Date   

Re: accessible ftp vlient

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Don't know about an actual client, but I seem to recall you can use commands in the doss emulation of windows to work with ftp. I clearly remember doing it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io" <rmkuzma=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] accessible ftp vlient


Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks




Re: accessible ftp vlient

 

For me and my wife, we use File zilla
Cuong
---------------
Dang Manh Cuong
The Assistive technology specialist
Sao Mai Vocational and assistive center for the blind
52/22 Huynh Thien Loc St., Hoa Thanh ward, Tan Phu dist., HCM, Vietnam.
Tel: +8428 7302-4488
E-mail: vanphong@...; congnghe@...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaoMaiCenter
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org

Mobile / Zalo: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: @cuongdang; cuong@...
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
facebook: http://facebook.com/dangmanhcuong
Twitter: @ManhCuongTech

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2017 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible ftp vlient


I use flashfxp thats 40 bucks but it works and is stable.




On 1/10/2017 11:33 a.m., Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks




Re: accessible ftp vlient

 

I use flashfxp thats 40 bucks but it works and is stable.

On 1/10/2017 11:33 a.m., Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks



Re: Where are the recordings?

David Moore
 

Thank you so very much. I just downloaded the file.

I can’t wait to listen!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

 

Hey any time. If people want it in a more perminsnt place I can when the week si up move it to a bigger cloud drive but maybe until I run out of space lol!

 

Take care all.



On Sep 30, 2017, at 6:07 PM, Greg Wocher <gwocher@...> wrote:

 

Hello,

Yes this is working much better. Thanks for doing this Sarah.

 

Regards,

Greg WOcher

 

On 9/30/2017 8:23 PM, The Wolf wrote:

thank god a faster speed

thanks fore posting this.

 

 

On 9/30/2017 5:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Here you go guys. I hope it works out. Lol!

 

 

Take care  all.



On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

 

Exactly LOL!

I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!

I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!

Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

 

hi,

I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns

me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?

 

On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:

> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.

> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications

> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the

> address,

> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so

> therefore

> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is

> continuous.

> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is

> perfectly valid.

> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that

> someone

> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.

> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.

> Antony.

> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via

> Groups.Io wrote:

>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking

>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something

>> else. brian

>> 

>> Sent via blueyonder.

>> Please address personal email to:-

>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

>> in the display name field.

>> ----- Original Message -----

>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>

>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM

>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

>> 

>> > Replace %20 by space.

>> >

>> > Rui

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>

>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

>> >

>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I

>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a

>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose

>> > it

>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?

>> >

>> > Roger

>> >

>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:

>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the

>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no

>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot

>> >> of

> --

> The next sentence is true.

> The previous sentence is untrue.

>                                                    Please reply to the

> list;

>                                                          please *don't* CC

> me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: Where are the recordings?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Hey any time. If people want it in a more perminsnt place I can when the week si up move it to a bigger cloud drive but maybe until I run out of space lol!

Take care all.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 6:07 PM, Greg Wocher <gwocher@...> wrote:

Hello,

Yes this is working much better. Thanks for doing this Sarah.


Regards,

Greg WOcher


On 9/30/2017 8:23 PM, The Wolf wrote:

thank god a faster speed

thanks fore posting this.



On 9/30/2017 5:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Here you go guys. I hope it works out. Lol!


Take care  all.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Exactly LOL!
I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!
I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!
Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 
From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
 
hi,
I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns
me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?
 
On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.
> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the
> address,
> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so
> therefore
> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
> continuous.
> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
> perfectly valid.
> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that
> someone
> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.
> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.
> Antony.
> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via
> Groups.Io wrote:
>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
>> else. brian
>> 
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> 
>> > Replace %20 by space.
>> >
>> > Rui
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49
>> >
>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I
>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a
>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose
>> > it
>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?
>> >
>> > Roger
>> >
>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:
>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the
>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no
>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot
>> >> of
> --
> The next sentence is true.
> The previous sentence is untrue.
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.
>
 
 
 





Re: Where are the recordings?

Greg Wocher
 

Hello,

Yes this is working much better. Thanks for doing this Sarah.


Regards,

Greg WOcher


On 9/30/2017 8:23 PM, The Wolf wrote:

thank god a faster speed

thanks fore posting this.



On 9/30/2017 5:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Here you go guys. I hope it works out. Lol!


Take care  all.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Exactly LOL!
I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!
I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!
Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 
From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
 
hi,
I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns
me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?
 
On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.
> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the
> address,
> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so
> therefore
> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
> continuous.
> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
> perfectly valid.
> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that
> someone
> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.
> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.
> Antony.
> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via
> Groups.Io wrote:
>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
>> else. brian
>> 
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> 
>> > Replace %20 by space.
>> >
>> > Rui
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49
>> >
>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I
>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a
>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose
>> > it
>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?
>> >
>> > Roger
>> >
>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:
>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the
>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no
>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot
>> >> of
> --
> The next sentence is true.
> The previous sentence is untrue.
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.
>
 
 
 




Re: Where are the recordings?

 

thank god a faster speed

thanks fore posting this.



On 9/30/2017 5:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Here you go guys. I hope it works out. Lol!


Take care  all.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Exactly LOL!
I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!
I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!
Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 
From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
 
hi,
I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns
me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?
 
On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.
> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the
> address,
> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so
> therefore
> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
> continuous.
> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
> perfectly valid.
> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that
> someone
> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.
> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.
> Antony.
> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via
> Groups.Io wrote:
>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
>> else. brian
>> 
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> 
>> > Replace %20 by space.
>> >
>> > Rui
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49
>> >
>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I
>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a
>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose
>> > it
>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?
>> >
>> > Roger
>> >
>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:
>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the
>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no
>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot
>> >> of
> --
> The next sentence is true.
> The previous sentence is untrue.
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.
>
 
 
 



Re: Where are the recordings?

Sarah k Alawami
 

Here you go guys. I hope it works out. Lol!


Take care  all.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Exactly LOL!
I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!
I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!
Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 
From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
 
hi,
I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns
me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?
 
On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.
> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the
> address,
> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so
> therefore
> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
> continuous.
> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
> perfectly valid.
> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that
> someone
> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.
> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.
> Antony.
> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via
> Groups.Io wrote:
>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
>> else. brian
>> 
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> 
>> > Replace %20 by space.
>> >
>> > Rui
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49
>> >
>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I
>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a
>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose
>> > it
>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?
>> >
>> > Roger
>> >
>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:
>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the
>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no
>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot
>> >> of
> --
> The next sentence is true.
> The previous sentence is untrue.
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.
>
 

 
 


Re: Where are the recordings?

Stephanie Watts
 


Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking on this task.  I am among those who are looking forward to listening to the recordings since I was not able to participate last weekend.

Kind regards,
Stephanie


Re: accessible ftp vlient

mk360
 

FileZilla is bery accessible, but you need to remember to don't download the bundled setup because it include adware. You can download clean installers here: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1


Regards,
mk.

El 30-09-2017 a las 19:33, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io escribió:

Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks

 



Re: Where are the recordings?

David Moore
 

Exactly LOL!

I am downloading it as well, but it is only downloading at 18 KB/S. That is slower than my old dial up connection LOL!

I see as well, that the file size is over 950 MB. I could not figure out either why it is so large LOL! I hope we can download this faster, and shrink the file size!

Thanks a lot, guys, for getting these recordings. I can’t wait to listen to them!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: kavein thran
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

 

hi,

I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns

me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?

 

On 9/30/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:

> Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.

> The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications

> can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the

> address,

> or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so

> therefore

> spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is

> continuous.

> Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is

> perfectly valid.

> The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that

> someone

> fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.

> http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%20activities.7z

> is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.

> Antony.

> On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via

> Groups.Io wrote:

>> You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking

>> this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something

>> else. brian

>> 

>> bglists@...

>> Sent via blueyonder.

>> Please address personal email to:-

>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

>> in the display name field.

>> ----- Original Message -----

>> From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>

>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

>> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM

>> Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

>> 

>> > Replace %20 by space.

>> >

>> > Rui

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>

>> > Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

>> > Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

>> > Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

>> >

>> > I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I

>> > mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a

>> > page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose

>> > it

>> > but then just sits there.  What's wrong?

>> >

>> > Roger

>> >

>> > On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:

>> >> All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the

>> >> recording, the following is the download address: because there is no

>> >> reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot

>> >> of

>> >> inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%

>> >> <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

> --

> The next sentence is true.

> The previous sentence is untrue.

>                                                    Please reply to the

> list;

>                                                          please *don't* CC

> me.

>

 

 

 


Re: accessible ftp vlient

Roger Stewart
 

FileZilla is very good.  If you turn off a couple tree views in it, it is much easier to navigate.

Roger









On 9/30/2017 5:33 PM, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:

Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks

 



Re: accessible ftp vlient

Sam Bushman
 

I use filezilla.

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessible ftp vlient

 

Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks

 


accessible ftp vlient

Richard Kuzma
 

Does anyone know of an accessible ftp client for accessing your website.

Thanks

 


Re: WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

There is a 90 year old in my class who uses an iphone, but she expects siri to do everythign or her, which won't work, and she has almost no use of her hands, so she goes thrugh a challenge every day.. It can be done though. I know of sever vi people who use nvda and they are older.

Take care

On Sep 30, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Brian


Where i live here in new zealand I know of 80 plus year old people using smart phones actually there are quite a few they just need to be showed how to drive it and once up and running they love it.


here they are also doing a trial of i pads to be used as talking book machines etc with all all ages and quite a few of them are in there 60s, 70, and 80s.


There are young ones at times teaching the oldies to use ther i pad and then it is not much of a step to a touch phone if you get what i mean.


Gene nz



On 10/1/2017 8:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I do also feel though that whoever writes the questions makes some assumptions as well.
The fact is, although there are blind people I know using smart phones, most are young and most people I know are not young, well over 45 lets say, and seldom use mobile smart tech, and if they do they seldom do much on them.

Most have either second hand laptops or desktops with probably windows 7 on them 32 bit in the main. I do know a lot of people still using xp and indeed I'm writing this on an old xp machine now, but its not my main machine as its so slow compared with even a machine about 5 years old!

Brian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA


I totally agree with you dude.


On 9/30/2017 9:24 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I would like to stress that people should show willingness to participate in this survey. Last time, a screen reader vendor did promote this survey heavily, which resulted in unintended side effect of skewing the resulting data, and I do not want to see someone repeating that. Promotion is good, but I think using this survey as a fuel for promoting NVDA isn't a good idea; rather, it is better to promote NVDA on a continual basis, not during big events like this.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Dear all,
Since almost a decade, WebAim, a non-profit web accessibility consultancy organisation, has been conducting an annual (sometimes
biennial) survey, which, as its name implies, attempts to gather statistics about the usage share of different screen readers, technology (particularly Internet) accessibility trends, etc. so as to aid analysts, researchers, accessibility consultants, sighted developers, and mainstream companies to get a quantified picture of the state of the AT industry.
While this survey features participation from varied geographies, NVDA’s user base, at least in my personal view, has always been understated. While 8% respondents of the first December 2008 WebAim survey reported to be NVDA users, this figure has only increased to 14% of respondents in its 2015 counterpart claiming to use NVDA as their primary screen reader and 41% using it commonly, a usage share substantially lower than NVDA’s commercial and more expensive screen reading alternatives.
I think it would be a great way of playing our tiny part in getting the word out about NVDA’s viability and competency  if all NVDA community members, users, testers and other related parties, particularly from second and third world developing regions which often remain silent for such surveys but where free and open source NVDA makes a prominent impact, take this survey and contribute to letting the world know about the size and standing of the NVDA user base.
The URL of said survey is https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/ .
It took me about ten minutes to fill this survey and the form was extremely accessible. Not only from an NVDA angle, but filling such surveys always brings out useful and reflective data, which, in turn, betters AT as a whole. Therefore, I urge everyone to take some time out for this survey so that we can make the data truly reflective of the actualities.
Thanks.
P.S. I am in no way affiliated to WebAim nor is my intention to merely promote this survey.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter @BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91 7506221750
















--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Where are the recordings?

Antony Stone
 

See http://al.dehy.de/example.html for an example.

That page contains a link to another page on the same server, the URL for
which contains three space characters (not encoded using %20 either).


Antony.

On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 21:46:22, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:

The thing is though that I don't think I've ever seen any web address
anywhere which has spaces in it. They are nearly always hyphens or
underscores. It may well be so that you can have them, but to all intents
and purposes when you use any document to convey them they never work.

I have tried in Firefox and they seem also to fall over, which was my point
before. The web address was faulty as you say as the look up of the IP
itself did not resolve to anything sensible.
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.

The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the
address, or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word,
so therefore spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address
string is continuous.

Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
perfectly valid.

The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that
someone fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.

http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%20activities.7z

is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.


Antony.

On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via

Groups.Io wrote:
You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
else. brian
--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Re: WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi Brian


Where i live here in new zealand I know of 80 plus year old people using smart phones actually there are quite a few they just need to be showed how to drive it and once up and running they love it.


here they are also doing a trial of i pads to be used as talking book machines etc with all all ages and quite a few of them are in there 60s, 70, and 80s.


There are young ones at times teaching the oldies to use ther i pad and then it is not much of a step to a touch phone if you get what i mean.


Gene nz



On 10/1/2017 8:30 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I do also feel though that whoever writes the questions makes some assumptions as well.
The fact is, although there are blind people I know using smart phones, most are young and most people I know are not young, well over 45 lets say, and seldom use mobile smart tech, and if they do they seldom do much on them.

Most have either second hand laptops or desktops with probably windows 7 on them 32 bit in the main. I do know a lot of people still using xp and indeed I'm writing this on an old xp machine now, but its not my main machine as its so slow compared with even a machine about 5 years old!

Brian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA


I totally agree with you dude.


On 9/30/2017 9:24 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I would like to stress that people should show willingness to participate in this survey. Last time, a screen reader vendor did promote this survey heavily, which resulted in unintended side effect of skewing the resulting data, and I do not want to see someone repeating that. Promotion is good, but I think using this survey as a fuel for promoting NVDA isn't a good idea; rather, it is better to promote NVDA on a continual basis, not during big events like this.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Dear all,
Since almost a decade, WebAim, a non-profit web accessibility consultancy organisation, has been conducting an annual (sometimes
biennial) survey, which, as its name implies, attempts to gather statistics about the usage share of different screen readers, technology (particularly Internet) accessibility trends, etc. so as to aid analysts, researchers, accessibility consultants, sighted developers, and mainstream companies to get a quantified picture of the state of the AT industry.
While this survey features participation from varied geographies, NVDA’s user base, at least in my personal view, has always been understated. While 8% respondents of the first December 2008 WebAim survey reported to be NVDA users, this figure has only increased to 14% of respondents in its 2015 counterpart claiming to use NVDA as their primary screen reader and 41% using it commonly, a usage share substantially lower than NVDA’s commercial and more expensive screen reading alternatives.
I think it would be a great way of playing our tiny part in getting the word out about NVDA’s viability and competency  if all NVDA community members, users, testers and other related parties, particularly from second and third world developing regions which often remain silent for such surveys but where free and open source NVDA makes a prominent impact, take this survey and contribute to letting the world know about the size and standing of the NVDA user base.
The URL of said survey is https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/ .
It took me about ten minutes to fill this survey and the form was extremely accessible. Not only from an NVDA angle, but filling such surveys always brings out useful and reflective data, which, in turn, betters AT as a whole. Therefore, I urge everyone to take some time out for this survey so that we can make the data truly reflective of the actualities.
Thanks.
P.S. I am in no way affiliated to WebAim nor is my intention to merely promote this survey.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter @BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91 7506221750
















--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Sarah k Alawami
 

I also feel the same. There is a lot wrong with the survey . It's as if the student(s) did not take an intro to assessment writing where we had to do stuff like this. I'm not grate at this stuff either, however it could be a lot better in my humble opinion.

On Sep 30, 2017, at 12:30 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I do also feel though that whoever writes the questions makes some assumptions as well.
The fact is, although there are blind people I know using smart phones, most are young and most people I know are not young, well over 45 lets say, and seldom use mobile smart tech, and if they do they seldom do much on them.

Most have either second hand laptops or desktops with probably windows 7 on them 32 bit in the main. I do know a lot of people still using xp and indeed I'm writing this on an old xp machine now, but its not my main machine as its so slow compared with even a machine about 5 years old!

Brian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA


I totally agree with you dude.


On 9/30/2017 9:24 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I would like to stress that people should show willingness to participate in this survey. Last time, a screen reader vendor did promote this survey heavily, which resulted in unintended side effect of skewing the resulting data, and I do not want to see someone repeating that. Promotion is good, but I think using this survey as a fuel for promoting NVDA isn't a good idea; rather, it is better to promote NVDA on a continual basis, not during big events like this.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Dear all,
Since almost a decade, WebAim, a non-profit web accessibility consultancy organisation, has been conducting an annual (sometimes
biennial) survey, which, as its name implies, attempts to gather statistics about the usage share of different screen readers, technology (particularly Internet) accessibility trends, etc. so as to aid analysts, researchers, accessibility consultants, sighted developers, and mainstream companies to get a quantified picture of the state of the AT industry.
While this survey features participation from varied geographies, NVDA’s user base, at least in my personal view, has always been understated. While 8% respondents of the first December 2008 WebAim survey reported to be NVDA users, this figure has only increased to 14% of respondents in its 2015 counterpart claiming to use NVDA as their primary screen reader and 41% using it commonly, a usage share substantially lower than NVDA’s commercial and more expensive screen reading alternatives.
I think it would be a great way of playing our tiny part in getting the word out about NVDA’s viability and competency if all NVDA community members, users, testers and other related parties, particularly from second and third world developing regions which often remain silent for such surveys but where free and open source NVDA makes a prominent impact, take this survey and contribute to letting the world know about the size and standing of the NVDA user base.
The URL of said survey is https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/ .
It took me about ten minutes to fill this survey and the form was extremely accessible. Not only from an NVDA angle, but filling such surveys always brings out useful and reflective data, which, in turn, betters AT as a whole. Therefore, I urge everyone to take some time out for this survey so that we can make the data truly reflective of the actualities.
Thanks.
P.S. I am in no way affiliated to WebAim nor is my intention to merely promote this survey.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter @BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91 7506221750









Re: Where are the recordings?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

The thing is though that I don't think I've ever seen any web address anywhere which has spaces in it. They are nearly always hyphens or underscores. It may well be so that you can have them, but to all intents and purposes when you use any document to convey them they never work.

I have tried in Firefox and they seem also to fall over, which was my point before. The web address was faulty as you say as the look up of the IP itself did not resolve to anything sensible.
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?


Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.

The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the address,
or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so therefore
spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
continuous.

Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
perfectly valid.

The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that someone
fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.

http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%20activities.7z

is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.


Antony.

On Saturday 30 September 2017 at 10:55:57, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:

You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking
this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something
else. brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

Replace %20 by space.

Rui



De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I
mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a
page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it
but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the
recording, the following is the download address: because there is no
reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of
inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%
<http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

--
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is untrue.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.



Re: WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I do also feel though that whoever writes the questions makes some assumptions as well.
The fact is, although there are blind people I know using smart phones, most are young and most people I know are not young, well over 45 lets say, and seldom use mobile smart tech, and if they do they seldom do much on them.

Most have either second hand laptops or desktops with probably windows 7 on them 32 bit in the main. I do know a lot of people still using xp and indeed I'm writing this on an old xp machine now, but its not my main machine as its so slow compared with even a machine about 5 years old!

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA


I totally agree with you dude.


On 9/30/2017 9:24 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I would like to stress that people should show willingness to participate in this survey. Last time, a screen reader vendor did promote this survey heavily, which resulted in unintended side effect of skewing the resulting data, and I do not want to see someone repeating that. Promotion is good, but I think using this survey as a fuel for promoting NVDA isn't a good idea; rather, it is better to promote NVDA on a continual basis, not during big events like this.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] WebAim Screen Reader User Survey #7: Getting The Word Out About NVDA

Dear all,
Since almost a decade, WebAim, a non-profit web accessibility consultancy organisation, has been conducting an annual (sometimes
biennial) survey, which, as its name implies, attempts to gather statistics about the usage share of different screen readers, technology (particularly Internet) accessibility trends, etc. so as to aid analysts, researchers, accessibility consultants, sighted developers, and mainstream companies to get a quantified picture of the state of the AT industry.
While this survey features participation from varied geographies, NVDA’s user base, at least in my personal view, has always been understated. While 8% respondents of the first December 2008 WebAim survey reported to be NVDA users, this figure has only increased to 14% of respondents in its 2015 counterpart claiming to use NVDA as their primary screen reader and 41% using it commonly, a usage share substantially lower than NVDA’s commercial and more expensive screen reading alternatives.
I think it would be a great way of playing our tiny part in getting the word out about NVDA’s viability and competency if all NVDA community members, users, testers and other related parties, particularly from second and third world developing regions which often remain silent for such surveys but where free and open source NVDA makes a prominent impact, take this survey and contribute to letting the world know about the size and standing of the NVDA user base.
The URL of said survey is https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/ .
It took me about ten minutes to fill this survey and the form was extremely accessible. Not only from an NVDA angle, but filling such surveys always brings out useful and reflective data, which, in turn, betters AT as a whole. Therefore, I urge everyone to take some time out for this survey so that we can make the data truly reflective of the actualities.
Thanks.
P.S. I am in no way affiliated to WebAim nor is my intention to merely promote this survey.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@... Follow me on Twitter @BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125 Mobile Number: +91 7506221750