsautodidata@...> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> 

>>> 

>>> I am very desappointed with LibreOffice.

>>> 

>>> Each update brings new compatibility issues with NVDA.

>>> 

>>> I even downgraded to LibreOffice 5.2 as the only way to minimize the

>>> annoyances.

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>>> Em 23/08/2017 22:30, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

>>>> I think to summarise the thread, LibreOffice tends to be updated more

>>>> often, and more features are accessible. Open Office is still being

>>>> updated. I just downloaded the latest version to have another look at

>>>> myself.

>>>> 

>>>> Re your user, if what they mostly need is a word processor rather than

>>>> a full office suite, Jarte is a popular stand-alone word processor.

>>>> 

>>>> Another option is Google Docs and Google Sheets etc.

>>>> 

>>>> Yes there are potential bugs with the different office suites, and it

>>>> depends on exactly what you need to do as to which will best suit your

>>>> needs. For instance, yes the mouse bug I mentioned in LibreOffice

>>>> causes a fairly bad crash, but if you are a user who doesn't use the

>>>> mouse, then you won't encounter it.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...

>>>> <mailto:sm.everiss@...>> wrote:

>>>> 

>>>>      This is serious guys I am trying to teach someone here to use an

>>>>      office like program that is not expensive ms office, how am I

>>>>      supposed to use it if there are issues with it that may pop up, I

>>>>      havn't yet fully started with it but I am half on the way to

>>>>      getting them to spend the cash on ms office which they allready

>>>>      know, should I ignore libre and go back to openoffice, wps office

>>>>      or something else entirely.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>>      On 23/08/2017 11:18 p.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:

>>>> 

>>>>          So, this is one more issue in using NVDA and LibreOffice..

>>>>          together.

>>>> 

>>>>          I've described many of them here, but don't expect them to be

>>>>          solved because apparently there is no communication between

>>>>          the developers of both software.

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>>          Em 22/08/2017 22:19, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

>>>> 

>>>>              Using NVDA 2017.3 rc1 and LibreOffice Writer 5.3.4.2 I did

>>>>              the following:

>>>> 

>>>>              - Opened Word 2016 (I didn't have an old Word 2003

>>>>              document handy) and typed a few words, saved as Word 97 -

>>>>              2003 format .doc.

>>>>              - Opened LibreOffice Writer.

>>>>              - Opened the document I'd saved.

>>>>              - Read through document, added some text.

>>>>              - Saved document, and when prompted, saved in Office 2003

>>>>              format.

>>>> 

>>>>              I did notice at that point, the NVDA seemed to lose focus.

>>>>              Pressing alt twice to go into the menu and back, or

>>>>              alt+tab to something else and back fixed the issue though.

>>>> 

>>>>              I tried again and had no problems, although I got the lose

>>>>              focus thing at one point moving through the text. I

>>>>              didn't find a concrete way to reproduce that. It's

>>>>              annoying, but it didn't bring the system down or

>>>>              anything. The focus itself was still in the document, so

>>>>              I could still move around and edit, it was just that NVDA

>>>>              wasn't reading properly so I expect it wouldn't be evident

>>>>              with NVDA not running. Nothing untoward in the NVDA log

>>>>              though. I have noticed occasional issues with LibreOffice

>>>>              so not sure if this is related to using a Word 2003 doc,

>>>>              or just a general LIbreOffice thing.

>>>> 

>>>>              On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...

>>>>              <mailto:lmddh50@...> <mailto:lmddh50@...

>>>>              <mailto:lmddh50@...>>> wrote:

>>>> 

>>>>              Running NVDA 2017.3 RC1 on a Win 10 system.

>>>>              Just installed LibreOffice and attempted to open and

>>>>              modify a MS

>>>>              Office 2003 document. If I change the document and

>>>>              select to save

>>>>              it as the original .doc file type it crashes

>>>>              LibreOffice to the

>>>>              point of needing a hard reboot to clear it. Is this a

>>>>              known issue

>>>>              with trying to use LibreOffice with Microsoft Office

>>>>              documents?

>>>>              Thanks

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>>              --

>>>>              Quentin Christensen

>>>>              Training and Support Manager

>>>> 

>>>>              Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA

>>>>              E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

>>>> 

>>>>              Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>

>>>>              <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>

>>>>              www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>

>>>>              <http://www.nvaccess.org/>

>>>>              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess

>>>>              <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>

>>>>              Twitter: @NVAccess

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> --

>>>> Quentin Christensen

>>>> Training and Support Manager

>>>> 

>>>> Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now

>>>> available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

>>>> 

>>>> Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>

>>>> www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>

>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess

>>>> Twitter: @NVAccess

>>>> 

>>> 

>> 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Wordperfect

Arlene
 

Same with me. When I moved from dos to windows. I started using Ms word 97. I never used word perfect 6.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mk360
Sent: August-27-17 3:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Wordperfect

Yeah, 5.1 under msdos 6.22 and in my case with a spanish screen reader called "habla", and with an external spanish synthetizer called "ciber 232p"... good times... I also used Word Perfect 6.0 in msdos and I think I've the disketes somewhere in my home...

I remember something about Word Perfect on Windows, but when I started to use windows I started with ms office... so, nothin to say about it.

Regards,
mk.
El 27/08/2017 a las 19:46, Arlene escribió:
It worked good during its time. I mean word perfect 5.1. It only worked for dos.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
mk360
Sent: August-27-17 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Wordperfect

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely
unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason






Re: Wordperfect

mk360
 

Yeah, 5.1 under msdos 6.22 and in my case with a spanish screen reader called "habla", and with an external spanish synthetizer called "ciber 232p"... good times... I also used Word Perfect 6.0 in msdos and I think I've the disketes somewhere in my home...

I remember something about Word Perfect on Windows, but when I started to use windows I started with ms office... so, nothin to say about it.

Regards,
mk.

El 27/08/2017 a las 19:46, Arlene escribió:
It worked good during its time. I mean word perfect 5.1. It only worked for dos.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mk360
Sent: August-27-17 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Wordperfect

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely
unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason





Re: Help With Eloquence

Arlene
 

You can get the paid addon for NVDA. The eloquence from Jaws is tied to it. I don’t use eloquence. I just use whatever NVDA came with.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: August-27-17 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large voices/addpns for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the world

On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@gmail.com> wrote:
Open nvda menu insert+n
2 times down Arrow
There is a submenu called codefactory
There should it be

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Gene
Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message, the
first message you send has to be approved. Every new member has to
have his first message approved. This is a setting list
administrators can't change. It is a setting set by the entire list serve administrator.

Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be approved.
While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
To go nomail, send a blank message to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.

Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
installing the add on?

Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code Factory?
The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying artifacts.
The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should. You can get a demo of that
version as well. If you have problems finding it, asking here should
get you the information.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.




--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Help With Eloquence

Gene
 

What add on?  The paid one?  If you are asking about the illegal add on, information about illegal add ons isn't allowed to be given on list.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

yes I did. but I need the add on to eliqwence for NVDA everything is readey

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
> You can't use the jaws eloquence voice because it's tied to Jaws.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
> Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
> Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:01 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence
>
> I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large voices/addpns
> for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the world
>
> On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
>> Open nvda menu insert+n
>> 2 times down Arrow
>> There is a submenu called codefactory
>> There should it be
>>
>> Skickades från E-post för Windows 10
>>
>> Från: Gene
>> Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
>> Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence
>>
>> please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
>> Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message, the
>> first message you send has to be approved.  Every new member has to
>> have his first message approved.  This is a setting list
>> administrators can't change.  It is a setting set by the entire list serve
>> administrator.
>>
>> Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
>> and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be
>> approved.
>> While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
>> you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
>> I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
>> To go nomail, send a blank message to
>> nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
>> To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
>> nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
>> That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.
>>
>> Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
>> installing the add on?
>>
>> Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code
>> Factory?
>> The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying
>> artifacts.
>> The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should.  You can get a demo of that
>> version as well.  If you have problems finding it, asking here should
>> get you the information.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Ibrahim Ajayi
>> Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence
>>
>> Hi good people:
>> I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
>> for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
>> The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
>> settings.  But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
>> of NVDA.
>> Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
>> what I didn't do properly?
>> Regards.
>> I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again




Re: sharing new folder in dropbox

Arlene
 

Hi, I hope I explain this right. You go onto www.dropbox.com There you go into your account. You find share a folder. There you can invite whoever you want to share a folder with.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of anthony borg
Sent: August-27-17 11:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] sharing new folder in dropbox

Hi list
Can anyone providing me instructions of how to create a new sharing folder with another person who has already a dropbox account.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: 26 August 2017 13:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: sharing new folder in dropbox

Yes you can, but having bought Office I now would have to buy it again. its a pity if you have an old copy that you cannot just pay an upgrade price, but i suspect the upgrade from 2002, might be as much as a new one!
I happen to like 2003/2 version of Word. I'm not going to get you started on ribbons again honest.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


I believe you can still; buy Office. As I recall, you have the option to rent or buy it. If I'm wrong, I expect others will know an correct me.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


Yes i am not liiking Microsofts new rental approach to software either. I will, at some point have to choose something else when my current version of Word finally will no longer run in windows. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Libreoffice


I tested OpenOffice some time ago and it was still worse than LibreOffice.

I'm still using LibreOffice 5.2, even with its issues, because Microsoft
Office is very expensive here n Brazil and, for what I have to do,
LibreOffice suits me better.

Also, I am using LibreOffice for many years and know almost all the
keyboard shortcuts, all of them very different in MS Office. As I needed
to start using a screen reader a few years ago, only recently became aware
of NVDA issues in conjunction with LibreOffice.



Em 24/08/2017 09:31, nasrin khaksar escreveu:
me too.
i downgraded to 5.2, but still calc is inaccessible for me.
every version has many new features for sighted and compatibility for
screen readers!
i completely agree with you walmir.
whats the solution?
should i realy migrate to openoffice?
please advise.

On 8/24/17, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io
<wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,


I am very desappointed with LibreOffice.

Each update brings new compatibility issues with NVDA.

I even downgraded to LibreOffice 5.2 as the only way to minimize the
annoyances.



Em 23/08/2017 22:30, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
I think to summarise the thread, LibreOffice tends to be updated more
often, and more features are accessible. Open Office is still being
updated. I just downloaded the latest version to have another look at
myself.

Re your user, if what they mostly need is a word processor rather than
a full office suite, Jarte is a popular stand-alone word processor.

Another option is Google Docs and Google Sheets etc.

Yes there are potential bugs with the different office suites, and it
depends on exactly what you need to do as to which will best suit your
needs. For instance, yes the mouse bug I mentioned in LibreOffice
causes a fairly bad crash, but if you are a user who doesn't use the
mouse, then you won't encounter it.



On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com
<mailto:sm.everiss@gmail.com>> wrote:

This is serious guys I am trying to teach someone here to use an
office like program that is not expensive ms office, how am I
supposed to use it if there are issues with it that may pop up, I
havn't yet fully started with it but I am half on the way to
getting them to spend the cash on ms office which they allready
know, should I ignore libre and go back to openoffice, wps office
or something else entirely.




On 23/08/2017 11:18 p.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:

So, this is one more issue in using NVDA and LibreOffice..
together.

I've described many of them here, but don't expect them to be
solved because apparently there is no communication between
the developers of both software.



Em 22/08/2017 22:19, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Using NVDA 2017.3 rc1 and LibreOffice Writer 5.3.4.2 I did
the following:

- Opened Word 2016 (I didn't have an old Word 2003
document handy) and typed a few words, saved as Word 97 -
2003 format .doc.
- Opened LibreOffice Writer.
- Opened the document I'd saved.
- Read through document, added some text.
- Saved document, and when prompted, saved in Office 2003
format.

I did notice at that point, the NVDA seemed to lose focus.
Pressing alt twice to go into the menu and back, or
alt+tab to something else and back fixed the issue though.

I tried again and had no problems, although I got the lose
focus thing at one point moving through the text. I
didn't find a concrete way to reproduce that. It's
annoying, but it didn't bring the system down or
anything. The focus itself was still in the document, so
I could still move around and edit, it was just that NVDA
wasn't reading properly so I expect it wouldn't be evident
with NVDA not running. Nothing untoward in the NVDA log
though. I have noticed occasional issues with LibreOffice
so not sure if this is related to using a Word 2003 doc,
or just a general LIbreOffice thing.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net
<mailto:lmddh50@adams.net> <mailto:lmddh50@adams.net
<mailto:lmddh50@adams.net>>> wrote:

Running NVDA 2017.3 RC1 on a Win 10 system.
Just installed LibreOffice and attempted to open and
modify a MS
Office 2003 document. If I change the document and
select to save
it as the original .doc file type it crashes
LibreOffice to the
point of needing a hard reboot to clear it. Is this a
known issue
with trying to use LibreOffice with Microsoft Office
documents?
Thanks







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA
E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess










--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now
available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess



Re: Wordperfect

Arlene
 

It worked good during its time. I mean word perfect 5.1. It only worked for dos.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mk360
Sent: August-27-17 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Wordperfect

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...


El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely
unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


Re: Wordperfect

Arlene
 

Hi, the only word perfect I used was 5.1. It only worked for dos! Not sure if people still use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arnþór Helgason
Sent: August-27-17 1:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Wordperfect

Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible.
Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@simnet.is
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com
kim@kim.is

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is


Re: NVDA 2017.3 released

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
 

will e speak b upgraded with new voices for nvda

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
For crying out loud, knock it off! This has nothing to do with the subject
at hand! Stop it right now!



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

I have faestival and vox voices. I need more for NVDA on my winWindos7Home
pro windos7pro computer I need better voices for NVDA voices for my PC and
Windo eyes jaws Nvda &other voices/screenreaders

On 8/27/17, Vijay Kumar <ca.s.vijaykumar@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Bhavya great help ,would try and please suggest would it
be different if I go with desk top as my option?

Regards
Vijay
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bhavya shah
Sent: 26 August 2017 08:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi Vijay,
Since you are using a laptop without a NumPad, you may have the laptop
keyboard layout selected. In this case, NVDA+A is the keystroke you
need to press to issue a say all.
Thanks.

On 8/26/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
One great thing I've just noticed about this new version of NVDA is
the problem with mIRC has been fixed! It no longer messes it up and
I've disabled it's own speech and switched it back to nvda. This is
so much better as it is faster and I can use the synth of my choice.

Roger














On 8/25/2017 6:31 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


If you are interested I have the speech platform synth and voices in
my drop box account. You need to install the synth run time thingy
first then the tts voices after.


The link to the drop box account is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20e
n
gine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

They are in a zip format at present but after the synth run time
thingy has been installed there are quite a few different voices and
languages to pick from.


I do also have the speech hub package if you want it as well but the
add on will have to be installed as well. I can give directions for
that one but they are in english for voices etc. Just let me know if
you are interested in this one to.


gene nz



On 26/08/2017 01:46, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
so I am stuck with espeak or how do I get new voices with NVDA I
use windos 7 pro

On 8/25/17, Antony Stone<antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
Which extra voices do you mean?

If you are running Windows 10, you already have the OneCore voices.

If you are not running Windows 10, those voices are not available.

I've never heard of any extra voices for OneCore other than those
included as standard with Windows 10.


Antony.

On Friday 25 August 2017 at 15:29:12, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Quentin,

How can I get the extra voices for one core? thanks for any help.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:51 PM To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released

Thank-you Zahra,

And to you also!

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
wrote:

thanks quentin for posting this.

On 8/25/17, Rosemarie Chavarria<knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got it.
>
> From:nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On
Behalf Of
> Quentin Christensen
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:53 PM
> To:nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 released
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2017.3 is out! Highlights of this release include input
of
> contracted braille, support for new Windows OneCore voices
available
> on Windows 10, in-built support for Windows 10 OCR, and many
> significant improvements regarding Braille and the web.
>
> Release notes and download links at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-down
l
oad/
--
"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which you can die.

Please reply
to the list;
please
*don't* CC me.



--
Image NVDA certified expert
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where
you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can
use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To
find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified
expert near you, please visit the following link
https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains
the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the
world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons:
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com Follow me on Twitter
@BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91
7506221750








--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again






--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Wordperfect

mk360
 

Word perfect? WOW! its development continues? I remember Word Perfect 5.1...

El 27/08/2017 a las 17:15, Arnþór Helgason escribió:
Several years ago I tested Wordperfect and it was almost uncompletely unaccessible. Does anyone know if it works now?

I have recently come across Libreoffice which seems quite accessible. Good for those who don't use MS Word.


Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason


Re: Help With Eloquence

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
 

yes I did. but I need the add on to eliqwence for NVDA everything is readey

On 8/27/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
You can't use the jaws eloquence voice because it's tied to Jaws.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.
Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

I need the link 2the jaws add on for NVDA hq please or large voices/addpns
for nvda NVDA is my favorit favorit creenreader in the world

On 8/27/17, mattias <mjonsson1986@gmail.com> wrote:
Open nvda menu insert+n
2 times down Arrow
There is a submenu called codefactory
There should it be

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Gene
Skickat: den 27 augusti 2017 09:54
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

please don't leave the group when you don't want to get mail from it.
Every time you unsubscribe, when you subscribe and send a message, the
first message you send has to be approved. Every new member has to
have his first message approved. This is a setting list
administrators can't change. It is a setting set by the entire list serve
administrator.

Please go nomail so that every time you want to start receiving mail
and discuss something, the first message you send doesn't have to be
approved.
While messages are generally approved quickly or reasonbly promptly,
you may wait many hours perhaps six or eight if neeither the owner or
I look at the list because we are busy or sleeping.
To go nomail, send a blank message to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume receiving mail as individual messages, send a message to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
That will resume single delivery if you have gone nomail.

Regarding your problem, did you shut down NVDA and run it again after
installing the add on?

Also, do you know about the SAPI5 Eloquence from, as I recall Code
Factory?
The eloquence in the add on you are trying has lots of annoying
artifacts.
The SAPI 5 Eloquence sounds as it should. You can get a demo of that
version as well. If you have problems finding it, asking here should
get you the information.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Ibrahim Ajayi
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Help With Eloquence

Hi good people:
I've just installed a copy of codefactory elequence expressive ad on
for NVDA, and I am starting with the trial version.
The program has been properly installed, and I've gone through the
settings. But I cannot find the program in the synthesiser sub-menu
of NVDA.
Please can anyone help me understand what could have gone wrong, or
what I didn't do properly?
Regards.
I am Ibrahim Ajayi from Nigeria.




--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again







--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: Can any one suggest me how to get "DictationBridge.WSRMac?

Muklesur Rahman
 

Hi Antony, here is the link.
http://dictationbridge.com/docs
Thank you.

On 8/28/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
It might help if you give us a URL to the instructions you are trying to
follow.

Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 21:08:49, Muklesur Rahman wrote:

Hello lists, I am trying to assign my computer with dictation bridge.
According to the instruction, I need to copy a file named
"Dictationbridge.WSRMac" into the speech folder but where and how to
get that file is not mentioned. So, please help me. I want to dictate
my computer to write the text.
--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of
people.

Please reply to the
list;
please *don't* CC
me.




Re: Can any one suggest me how to get "DictationBridge.WSRMac?

Antony Stone
 

It might help if you give us a URL to the instructions you are trying to
follow.

Antony.

On Sunday 27 August 2017 at 21:08:49, Muklesur Rahman wrote:

Hello lists, I am trying to assign my computer with dictation bridge.
According to the instruction, I need to copy a file named
"Dictationbridge.WSRMac" into the speech folder but where and how to
get that file is not mentioned. So, please help me. I want to dictate
my computer to write the text.
--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.