Date   

Re: Firefox 57 etc

 

just delete maintainance service in your control panel, i mean
uninstall it and go to options, advance, update and set your desires.

On 11/6/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
How can I make sure Firefox won't update? I don't want my go-to browser
to be unusable!


On 6/11/2017 10:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main
release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?
At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to
anything I can read in order to check if the option is set wrongly, I
was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default.
this has not been my experience, either that or there are more
serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been
sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by
default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the
developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen
simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their
fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to
be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not
half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's what I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure, but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release myself. I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually. And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun
times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/





And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/





The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are
complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number
written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it
could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is
another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change,
whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just
rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's
also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge
because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't
materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain
things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of
alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of
Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or
Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is worked
out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the
road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by
something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you
would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/






Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day, but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably should
have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and
it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to wonder. I
get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition
happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about
their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is going
down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop
hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have all
been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никиÑ,а Ñ,аÑ?Ð°Ñ Ð¾Ð²"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until she's
fully
available to NVDA.
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено из ÐYоÑ?Ñ,Ñ< Ð´Ð»Ñ Windows 10

ÐzÑ,: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено: 3 Ð½Ð¾Ñ Ð±Ñ?Ñ 2017 г. в 21:17
ÐsомÑf: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some
fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently
unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially
where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even when I
put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and install
them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the
screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case
prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the page is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying
to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda,
and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.




















--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Problem with my screen

prem.translator@...
 

At my workplace, when I need to type something, I always type in WordPad before pasting it into Word. However, something happen to me. 
I use NVDA. When I'm typing, my colleague always tell me that my screen is empty. It's really annoy me because they see it's empty while I know everything and can do all my work with NVDA. 
 
Is there any shortcut to set my screen always focus on my working screen so anyone can see the thing in the same way as I heard from NVDA? 
 
Thank you and really sorry for my English. 


Re: having messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,


I wasn't asking about conversation. I was asking about how to have read and replied announced. I googled it and found the answer. Thanks for trying though.

On 11/5/2017 9:46 PM, Michal Rada wrote:
R for read conversation
M for one message
N to focus to next unread.

Odesláno z iPhonu

6. 11. 2017 v 3:21, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>:

Hi, everyone,


I forgot how to have messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird. I know you have to use object navigation but I forgot the keystrokes for this.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie






Re: having messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird

Michal Rada
 

R for read conversation
M for one message
N to focus to next unread.

Odesláno z iPhonu

6. 11. 2017 v 3:21, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>:

Hi, everyone,


I forgot how to have messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird. I know you have to use object navigation but I forgot the keystrokes for this.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie






Re: Firefox 57 etc

Sharni-Lee Ward
 

How can I make sure Firefox won't update? I don't want my go-to browser
to be unusable!

On 6/11/2017 10:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main
release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?
At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to
anything I can read in order to check if the option is set wrongly, I
was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default.
this has not been my experience, either that or there are more
serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been
sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by
default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the
developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen
simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their
fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to
be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not
half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's what I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure, but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release myself. I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually. And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun
times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/




And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/




The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are
complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number
written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it
could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is
another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change,
whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just
rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's
also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge
because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't
materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain
things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of
alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of
Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or
Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is worked
out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the
road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by
something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you
would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/





Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day, but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably should
have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and
it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to wonder. I
get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition
happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about
their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is going
down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop
hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have all
been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никиÑ,а Ñ,аÑ?аÑов"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until she's
fully
available to NVDA.
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено из ÐYоÑ?Ñ,Ñ< длÑ Windows 10

ÐzÑ,: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено: 3 ноÑбÑ?Ñ 2017 г. в 21:17
ÐsомÑf: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some
fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently
unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially
where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even when I
put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and install
them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the
screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case
prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the page is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying
to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda,
and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


















having messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, everyone,


I forgot how to have messages marked as read and replied in thunderbird. I know you have to use object navigation but I forgot the keystrokes for this.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Rosemarie


Re: FW: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

slery <slerythema@...>
 

I believe the answer to this problem was that you had to go into the dictionary and replace that sequence with a blank. It is an old bug and happened during an update at one point. Someone sent me the directions and I guess we all made this change so there haven't been any more complaints to remind us it wasn't actually fixed.
Cindy

On June 8, 2017 12:58:14 PM "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone write to Larry privately and see if we can reproduce this? Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Larry Honaker [mailto:kc8pdx@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:38 AM
To: 'Joseph Lee' <joseph.lee22590@...>
Subject: RE: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

 

It’s installed on a desktop. I just uninstalled and went out and got the latest version, reinstalled.

 

Same results.

lh

 

 

Larry W. Honaker

 

E-mail: kc8pdx@...

 

Skype: doublezero2369

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:45 AM
To: 'Larry Honaker' <kc8pdx@...>
Subject: RE: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

 

Hi,

Is this a portable version of NVDA or an installed copy? If it’s an installed copy, chances are that, somehow, UIA or something underneath isn’t responding well.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Larry Honaker [mailto:kc8pdx@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:19 AM
To: 'Joseph Lee' <joseph.lee22590@...>
Subject: RE: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

 

Thanks Joseph for responding. I do have the latest, 2017.2 loaded.

What else my friend?

Lh

 

 

Larry W. Honaker

 

E-mail: kc8pdx@...

 

Skype: doublezero2369

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:13 AM
To: 'Larry Honaker' <kc8pdx@...>
Subject: RE: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

 

Hi,

Which version of NVDA did you get? To check, press Insert+N, go to Help menu, then go to About and listen carefully. If you have versions other than 2017.2, you should use the new version, as it does not announce “associated draft” and similar messages.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Larry Honaker [mailto:kc8pdx@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:54 AM
To: joseph.lee22590@...
Subject: Trying hard to convert to NVDA

 

Hi Joseph,

 

I am an old dog trying hard to learn new tricks; translation: I have been a JAWS user since the beginning but am now trying hard to convert to NVDA. Other than trying to get a real handle on the object navigation, the real issue I have is when using Outlook 2016.

 

When looking at the list of messages, NVDA has at the beginning of every message:

Associated Draft No Associated Draft. Then the rest of the message header info. I have looked at various settings under NVDA to turn this description off but cannot figure it out.

 

It is very annoying; no other screen reader reports this.

 

Do you have any idea what I can do?

 

Most cordially yours,

 

 

Larry W. Honaker

 

E-mail: kc8pdx@...

 

Skype: doublezero2369

 


Seri voices for NVDA?

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
Are the Seri voices available for NVDA anywhere? If not, are they available as sapi voices for windows anywhere?
Thanks
Chris


Re: Firefox 57 etc

Stephen
 

I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?

At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to anything I can read in order to check if the option is set wrongly, I was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default. this has not been my experience, either that or there are more serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's what I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure, but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release myself. I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually. And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/



And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/



The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change, whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is worked out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/




Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day, but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably should have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to wonder. I get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is going down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have all been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никита тараÑов"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until she's
fully
available to NVDA.
Отправлено из Почты длÑ Windows 10

От: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Отправлено: 3 ноÑбрÑ 2017 г. в 21:17
Кому: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even when I put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and install them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the page is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda, and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
















Re: can't access my messages in seamonkey

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I have thunderbird now and it looks like it's already set up in imap.




On 11/5/2017 11:48 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi


I just checked and it looks like there are extra steps you have to do now to get your  g mail emails. It looks like it is in the g mail account.


The following link from Mozilla should help you and later on today i will follow the directions to set up my g mail account as well then link the extra to the page on thunder bird.


The link to this page is http://pop2imap.com/thunderbird-gmail.php

Gene nz



On 11/6/2017 6:46 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi Rose Marie,


Strange, it's not the first time that I've heard an seen on 2 separate but recent occasions  that G mail, Thunderbird, and sea monkey have some sort of issue, whether it be signing in, sending or receiving messages. I wish I had an answer for you about this but I'm at a loss. 


Tony

On 11/4/2017 10:52 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I can't find any of my messages in seamonkey. What could I be doing wrong? I tried signing in to my gmail account but seamonkey wouldn't accept the information when I know it's correct. What am I doing wrong?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 



--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: Firefox stuck

slery <slerythema@...>
 

Apparently fixed itself. Onc3 given the option to restore I was able to
restore the main window and uncheck the other 150 windows.
Cindy

On November 5, 2017 1:36:33 PM "slery" <slerythema@gmail.com> wrote:

This morning when I opened Firefox, it opened my last window and then it
kept opening new windows. Using task manager to close showed 153 open windows.

I did not update when it kept bugging me to update.
Cindy





Re: can't access my messages in seamonkey

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Gene NZ,

 

I created the account but now I can't even download my messages.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Sunday, November 5, 2017 11:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't access my messages in seamonkey

 

Hi

 

I just checked and it looks like there are extra steps you have to do now to get your  g mail emails. It looks like it is in the g mail account.

 

The following link from Mozilla should help you and later on today i will follow the directions to set up my g mail account as well then link the extra to the page on thunder bird.

 

The link to this page is http://pop2imap.com/thunderbird-gmail.php

Gene nz

 

 

On 11/6/2017 6:46 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi Rose Marie,

 

Strange, it's not the first time that I've heard an seen on 2 separate but recent occasions  that G mail, Thunderbird, and sea monkey have some sort of issue, whether it be signing in, sending or receiving messages. I wish I had an answer for you about this but I'm at a loss. 

 

Tony

On 11/4/2017 10:52 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I can't find any of my messages in seamonkey. What could I be doing wrong? I tried signing in to my gmail account but seamonkey wouldn't accept the information when I know it's correct. What am I doing wrong?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

 

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Re: can't access my messages in seamonkey

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


I just checked and it looks like there are extra steps you have to do now to get your  g mail emails. It looks like it is in the g mail account.


The following link from Mozilla should help you and later on today i will follow the directions to set up my g mail account as well then link the extra to the page on thunder bird.


The link to this page is http://pop2imap.com/thunderbird-gmail.php

Gene nz



On 11/6/2017 6:46 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi Rose Marie,


Strange, it's not the first time that I've heard an seen on 2 separate but recent occasions  that G mail, Thunderbird, and sea monkey have some sort of issue, whether it be signing in, sending or receiving messages. I wish I had an answer for you about this but I'm at a loss. 


Tony

On 11/4/2017 10:52 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I can't find any of my messages in seamonkey. What could I be doing wrong? I tried signing in to my gmail account but seamonkey wouldn't accept the information when I know it's correct. What am I doing wrong?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 



--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.


Firefox stuck

slery <slerythema@...>
 

This morning when I opened Firefox, it opened my last window and then it
kept opening new windows. Using task manager to close showed 153 open windows.

I did not update when it kept bugging me to update.
Cindy


Re: Firefox 57 etc

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Rose Marie,


Because I've seen this happen more than once, I wonder if we can get any
answers from google about it.


Tony

On 11/4/2017 9:40 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Tony,

I just grabed seamonkey but it's asking me for my credentials for my gmail acount. It's not accepting my info. What do I do now?

Thanks.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 6:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Thanks. I'm gonna grab it right now.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 6:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Hi Rose Marie,


Here ya go!


https://www.dropbox.com/s/g72irjtipcgpn3t/SeaMonkey%20Setup%202.46.exe?dl=0


Tony



On 11/4/2017 9:11 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Thanks. I'd love it.



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Tony Ballou
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 6:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Hi rose Marie,


Interesting, if you're not able to grab it, I have a copy that I can drop box you.


Tony


On 11/4/2017 5:33 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi again, Tony,

I just went on the site and they're fixing the problem for the new update. I'll try again later.

Rosemarie



-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Hi, Tony,

I just tried to download seamonkey and got an error message saying 400 error not found. What could I be doing wrong?

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Tony Ballou
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 5:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Hi,


Another alternative to possibly ponder here, in recent months I've been using sea monkey with NVDA and it works great. For those who are not aware, this is an online suite of programs from Mozilla, which combine an HTML editor, web browser, and Email client. It is accessible with NVDA has a myriad of keyboard shortcuts, and if you know Firefox and Thunderbird, you've basically got the game won. Just a thought.


Tony


On 11/3/2017 6:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to what
Joseph posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average
unaware updater found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the page is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You just here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be altered, I do
not know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I could not
find any option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose almost
half of my bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda, and I
am up to date with the master branch here, will not be able to do so
unless they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need the
permission of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off
auto updates. I have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my
bookmarks back as well as functionality. To my mind the makers of
Firefox at the current state of play should be able to see if
screenreading software is on a machine in a similar way to Adobe
reader or Jarte does, and prevent it from updating to an unworkable
version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.






















Re: can't access my messages in seamonkey

Tony Ballou
 

Hi Rose Marie,


Strange, it's not the first time that I've heard an seen on 2 separate but recent occasions  that G mail, Thunderbird, and sea monkey have some sort of issue, whether it be signing in, sending or receiving messages. I wish I had an answer for you about this but I'm at a loss. 


Tony

On 11/4/2017 10:52 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I can't find any of my messages in seamonkey. What could I be doing wrong? I tried signing in to my gmail account but seamonkey wouldn't accept the information when I know it's correct. What am I doing wrong?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 



Re: How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Gene
 

I doubt there is much difference.  We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version.  I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions.  But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information.  I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).
 
Gene
----- original Message -----
From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone



Re: How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Mary Otten <motten53@...>
 

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).
 
Gene
----- original Message -----
From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone



Re: How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

 

hello.
here you are the direct link for firefox esr 32bit the last version of
firefox which contains all security updates until firefox 56
hope that help,
God bless you all!

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.4.1esr/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2052.4.1esr.exe

On 11/5/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).

Gene
----- original Message -----

From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be
automatically updated


Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going
to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line
installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody
saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does
this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can
put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff
installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Gene
 

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).
 
Gene
----- original Message -----

From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary


Sent from my iPhone