Date   

Re: Pronounciation Dictionary

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Go to preferences, down cursor a few times and you can there find dictionaries. Use the voice dictionary for the best effect, but be very careful what you change as undesired things can occur in other words containing the string. This is where regular expressions can be used. There is I think still an article on this aspect on the nv access web site, unless its been taken off.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Traxler" <howard@traxlerenterprises.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:41 PM
Subject: [nvda] Pronounciation Dictionary


How and where would one find and edit the Pronounciation Dictionary in NVDA? I would prefer my computer to say TXT and not change it to say text. I've grown so used to it over the years, I'd like it baqck. Thanks anybody.
Howard


Ie 9 vs Firefox, was...Re: [nvda] Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Could one ask you why you use IE and not Firefox. I'm not saying you should not but from my perspective ie 9 is full of problems on modern web sitees Try Firefox 52 if you have an older operating system instead of ie, you can copy over all the bookmarks/favourites and the ad blockers available for it work better as well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo" <ochikodinaka@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?


sorry. I use ie9or hirer sorry I don't use firefox.org

On 9/19/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hey Gene,


Thanks mate, I've got something to send you off list.


Tony



On 9/18/2017 7:22 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi Tony


The below is off the nvda audio tutorials page

it fixed my problem

Troubleshooting - NVDA says “unknown” or “pane” in all of your browsers,
Mozilla Thunderbird email client and other places
If for some reason you have problems with NVDA saying “unknown” or “pane”
check for the following symptoms:

In all of your browsers, or the Mozilla Thunderbird email client, no matter
what you do, you still hear “unknown” or “pane”.

In the browser, email client and other menus you notice you cannot get into
your menus, or you are unable to use the quick navigation keys

When you have been told the page is loaded and notice strange behaviour

Mozilla Thunderbird saying unknown while you try to navigate it

Your applications key does not work with it being spoken out and other
strange behaviour in Windows

The running applications icons are not being spoken out
It might be a good idea to do the following:
Please note: If you are hearing “unknown” or “pane” (as discussed above)
NVDA might seem like it is still working properly but it may not be
completely in Windows and other programmes.
You could try the following solution which will allow you to re-register
your dll files in case they are causing the problem.
Press the Windows key then type the following into the search box. Type in
“command prompt”. Once you have located command prompt, in the search
results, press the Applications key to bring up the context menu. Arrow down
to select “run as administrator” and press the Enter key. This will take you
to a command prompt window. This will not be spoken out. You may need
sighted assistance for this.
Type in the following command
for %x in (c:\windows\system32\*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %x
This should re-register all components in the system32 folder.
When it is finished, you can close the command prompt window with the Alt +
F4 key. You should notice now where NVDA was saying “unknown” as in some
examples given, NVDA should now read the icons in the running applications
area of Windows, speak the content of the webpage and menus, and also in
Mozilla Thunderbird and other places in Windows including the Windows
applications context menu.


if the above does not fix it then we can try the other suggested stuff from
jamie.



On 9/19/2017 10:59 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hey Gene,


Yeah, I think it is that same bug in a different but more powerful
incarnation. It is not just affecting web browsers, and email
clients,programs like word, excel, 7.zip, Nero, and anything with a context
menu across the board are all having some sort of issue or just not wanting
to work at all. Sounds like a job for the command to re-register the system
32 folder.

Tony
On 9/16/2017 5:47 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

hi Tony


Is it doing the following in short? it will not read any thing in your
browsers except edge in windows 10? can you get to any of the menus in fire
fox etc? Down where the running applications area is does nvda say unknown
as you arrow through that section? If you use the context menu will it speak
any of the items in it? I am wondering if is that bug?


have a look on my nvda audio tutorials page and go to the section on trouble
shooting and look for the heading that says unknown or pane for windows
10.


I can not remember either but there is a patch etc but can not remember if
it is on that page as well. it might only be for windows 7 or 8 machines?


have a look at this ticket and read the comments down near the bottom. The
link to this page is
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807#issuecomment-320149243

The steps that fixed a friends computer is on my nvda audio tutorials page.
but check out the comments first for the ticket.


Gene nz




On 16/09/2017 15:20, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,


I don't have that one however, I do have something similar. In firefox, and
a bunch of other apps on my machine, nvda doesn't read the menu bars, tab
controls, or certain textual areas of windows. Really odd, it happened
after installing the most recent set of updates for windows 10 version 1607.
Called the Microsoft disability answer desk and its got them scratching
their heads as well


Tony

On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone else have this problem:
Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab
key.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs<http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>


[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.
www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.


--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.



--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

Tony Ballou
 

Hi,


Absolutely, just place the focus on the misspelled word and press the
applications key or shift-f10.  NVDA will say context menu and a list of
choices for the word that you want will come up. Arrow to the word that
you want and press enter.  You can also add words to the dictionary,
have it ignore words, and a few other cool things too.  Hope this helps.


tony

On 9/20/2017 1:44 AM, Shweta Mishra wrote:
hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!


Re: NVDA voices

Peter Beasley
 

I installed it and I am not at all impressed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA voices

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/access32.nvda-addon
On 9/19/2017 7:53 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible. I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes. On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes. I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA. That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion. So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.





--

Casey




Re: Some accessible good blogging platform

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I think he was making a distinction between wordpress as a platform and the online wordpress.com which is probably why you have issues. I have to say, I've never tried either, but I think perhaps the person who posted this distinction assumes we all know what he means when we do not.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Oros" <marco.oros93@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some accessible good blogging platform


About Wordpress I wrote, It stopped to be an accessible. I also have a question. This second blog is accessible really, or not?
And also, have You tried Tumblr?
Thank You.
Marco


Re: Customizing Announcement of Command Keys

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I'm still having out of memory issues with clipspeak in word, but its spurious as if you ignore it and say ok it pastes in any case.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Customizing Announcement of Command Keys


Hello Quentin!

Please, see:

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Quentin Christensen
Data: 19 de setembro de 2017 09:07
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Customizing Announcement of Command Keys


Clipspeak will read the following commands:

CTRL+A: Select all
CTRL+Z: Undo
CTRL+Y: Redo
CTRL+X: Cut
CTRL+C: Copy
CTRL+V: Paste

Is that what you are after? https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html


The idea of a more customisable "speak command keys" comes up from time to time, but the problem is everyone wants different things. My idea would probably be to have a simple set of options, say checkboxes for groups of keys like:
- function keys
- arrow keys
- modifier keys


etc.


If anyone has a really clear and widely useful variant on that they'd really like to see, do feel free to write it up on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues


Regards


Quentin.


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:42 AM, David Kingsbury <davidkingsbury77@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am aware that if you go into the NVDA menu keyboard settings, it is possible to turn on and off the announcement of command keys. I am wondering if there is any way to customize this. I want to hear NVDA say control C when I copy text, control V when I paste, but it is very annoying to hear down arrow every time I hit the down arrow. Can I set this so I can hear some of these keystrokes, but not others?

Thanks for any help on this.
David Kingsbury









--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/


www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess




Re: Latest Next snap update as portable will not restart

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

As an aside. If you let it update and do not tick the restart box, all is then well and one can manually start it if you shut it down first. I tested this with a batch file yesterday.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Next snap update as portable will not restart


I'll have to actually test that as I have not updated my portable copy of nvda as of yet.

Take care
On Sep 19, 2017, at 4:55 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Anyone had issues with next snaps as portable versions when you select the start after its finished updating box all goes quiet. You have to tab once, hit space then boot in another copy of nvda. The log looks to me like its not actually teerminating the old nvda to me, which may or may not be the issue. anyone care to commeent, or is this yet a further manifestation of the .dic files issue?
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Create Portable NVDA dialog To create a portable copy of NVDA, please select the path and other options and then press Continue']
IO - speech.speak (12:45:56.059):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Portable directory: grouping']
IO - speech.speak (12:45:56.073):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Browse... button']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:45:56.826):
Input: kb(desktop):tab
IO - speech.speak (12:45:56.888):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Start the new portable copy after creation check box not checked Alt+s']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:45:58.490):
Input: kb(desktop):space
IO - speech._speakSpellingGen (12:45:58.496):
Speaking character u'space'
DEBUG - queueHandler.registerGeneratorObject (12:45:58.496):
Adding generator 7
DEBUG - queueHandler.pumpAll (12:45:58.507):
generator 7 finished
IO - speech.speak (12:45:58.605):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'checked']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:45:59.387):
Input: kb(desktop):tab
IO - speech.speak (12:45:59.426):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Continue button Alt+c']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:46:00.378):
Input: kb(desktop):space
IO - speech._speakSpellingGen (12:46:00.384):
Speaking character u'space'
DEBUG - queueHandler.registerGeneratorObject (12:46:00.384):
Adding generator 8
IO - speech.speak (12:46:00.384):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'pressed']
DEBUG - queueHandler.pumpAll (12:46:00.400):
generator 8 finished
IO - speech.speak (12:46:00.676):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Creating Portable Copy dialog Please wait while a portable copy of NVDA is created.']
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:00.976):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib\next-14432,821b31df\tmptgy6zd, marking for delete on reboot
IO - tones.beep (12:46:01.470):
Beep at pitch 440, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
IO - speech.speak (12:46:01.476):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Please wait']
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:01.477):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib\next-14432,821b31df\tmpv_cnld, marking for delete on reboot
IO - tones.beep (12:46:01.523):
Beep at pitch 110.0, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
IO - speech.speak (12:46:01.529):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'0 percent']
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:01.993):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib\tmpzn_1rc, marking for delete on reboot
IO - tones.beep (12:46:02.486):
Beep at pitch 440, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:02.513):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib64\next-14432,821b31df\tmpjj2ego, marking for delete on reboot
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:03.013):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib64\next-14432,821b31df\tmpixzn30, marking for delete on reboot
IO - tones.beep (12:46:03.500):
Beep at pitch 440, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
DEBUGWARNING - installer.tryRemoveFile (12:46:03.529):
Failed to delete file C:\nvda extra\lib64\tmpucgbwe, marking for delete on reboot
IO - tones.beep (12:46:04.513):
Beep at pitch 440, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
IO - tones.beep (12:46:04.739):
Beep at pitch 1760, for 40 ms, left volume 50, right volume 50
IO - speech.speak (12:46:04.789):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Success dialog Successfully created a portable copy of NVDA at C:\\nvda extra']
IO - speech.speak (12:46:04.801):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'OK button']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:46:07.473):
Input: kb(desktop):enter
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:46:07.558):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.598):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Creating Portable Copy dialog Please wait while a portable copy of NVDA is created.']
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.602):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Creating Portable Copy']
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:46:07.684):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.730):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Downloads - Mozilla Firefox']
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.769):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Downloads']
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.769):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'list']
IO - speech.speak (12:46:07.786):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'nvda_snapshot_next-14456,d8cc508f.exe 21.4 MB \u2014 windows.net \u2014 12:45 Open Containing Folder 1 of 1']


If I knew how to explain it I'd make a new issue chuckle. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.



Re: NVDA voices

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well I'll plug the one I contributed back in the start of Espeak, namely Quincy. I picked the name as no other voice started with a q.
Its meant for tinny laptops.
However I tend to use it all the time now.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA voices


hello.
iven3 with pitch 50 is extremely excellent!
i love it very much.
you can give it a try.
hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/20/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
hello jeffdreams I hit NVDAkey w shift no nothing hipin

On 9/20/17, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/access32.nvda-addon
On 9/19/2017 7:53 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it
cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible. I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes. On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes. I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA. That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion. So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.





--

Casey







--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well I have a friend who just loves Mr Eloquence with all his lisping and apparent alein ness. I think it has to do with understandability at huge speeds to some people and the fact they are very responsive, but really the cost when you realise what else you get as well is not huge is it?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Gamages" <james.gamage@btinternet.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost


Hello,

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but surely there cannot be a genuine
NVDA add on for the voices which I wil not mention as they are a banned
topic? Code factory Vocaliser may be legal, but not the other, I had to
pay for my Vocaliser voices and they cost me about "£70 years ago, these
are now available as a stand alone item and not tied to NVDA.
For those who just cannot afford extra voices, the Microsoft ones are
quite good and are, of course, free with the Microsoft system.

As to the illegal subject, why anyone would want these outdated voices
beats me.
Take care.



Best Regards, Jim.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized
voice pack cost

Hi,
As the owner of the NVDA add-ons list, I'm considering enacting address
ban if I hear reports of the moderated person jumping over to the
add-ons list to vent frustrations.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized
voice pack cost

As I stated in an email a few weeks ago when this person started posting
on the list, he will continue posting nonsensical messages, off topic
messages, and violate list rules until he is removed. He apparently
doesn't pay much attentionn to messages in reply to his questions and
will continue repeating things over and over until stopped. Moderation
is the least of possible solutions to this situation.

Good luck Nimer and Gene!

Laz

On 9/19/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

I don't know why he is doing it and we have no basis to assume
anything.
I doubt it is intentional rudeness. I would say that people should
simply not comment on any post by Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo unless he asks a new and useful question. Repetitive
questions, the same question four times in a month or even twice in
a month or six months, should simply be ignored.

It is not useful to have a debate on list about Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo or his posts. If such unproductive debates
continue, I shall lock all threads where such debates begin.

If Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo is too outrageous, I shall
moderate him. Moderation means that I shall see every post from him
and have to approve each post before it reaches the list. If I do
that, I shall simply not approve repetitive questions nor questions
that in any way, promote sites where illegal activity occurs. .

I'm explaining all this because Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo sent a post yesterday in which he seemed to indicate that he
didn't know what being moderated means and because there may be
other list members who don't know.

I am not the list owner and if he wishes to deal with this matter
differently, that is what he will do as list owner. I've stated
what I will do unless the owner wishes something different to be
done.

Also, on further consideration, I've changed my mind about how long
moderation will last. It will last at least two months and whether
it is lifted will depend on the kinds of posts Mr. Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo sends for approval.


Gene

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all
tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and
100% personal responsibility.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in
civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all
corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of
your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again




Re: using facebook

anthony borg
 

Hi

Can you please send me the instructions of how to use tw-blue?

Thanks in advance

Anthony  

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: 19 September 2017 23:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using facebook

 

Hi,

I use TW Blue, and it is a client that installs on your computer that you can use twitter from, just like an email client.

TW Blue, connects to your twitter account, and you never have to get on any web site at all.

There is even a portable version of TW Blue, that you can use on your flash drive on any computer to do everything with Twitter.

It is just like an email client. I do use NVDA with TW Blue, and it works great.

For more questions, just let me know.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using facebook

 

Well no I have never used any of those.

Brian

 

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal email to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gerardo Corripio" <gera1027@...>

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:25 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] using facebook

 

 

> For Twitter, there's TwBlue from

> https://twblue.es/downloads/

> firstly and most importantly, very very compatible with NVDA; it's very

> easy/intuitive to use since it has both a graphic interface, as well as if

> you've used Qwitter, The Qube and others similar, a similar interface to

> these.

> El 19/09/2017 a las 06:26 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

> escribió:

>> Yes I gave up even trying to understand it, Even on the mobile site.

>> Is there a blind friendly client for any of the so called social media

>> sites that are easy to use?

>> I don't want them to rule my life, but of late so much information I'm

>> expected to know about is on Twitter or Facebook its beginning to look

>> like I'll have to bite the bullet again. Maybe I can employ a young

>> person to do it for me!

>> Brian

>> 

>> bglists@...

>> Sent via blueyonder.

>> Please address personal email to:-

>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

>> in the display name field.

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş"

>> <enes.saribas@...>

>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

>> Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 11:49 PM

>> Subject: [nvda] using facebook

>> 

>> 

>>> hi,

>>> 

>>> How do you guys use facebook with nvda? In particular, searching group

>>> posts and viewing the results, but most actions seem laggy. Also, nvda

>>> randomly jumps around on the page.

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

> --

> Gera

> Enviado desde Thunderbird

>

>

 

 

 

 


Re: does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

Shweta Mishra
 

thanks friends! I'll try the suggested methods.

On 9/20/17, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hello.
if you use nvda 2017.3 and later,
• In Browse mode for Microsoft Word, it is now possible to navigate to
spelling errors using quick navigation (w and shift+w).

hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/20/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi!

NVDA doesn't implement the spelling functionality itself, so it will be
up
to how the program handles it. I just noticed Firefox has an option to
check spelling when I looked in my options, but it isn't announcing
errors
for me, so I can't check, but maybe try pressing the applications or
context menu key when you are on a spelling error? That works in Word at
least.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Shweta Mishra
<shweta.mishra668@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org



--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.


Re: NVDA voices

 

hello.
iven3 with pitch 50 is extremely excellent!
i love it very much.
you can give it a try.
hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/20/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
hello jeffdreams I hit NVDAkey w shift no nothing hipin

On 9/20/17, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/access32.nvda-addon
On 9/19/2017 7:53 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it
cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible. I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes. On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes. I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA. That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion. So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.





--

Casey







--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again




--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

The Gamages
 

Hello,

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but surely there cannot be a genuine
NVDA add on for the voices which I wil not mention as they are a banned
topic? Code factory Vocaliser may be legal, but not the other, I had to
pay for my Vocaliser voices and they cost me about "£70 years ago, these
are now available as a stand alone item and not tied to NVDA.
For those who just cannot afford extra voices, the Microsoft ones are
quite good and are, of course, free with the Microsoft system.

As to the illegal subject, why anyone would want these outdated voices
beats me.
Take care.



Best Regards, Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized
voice pack cost

Hi,
As the owner of the NVDA add-ons list, I'm considering enacting address
ban if I hear reports of the moderated person jumping over to the
add-ons list to vent frustrations.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized
voice pack cost

As I stated in an email a few weeks ago when this person started posting
on the list, he will continue posting nonsensical messages, off topic
messages, and violate list rules until he is removed. He apparently
doesn't pay much attentionn to messages in reply to his questions and
will continue repeating things over and over until stopped. Moderation
is the least of possible solutions to this situation.

Good luck Nimer and Gene!

Laz

On 9/19/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

I don't know why he is doing it and we have no basis to assume
anything.
I doubt it is intentional rudeness. I would say that people should
simply not comment on any post by Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo unless he asks a new and useful question. Repetitive
questions, the same question four times in a month or even twice in
a month or six months, should simply be ignored.

It is not useful to have a debate on list about Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo or his posts. If such unproductive debates
continue, I shall lock all threads where such debates begin.

If Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo is too outrageous, I shall
moderate him. Moderation means that I shall see every post from him
and have to approve each post before it reaches the list. If I do
that, I shall simply not approve repetitive questions nor questions
that in any way, promote sites where illegal activity occurs. .

I'm explaining all this because Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum
Oguledo sent a post yesterday in which he seemed to indicate that he
didn't know what being moderated means and because there may be
other list members who don't know.

I am not the list owner and if he wishes to deal with this matter
differently, that is what he will do as list owner. I've stated
what I will do unless the owner wishes something different to be
done.

Also, on further consideration, I've changed my mind about how long
moderation will last. It will last at least two months and whether
it is lifted will depend on the kinds of posts Mr. Chikodinaka
Nickarandidum Oguledo sends for approval.


Gene

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all
tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and
100% personal responsibility.

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in
civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all
corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of
your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again




Re: does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

 

hello.
if you use nvda 2017.3 and later,
• In Browse mode for Microsoft Word, it is now possible to navigate to
spelling errors using quick navigation (w and shift+w).

hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/20/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi!

NVDA doesn't implement the spelling functionality itself, so it will be up
to how the program handles it. I just noticed Firefox has an option to
check spelling when I looked in my options, but it isn't announcing errors
for me, so I can't check, but maybe try pressing the applications or
context menu key when you are on a spelling error? That works in Word at
least.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Shweta Mishra <shweta.mishra668@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.




--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi!

NVDA doesn't implement the spelling functionality itself, so it will be up to how the program handles it.  I just noticed Firefox has an option to check spelling when I looked in my options, but it isn't announcing errors for me, so I can't check, but maybe try pressing the applications or context menu key when you are on a spelling error?  That works in Word at least.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Shweta Mishra <shweta.mishra668@...> wrote:
hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 


does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

Shweta Mishra
 

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.


does NVDA have any feature to suggest correct spelling

Shweta Mishra
 

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.


Re: NVDA voices

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
 

hello jeffdreams I hit NVDAkey w shift no nothing hipin

On 9/20/17, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:
http://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/access32.nvda-addon
On 9/19/2017 7:53 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it
cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible. I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes. On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes. I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA. That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion. So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.





--

Casey






--
for if you persavear. you will conker never fear. try try try again


Re: NVDA voices

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

On 9/19/2017 7:53 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible. I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes. On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes. I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA. That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion. So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.





--

Casey



Re: NVDA voices

Casey <cwollner@...>
 

Hi where do you go to get this access 32 syn and is it fore or does it cost?

And if there is A price for it how much coes it cost?




On 9/19/2017 9:12 PM, Don H wrote:
I have always thought that the E speak voice is terrible.  I only
switched to NVDA after I found out that there was the Access32 syn
that sounded just like the syn I had used for twenty years with Window
Eyes.  On my system I have removed Window Eyes and do have Jaws
installed only because it was a free switch from Window Eyes.  I find
NVDA with the Access32 syn meets all my needs and don't use Jaws as I
don't think it is as good as NVDA.  That is my Opinion and I am a
expert on my Opinion.  So if you don't like E Speak and don't want to
pay for more voices give Access32 for NVDA a try.




--

Casey