Date   

TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Lisa P Geibel
 

Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.
--
Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!


Re: Reading Google Drive for Desktop settings and upload status with NVDA

 

Hello,
I have never seen a google drive icon in the notification area. This is where dropbox shows.
Thanks,

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 5:02 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
Hi,
You can check the status on your Google Drive up loads by pressing windows+B to get to your notification area, and then down arrow until you hear the status of your up loads. NVDA will tell you how much has up loaded to Google Drive, and how much is left. Take care.
 
 
From: Kevin Chao
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Google Drive for Desktop settings and upload status with NVDA
 
Neither are possible, sorry...
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:38 PM Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...> wrote:
Hello,
How can I read the Google Drive for Desktop settings using NVDA?
Also, does anyone know how to check the status of uploading to Google Drive? I like to use Google Drive as if it was Dropbox.
Thanks,



Re: Basic NVDA Training ebook

Quentin Christensen
 

Thank you very much for your kind words Ollie!

It has definitely been a team effort, Mick and Jamie are fantastic to work for and had a good idea of the structure before we started so having the pair who wrote such great software to begin with to collaborate with makes the task much easier.

Knowing that there are so many users who value the product so highly and find the material useful makes it all so worthwhile and rewarding, thank you!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin,

I'm going through the book very thoroughly, because I want to use it to help a friend get started with NVDA, and I don't want to miss any important steps.

I used to work at IBM as a translator in the days when there were "real" technical writers, who could write "real" user's manuals.

I hadn't seen such a well-written, thorough, and complete manual since those days.

I wish to publicly acknowledge the value of this tool, for both beginners and more advanced users.

I would like to encourage whoever can to buy this guide. If you feel you don't need it yourself, consider giving a copy as a valuable gift to someone else, perhaps a friend who can't afford buying it, or simply someone you care for.

This book takes nothing for granted. It explains things and terms in detail, without being pedantic or too verbose. It's just perfect.
Said by someone who spent quite a nice slice of ehr life translating such manuals into Italian... (big grin).

Thanks again to anyone who's contributed to this resource and made it possible.

I'm looking forward to any future material coming from you.

Ciao, with lots of gratitude,
Ollie






--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I'm thinking of subscribing to that list too.

-----Original Message-----
From: nasrin khaksar [mailto:nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 12:28 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

users+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org

On 4/17/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hello.
thanks.
you can visit there website and even subscribe in there users mailing list.
the libreoffice website is:

www.libreoffice.org

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking of trying libre office again. Where could I get a good
tutorial

on it?

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:49 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

hello.
did you try libreoffice?
i use only libreoffice and i believe that no need to continue using
microsoft office with this great and accessible open source office
program.

On 4/16/16, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation
setting and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped
reading all buttons and would announce unknown and for links and
context menus it stopped reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about
it please let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly
till last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then
NVDA has encountered the following issues and basically become
unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces
Unknown 2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start
button 3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts,
recents, chats and everything except for announcing Skype when I
alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu
quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office
installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins
them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good
things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from
them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for]
those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the
light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org







--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org




--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages al-islam.org


Re: any help system?

Gene
 

What kind of help?  NVDA has the same kind of help system as JAWS where, using the desktop layout, NVDA plus the number 1 on the main keyboard toggles input help on and off.  If input help is on, you can press different keys and combinations of keys to see if you get a description of what they do.
 
There is a keys reference guide in the help menu. 
NVDA N to open the menu in the desktop keyboard layout.
Find help in the menu and press enter.
Then look around in the help submenu you are in.
 
Gene
----- original message -----

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:59 PM
Subject: [nvda] any help system?

Good afternoon list.  Is there a help system in nvda say like in jaws to get help like around you for what keys you can use? Thanks in advance; Marv


any help system?

marvin kotler
 

Good afternoon list.  Is there a help system in nvda say like in jaws to get help like around you for what keys you can use? Thanks in advance; Marv


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Lenron
 

I used it at one point because I heard it worked better than the payed version.

On 4/17/16, mk360 <mk.seventhson@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I can pay, but the first condition is that the paid versions works as
fine or better that the alternative, and as reviews as been said, that
is not the case.
However, I know that in the list we can't speak about that alternative,
so I don't understand why the people speak about it.

Regards,
mk.

El 17-04-2016 a las 8:04, Greg Wocher escribió:
Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some
food for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you
give NVDA and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the
Code Factory add on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let
you all know if it gets rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@sasktel.net>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5
implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some
searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I
found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and
saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the
product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the
case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a
trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia











--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762


RCA cambio tablets with NVDA

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

has anyone tried the RCA cambio windows 10 tablets with NVDA? if so do they work good?

--
Ice Hockey is fun to watch on TV


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

mk360
 

Hi,

I can pay, but the first condition is that the paid versions works as fine or better that the alternative, and as reviews as been said, that is not the case.
However, I know that in the list we can't speak about that alternative, so I don't understand why the people speak about it.

Regards,
mk.

El 17-04-2016 a las 8:04, Greg Wocher escribió:
Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing. The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@sasktel.net> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA, such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Business Website (KJS Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia








Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

 

users+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org

On 4/17/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hello.
thanks.
you can visit there website and even subscribe in there users mailing list.
the libreoffice website is:

www.libreoffice.org

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking of trying libre office again. Where could I get a good
tutorial

on it?

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:49 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

hello.
did you try libreoffice?
i use only libreoffice and i believe that no need to continue using
microsoft office with this great and accessible open source office
program.

On 4/16/16, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation
setting
and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped reading all
buttons
and would announce unknown and for links and context menus it stopped
reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about it
please
let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly
till
last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then NVDA
has
encountered the following issues and basically become unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces Unknown
2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start button
3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts, recents,
chats
and everything except for announcing Skype when I alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu
quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office
installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org







--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org



--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

 

hello.
thanks.
you can visit there website and even subscribe in there users mailing list.
the libreoffice website is:

www.libreoffice.org

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking of trying libre office again. Where could I get a good tutorial

on it?

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:49 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

hello.
did you try libreoffice?
i use only libreoffice and i believe that no need to continue using
microsoft office with this great and accessible open source office
program.

On 4/16/16, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation
setting
and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped reading all
buttons
and would announce unknown and for links and context menus it stopped
reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about it
please
let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly till
last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then NVDA
has
encountered the following issues and basically become unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces Unknown
2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start button
3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts, recents,
chats
and everything except for announcing Skype when I alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu
quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office
installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,

I'm thinking of trying libre office again. Where could I get a good tutorial on it?

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:49 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reads Unknown with Windows 10 issue

hello.
did you try libreoffice?
i use only libreoffice and i believe that no need to continue using
microsoft office with this great and accessible open source office
program.

On 4/16/16, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I used system restore to go back to a pre office 2013 installation setting
and NVDA started reading again. Basically it had stopped reading all buttons
and would announce unknown and for links and context menus it stopped
reading all together.

In case any of you have faced this problem or know aanything about it please
let me know.

Regards
Mohit

On 16-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Mohit Singla <bookscoffeeme@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA 2016.1 with Windows 10 and it was working perfectly till
last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I installed MS Office 2013 Professional+, since then NVDA has
encountered the following issues and basically become unusable:
1. It has stopped reading the taskbar items and just announces Unknown
2. It has stopped reading the context menu on the Start button
3. It has stopped reading every thing in Skype ie contacts, recents, chats
and everything except for announcing Skype when I alt + tab to it
4 In outlook if I hit the application key it reads the context menu
quickly but if I arrow down to any item it does not read it

I am not sure why this is happenning and if it is due to the office
installation or a windows update.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Mohit






--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,

It might have been another member who was struggling to switch to NVDA. I've been using it full-time now since 2011.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:52 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Hi Rosemary,
I am sure it will - there has already been significant interest in a
regional Indian community about availing similar training material and
modules in the Gujarati language for the benefit of their convenience.
Discussions are going on there currently, and I am about to send them
the link of Basic Training for NVDA ebook and its sample chapters as
requested.
I also recall a particular member, perhaps you Rosemary or most likely
someone else, that certain hearing cum visually impaired computer
users were struggling to switch to NVDA due to lack of textual
documentation, which is a problem solved now.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I’m sure eventually the new training material for NVDA will be translated
into other languages. Yes, I think it will make things easier for people to
switch from Jaws to NVDA.

Rosemarie



From: Supanut Leepaisomboon
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:25 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training
material now available!

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. With this training material, I think trying to
promote NVDA in a country like Thailand where most visually-impaired users
still use Jaws should be easier as they would at least know there is a
reliable training material to refer to, albeit in English, which may pose a
problem for visually-impaired Thais who can't understand English well, but
hopefully one day this material will be translated into other languages
including Thai.

Having used NVDA for a while, and having actually used it in real-world
situation in the classroom, I'm now feeling confident to actually start
promoting NVDA on a large-scale in Thailand, with the goal of it eventually
replacing Jaws as the main screen reader for blind people in Thailand.



--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

As per list instructions, I will not promote, defend usage of or initiate discussion of the said 'illegal' version of Eloquence that is rather popular among users of all kinds. Without getting too political, my biggest beef with the situation is the the copyright/patent holders (after transfer numberous times--I forget who it is now) they ban unauthorized usage, but won't sell it via single or group license to anyone who doesn't already have it like Freedom Scientific and G.W. Micro/whatever the company name is for the new conglomerate.

The Code factory SAPI 5 is passable and I have indeed purchased a copy. I downloaded a demo of the legal version synthesizer from Code Factory and it has numerous issues--many of which have already been discussed on this list. When I e-mailed Code Factory a number of times about future updates and whether or not I could test them with a new demo for 7 days, I received no responses. (Maybe there's a language barrier--since the page is obviously written by non English speakers--but It's difficult to definitively determine.)

Just my 2 centavos.

On 4/17/2016 10:44 AM, Afrim wrote:
Hello Greg,
I see this point in a different prospective.
When you buy a product, what do you consider to be worth the price?
Do you know when was the last time Eloquence was updated? It's been many
years so far.
If eloquence was sold to code factory for a greater purpose in terms of
development and TTS progression, I would be more than happy to pay. Despite
being the best TTS and the most comprehensive voice amongst all, eloquence
actually faces many issues. The most important one is the group of crashing
word which crashes the eloquence so badly. Secondly, this add-on from code
factory is very unintegrated because there are few and probably no words in
the dictionary wordlist. For example, "Mr." is pronounced just M R or etc is
pronounced "etk". The list goes on and on and I promise that you will be
required to add a lot of abriviations which are used today.
When I see all these issues, I don't feel like buying it because the money
I'm spending is nearly being wasted.
I would rather prefer to buy another TTS like Ivona or acapela because I
have eloquence and it is working pretty good.
No bad reputation is created upon users of a free and open source program
because anyone who's good at programming can freely modify the application
in the way he wants. It's too easy, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Wocher [mailto:gwocher@gwocher.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:05 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food
for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA
and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add
on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets
rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@sasktel.net>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some
searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I
found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and
saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the
product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the
case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a
trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter at:
kjsapergia










--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Basic NVDA Training ebook

Mallard <mallard@...>
 

Hello Quentin,

I'm going through the book very thoroughly, because I want to use it to help a friend get started with NVDA, and I don't want to miss any important steps.

I used to work at IBM as a translator in the days when there were "real" technical writers, who could write "real" user's manuals.

I hadn't seen such a well-written, thorough, and complete manual since those days.

I wish to publicly acknowledge the value of this tool, for both beginners and more advanced users.

I would like to encourage whoever can to buy this guide. If you feel you don't need it yourself, consider giving a copy as a valuable gift to someone else, perhaps a friend who can't afford buying it, or simply someone you care for.

This book takes nothing for granted. It explains things and terms in detail, without being pedantic or too verbose. It's just perfect.
Said by someone who spent quite a nice slice of ehr life translating such manuals into Italian... (big grin).

Thanks again to anyone who's contributed to this resource and made it possible.

I'm looking forward to any future material coming from you.

Ciao, with lots of gratitude,
Ollie


Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Laz
 

That's strange. It still works here. The command to get the current
weather seems to be a bit finicky but it should work. I find that I
sometimes have to press the NVDA plus W command several times for it
to work.

Laz

On 4/17/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Laz,
Thanks. Got it and installed it, but it didn't work. Oh well. Nothing
lost or gained. Maybe one day it will be back.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/16/16 11:27 AM, Laz wrote:
You can get it from this page:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Just look for the word weather.

Laz

On 4/16/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Laz and all,
I'll try it. Do any of you have a direct link to find this or do I just
look for something to do with weather by this person? Thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/15/16 10:49 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
I have this installed and found that over the past several days it
failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@icloud.com> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo
API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?





--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad




--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Afrim <afrim.maja@...>
 

Hello Greg,
I see this point in a different prospective.
When you buy a product, what do you consider to be worth the price?
Do you know when was the last time Eloquence was updated? It's been many
years so far.
If eloquence was sold to code factory for a greater purpose in terms of
development and TTS progression, I would be more than happy to pay. Despite
being the best TTS and the most comprehensive voice amongst all, eloquence
actually faces many issues. The most important one is the group of crashing
word which crashes the eloquence so badly. Secondly, this add-on from code
factory is very unintegrated because there are few and probably no words in
the dictionary wordlist. For example, "Mr." is pronounced just M R or etc is
pronounced "etk". The list goes on and on and I promise that you will be
required to add a lot of abriviations which are used today.
When I see all these issues, I don't feel like buying it because the money
I'm spending is nearly being wasted.
I would rather prefer to buy another TTS like Ivona or acapela because I
have eloquence and it is working pretty good.
No bad reputation is created upon users of a free and open source program
because anyone who's good at programming can freely modify the application
in the way he wants. It's too easy, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Wocher [mailto:gwocher@gwocher.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:05 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Hello,
I want to give those of you who use the illegal eloquence add on some food
for thought. When you do it and proudly proclaim that you do, you give NVDA
and its users a bad reputation. I think I may purchase the Code Factory add
on later this afternoon from AT Guys and I will let you all know if it gets
rid of the choppiness.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On 4/17/2016 5:32 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:
My sentiments exactly.

-----Original Message----- From: Afrim
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:40 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code
Factory

I have been using the old add-on of eloquonce someone made, and I am
not going to pay for a program that does essentially the same thing.
The add-on I am talking about works so fast and reliably.
cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@sasktel.net>
wrote:

Hi,

Recently, there was a discussion about alternative voices for NVDA,
such as Code Factory's add-on with Eloquence and Vocalizer. I
mentioned that when I tried this particular product, I noticed that
Eloquence sounded quite choppy compared to other screen readers and
other synths I have for NVDA on my machine running Windows 7.
I also never experienced this with Code Factory's SAPI 5 implementation.
Anyway, I got thinking about it this evening, and decided to do some
searching to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues. I
found a thread about the add-on in the old NVDA list's archive, and
saw a message stating that the choppiness would go away once the
product was paid for. I was just wondering if this is indeed the
case? If yes, it's not what I'd consider the best way to limit a
trial version, but I might buy it after all.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
http://www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net Business Website (KJS
Productions): http://www.kjsproductions.com Follow me on Twitter at:
kjsapergia







Re: Any updates on Weather Plus?

Rémy Ruiz
 

Hi everybody,

FYI:
Weather plus no longer works any more...

the author of the addon tells us

Hi to every one,

Unfortunately yahoo, in this month has decided to distort the services offered by its APIS and Wp now no longer works.
Now to get all the data it is necessary to make a cycle of calls, and this in addition to increase the waiting time of response, also requires a appkeyy obtainable through registration.
To adapt WP to the use of the new API should distort heavily the code...
So that I can write a new Addon and now I have found and I am studying a new service API that seems to promise good and which I hope can afford to completely, replace Weather Plus.
This is:
http://api.openweathermap.org.

Adriano.

In this page is a oldest version...
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm
but
it didn't work.
Cheers.
Rémy


Le 17/04/2016 12:52, Lisa P Geibel a écrit :

Hi Laz,
Thanks. Got it and installed it, but it didn't work. Oh well. Nothing lost or gained. Maybe one day it will be back.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/16/16 11:27 AM, Laz wrote:
You can get it from this page:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Just look for the word weather.

Laz

On 4/16/16, Lisa P Geibel <lisapgeibel429@...> wrote:
Hi Laz and all,
I'll try it. Do any of you have a direct link to find this or do I just
look for something to do with weather by this person? Thanks.

Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@...
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ldporter1
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LisaLisa429
Philmore box shared with hubby:
773-572-7897
God bless everyone!!!

On 4/15/16 10:49 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
I have this installed and found that over the past several days it
failed to work. However it appears to be functioning today.

Andrea


On 16/04/2016 12:35 PM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
strange because I can not get that one to work either.


On 4/15/2016 9:34 AM, Laz wrote:
The old weather add-on by Storm is still working...

Laz

On 4/14/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
According to other threads on this list, it has to do with the yahoo
API.
Anyone?

On Apr 13, 2016, at 19:26, Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway@...> wrote:

I am wondering this as well, when i try and add my zip code i get a
message about my internet connection not bing there but I know I am
connected to the internet can anyone please help?

On 4/13/2016 8:55 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
HI listers
I've been offList a few weeks, thus sorry if this has been covered
before. Any update on Weather Plus or its new AddOn for NVDA?













--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad













Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Rosemary,
I am sure it will - there has already been significant interest in a
regional Indian community about availing similar training material and
modules in the Gujarati language for the benefit of their convenience.
Discussions are going on there currently, and I am about to send them
the link of Basic Training for NVDA ebook and its sample chapters as
requested.
I also recall a particular member, perhaps you Rosemary or most likely
someone else, that certain hearing cum visually impaired computer
users were struggling to switch to NVDA due to lack of textual
documentation, which is a problem solved now.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I’m sure eventually the new training material for NVDA will be translated
into other languages. Yes, I think it will make things easier for people to
switch from Jaws to NVDA.

Rosemarie



From: Supanut Leepaisomboon
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:25 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training
material now available!

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. With this training material, I think trying to
promote NVDA in a country like Thailand where most visually-impaired users
still use Jaws should be easier as they would at least know there is a
reliable training material to refer to, albeit in English, which may pose a
problem for visually-impaired Thais who can't understand English well, but
hopefully one day this material will be translated into other languages
including Thai.

Having used NVDA for a while, and having actually used it in real-world
situation in the classroom, I'm now feeling confident to actually start
promoting NVDA on a large-scale in Thailand, with the goal of it eventually
replacing Jaws as the main screen reader for blind people in Thailand.


--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: NVDA con

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Kenni,
To give you a rough idea of not only the timings for the opener forum
user general chat session but the whole conference agenda in its
totality, please visit www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php
In case you have issues with time conversion from UTC to your own,
feel free to revert for more assistance.
Thanks.

On 4/17/16, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific on the 21st, 8 PM Eastern and elsewhere).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny Peyattt jr. [mailto:p.wildcat1234@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:04 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA con

What time does the nvda confference start on the 22?
Kenny Peyatt jr.






--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09