Date   

Re: firefox thing fixed maybe

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

What is that other one called, Vivaldi?
I've not heard of Waterfox, is this for use on underwater computers?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 9:11 AM
Subject: [nvda] firefox thing fixed maybe


Hi.

I have noticed on firefox that a lot of addons I use say legacy though they work including navigation sounds, better privacy and noscript, does this mean they are not being maintained or something.

However on that note, has anyone tried to use waterfox instead of firefox.

I tried it for a bit, and it seems to be a likely choice with all addons working if mozilla doesn't get its a into g then it maybe another option for us at least for the moment unless those guys upgrade to the crazy engine mozilla is going to do.

From pages it appears they use the old style firefox engine and interfaces from 55x maybe they are a port.

addons and settings from firefox should work on there.

It may be an option.





Re: Another NVDA question

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

There are still some bits of software where nvda b will read stuff that neither screen nor object nav can venture though. That seems to be a bit of an issue on soome windows 10 screens.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question


Gene,



What a strange thing to assert!



As I speak, I can use browse mode on this message and look around at areas that the live cursor cannot get to. I can also use this feature reading Word documents. I can, in fact, use it everywhere that the JAWS cursor moves to.



Would you like to clarify your statement?



All the best,



Cearbhall



m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie





From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question



Browse mode doesn't apply. It is used in web browsing and reading PDF documents. It is a specific feature that certain browsers and PDF readers support. The JAWS cursor equivalent is what is being asked about.



Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: Cearbhall O'Meadhra <mailto:cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie>

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 4:40 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question



Hi, Howard,
You will need NVDA's browse mode to move freely around the screen.
NVDA + space bar toggles between focus mode and browse mode. You can tell you are in browse mode when you hear a high "pip" sound. When you are in focus mode you will hear a dropping "chopping" sound. A good idea is to turn on keyboard help with NVDA +1 Then try NVDA+ space bar and listen to what it describes as you repeat it a few times.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie <mailto:cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie>


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

NVDA-b reads a dialogue. NVDA-numpad 7 changes review modes, sometimes screen review will read things, sometimes it won't. The next thing to look into, if neither of those work for you, is object navigation.


On 11/6/2017 14:48, Howard Traxler wrote:
Could someone please tell me--or tell me where in the manual to find:

Back when I was using jaws, I could turn on the "JAWS Cursor" and look
all over the screen--or maybe the current window. How can I get that
effect in NVDA. Many times programs will give me a screen full of
info and then just let me tab around a two or three button dialog:
"yes, no, or cancel". I'd sometimes like to read the question before
I answer it.

Thanks, anybody.
Howard



discord app query

Joseph Weakland
 

does anyone know if the discord desktop program is nvda usable?

--
email
josephweakland@att.net
sent from thunderbird


Re: Does anymone have experience with editing google docs on the web with NVDA?

Felix G.
 

Hello Sylvie,
in case you don't find any answers here, you might also want to try asking these questions in the Google Group about accessibility of Google products. This can be found at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/accessible
Greetings,
Felix

Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@...> schrieb am Di., 7. Nov. 2017 um 12:08 Uhr:

Hello all,
I am actually working with somebody on a good structured google doc.
The short cuts list says that you can reach the next heading by pressing
ctrl+alt, then n then h.
This is conflicting with the shortcut for starting NVDA.
Going on browse mode and hitting h just goes to the next heading but not
to the following.
Do you have any hints on this?
Second, if a document contains a table of content, is there a way to
jump to one specific section? Activating a link to this section does not
work for me.
thank you for your help.
Best
Sylvie




Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] GPII DeveloperSpace for a11y technology - useful resource?

 

I think this is great! I was also wondering, since OpenOffice is extremely, incredibly, accessible, and since LO can take code from OpenOffice, can't LO just take the accessibility information OO gives and kind of port it over?


On 11/6/2017 7:04 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi,

just came across https://ds.gpii.net/ - self-describing as the
"one-stop place to find resources, components and people to conceive,
develop, test and market novel accessible solutions".

Anyway, perhaps a useful place to network, and/or find some
inspirations? They also have mailing lists
(https://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Mailing_Lists), this one looks worth
monitoring: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vendors 

Cheers,

-- Thorsten



Does anymone have experience with editing google docs on the web with NVDA?

Sylvie Duchateau
 

Hello all,
I am actually working with somebody on a good structured google doc.
The short cuts list says that you can reach the next heading by pressing ctrl+alt, then n then h.
This is conflicting with the shortcut for starting NVDA.
Going on browse mode and hitting h just goes to the next heading but not to the following.
Do you have any hints on this?
Second, if a document contains a table of content, is there a way to jump to one specific section? Activating a link to this section does not work for me.
thank you for your help.
Best
Sylvie


Re: Another NVDA question

Gene
 

The person wasn't asking about how to move around web pages.  He wanted the equivalent of the JAWS cursor.  That is not browse mode.  The equivalent or rough equivalent of the JAWS cursor is screen review.  Browse mode is an entirely different feature.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

Gene,

 

What a strange thing to assert!

 

As I speak, I can use browse mode on this message and look around at areas that the live cursor cannot get to. I can also use this feature reading Word documents. I can, in fact, use it everywhere that the JAWS cursor moves to.

 

Would you like to clarify your statement?

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

 

Browse mode doesn't apply.  It is used in web browsing and reading PDF documents.  It is a specific feature that certain browsers and PDF readers support.  The JAWS cursor equivalent is what is being asked about.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 4:40 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

 

Hi, Howard,
You will need NVDA's browse mode to move freely around the screen.
NVDA + space bar toggles between focus mode and browse mode. You can tell you are in browse mode when you hear a high  "pip" sound. When you are in focus mode you will hear a dropping "chopping" sound. A good idea is to turn on keyboard help with NVDA +1 Then try NVDA+ space bar and listen to what it describes as you repeat it a few times.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

NVDA-b reads a dialogue. NVDA-numpad 7 changes review modes, sometimes screen review will read things, sometimes it won't. The next thing to look into, if neither of those work for you, is object navigation.


On 11/6/2017 14:48, Howard Traxler wrote:
> Could someone please tell me--or tell me where in the manual to find:
>
> Back when I was using jaws, I could turn on the "JAWS Cursor" and look
> all over the screen--or maybe the current window.  How can I get that
> effect in NVDA.  Many times  programs will give me a screen full of
> info and then just let me tab around a two or three button dialog:
> "yes, no, or cancel".  I'd sometimes like to read the question before
> I answer it.
>
> Thanks, anybody.
> Howard
>
>
>







Re: firefox thing fixed maybe

 

hello.
there are alternative for legacy addons in firefox 57 or newer as i heard!
God bless you all!

On 11/7/17, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

I have noticed on firefox that a lot of addons I use say legacy though
they work including navigation sounds, better privacy and noscript, does
this mean they are not being maintained or something.

However on that note, has anyone tried to use waterfox instead of firefox.

I tried it for a bit, and it seems to be a likely choice with all addons
working if mozilla doesn't get its a into g then it maybe another option
for us at least for the moment unless those guys upgrade to the crazy
engine mozilla is going to do.

From pages it appears they use the old style firefox engine and
interfaces from 55x maybe they are a port.

addons and settings from firefox should work on there.

It may be an option.






--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Seems to be a firefox thing, prices are said differently in IE11.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page


Hi Group,


If you visit the web address for BJ's Wholesale Black Friday preview:

http://www.bjs.com/blackfriday.content.minisite_blackfriday2017.B#/bflist/Week


you will swee the prices on some of the items read very strangely.


I tried with the E-Speak synthesizer, the SAPI 5 Eloquence voice, the Microsoft Core Voices and with JAWS and they all read the same.


What is causing this? Is it really a massive misprint? Or is it just an oddity with the way numbers and dollars expressions are rendered to screen readers on this particular page?

lry strange. for example, the televsions like Samsung have a listed price of $99999

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Re: Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Hmm yes it seems to be showing up with no decimal point at all by the looks of it, just stepping through the characters in the prices.
This is in FF52
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page


Hi Group,


If you visit the web address for BJ's Wholesale Black Friday preview:

http://www.bjs.com/blackfriday.content.minisite_blackfriday2017.B#/bflist/Week


you will swee the prices on some of the items read very strangely.


I tried with the E-Speak synthesizer, the SAPI 5 Eloquence voice, the Microsoft Core Voices and with JAWS and they all read the same.


What is causing this? Is it really a massive misprint? Or is it just an oddity with the way numbers and dollars expressions are rendered to screen readers on this particular page?

lry strange. for example, the televsions like Samsung have a listed price of $99999

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Re: Firefox 57 etc

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Back in the very early days, around ff24 ish, there was a bug that crept in that actually stopped updates, but its long gone over the horizon and never been seen since.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@outlook.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi Rose Marie,


I wouldn't worry about this. It's something that I've also never heard of.


Tony


On 11/6/2017 11:28 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Gee--how come the rest of us haven't heard of this so-called bug?




On 11/6/2017 2:31 AM, zahra wrote:
i read maintenance service has many bugs and problems.
i never install it, i choose custom installation and unchecke its
checkbox.
i never update my firefox and so, set it to never update and also
changed many uptions in about:config to be sure anythings never be
updated for me!
maintenance service is just for updating firefox without users
interaction and silently updates firefox without any notification!

On 11/6/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
All the update options are obvious. There is an automatically update
option, an option to notify you when an update is available and an
option to
never update. I don't know if you are saying not all the update
options are
obviouls or not all the options available in the entire options
dialog are
obvious.

If somene doesn't know how or has problems finding the update
settings, how
to find them can be explained and once explained, it shouldn't be
difficult
to find them. But remopving the actual service itself is a really
terrible
idea.

Gene


From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 3:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


That is a bit of a sledgehammer way. You can set it in the options, but
quite what all the choices do is not instantly obvious, except the
one to
say never update of course!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


just delete maintainance service in your control panel, i mean
uninstall it and go to options, advance, update and set your desires.

On 11/6/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
How can I make sure Firefox won't update? I don't want my go-to
browser
to be unusable!


On 6/11/2017 10:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main
release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?
At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to
anything I can read in order to check if the option is set
wrongly, I
was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default.
this has not been my experience, either that or there are more
serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in
windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been
sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by
default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the
developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen
simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their
fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to
be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not
half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what
comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not
saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask
what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are
some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the
start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's
what
I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as
well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly
fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other
browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure,
but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a
perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples
instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release
myself.
I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with
them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support
wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version
of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least
we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if
Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I
remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually.
And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running
that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even
cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun
times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta
testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for
many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a
bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail
this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind
people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/






And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/






The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are
complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers
do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using
something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you
should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and
writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number
written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it
could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is
another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change,
whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just
rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's
also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve
code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge
because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why
everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't
materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain
things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm
just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of
alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of
Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or
Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is
worked
out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that
nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the
road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long
as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I
don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by
something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't
very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting
hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for
years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you
would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/







Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day,
but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably
should
have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and
it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do
we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an
accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to
wonder. I
get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition
happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its
not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the
pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about
their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that
organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and
I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is
going
down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop
hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have
all
been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никиÑ,а Ñ,аÑ?аÑ
ов"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until
she's
fully
available to NVDA.
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено из ÐYоÑ?Ñ,Ñ< Ð´Ð»Ñ Windows 10

ÐzÑ,: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено: 3 Ð½Ð¾Ñ Ð±Ñ?Ñ 2017 г. в 21:17
ÐsомÑf: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some
fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently
unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially
where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add
ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even
when I
put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and
install
them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the
screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case
prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also
does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I
see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the
reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but
for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to
what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average
unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the
page
is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You
just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be
altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I
could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose
almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying
to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda,
and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to
do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need
the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks
back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the
current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it
from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.













--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org










Re: NVDA crashing

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

When you restart nvda. go to run and type
%temp% and enter. Look in there for the old nvda log. it will have old in its name. look upwards from the bottom in something like note pad to see what the error is, if there is one. However set the logging level to debug and that will ensure any log you get will have the maximum detail in it. If you do find errors etc, then save tat log to your doc folder to keep it safe and come back and maybe paste the important part to a message as there are people here who may be able to help resolve the issue. It could be lots of things, but I'd not want to speculate.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 10:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA crashing


Running NVDA 2017-3 on a Win 10 64 bit Fall Creator edition laptop.
On what seems to be a random thing on numerous occasions when I hit the windows key to open up the start menu NVDA simply goes away. I have no speech and hitting insert n to open the NVDA UI does nothing. Is there a way to capture what is happening to NVDA? Under the nvda tools menu view log only shows what I think is the restrt of NVDA when I start NVDA again with control alt n.
Thanks



firefox thing fixed maybe

 

Hi.

I have noticed on firefox that a lot of addons I use say legacy though they work including navigation sounds, better privacy and noscript, does this mean they are not being maintained or something.

However on that note, has anyone tried to use waterfox instead of firefox.

I tried it for a bit, and it seems to be a likely choice with all addons working if mozilla doesn't get its a into g then it maybe another option for us at least for the moment unless those guys upgrade to the crazy engine mozilla is going to do.

From pages it appears they use the old style firefox engine and interfaces from 55x maybe they are a port.

addons and settings from firefox should work on there.

It may be an option.


Re: Firefox 57 etc

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

There are updates, and there are updates, so to speak, by which I mean that for example windows does small updates each month and mostly they have no issues, but if you completely update a package, for example like Revo uninstaller did and make it no use to us then these are to be avoided. the crucial thing is to get advised of any updates and decide on what you find.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


hi gene again.
i followed bugzilla.mozilla.org and realized that in many versions
have security fixes for maintenance service.
as i also realy hate update, the first thing that i do is turning off
any update of any softwares that i use!

On 11/6/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Rose Marie,


I wouldn't worry about this. It's something that I've also never heard of.


Tony


On 11/6/2017 11:28 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Gee--how come the rest of us haven't heard of this so-called bug?




On 11/6/2017 2:31 AM, zahra wrote:
i read maintenance service has many bugs and problems.
i never install it, i choose custom installation and unchecke its
checkbox.
i never update my firefox and so, set it to never update and also
changed many uptions in about:config to be sure anythings never be
updated for me!
maintenance service is just for updating firefox without users
interaction and silently updates firefox without any notification!

On 11/6/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
All the update options are obvious. There is an automatically update
option, an option to notify you when an update is available and an
option to
never update. I don't know if you are saying not all the update
options are
obviouls or not all the options available in the entire options
dialog are
obvious.

If somene doesn't know how or has problems finding the update
settings, how
to find them can be explained and once explained, it shouldn't be
difficult
to find them. But remopving the actual service itself is a really
terrible
idea.

Gene


From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 3:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


That is a bit of a sledgehammer way. You can set it in the options, but
quite what all the choices do is not instantly obvious, except the
one to
say never update of course!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


just delete maintainance service in your control panel, i mean
uninstall it and go to options, advance, update and set your desires.

On 11/6/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
How can I make sure Firefox won't update? I don't want my go-to
browser
to be unusable!


On 6/11/2017 10:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main
release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?
At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to
anything I can read in order to check if the option is set
wrongly, I
was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default.
this has not been my experience, either that or there are more
serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in
windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been
sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by
default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the
developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen
simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their
fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to
be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not
half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what
comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not
saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask
what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are
some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the
start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's
what
I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as
well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly
fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other
browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure,
but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a
perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples
instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release
myself.
I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with
them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support
wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version
of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least
we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if
Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I
remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually.
And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running
that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even
cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun
times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta
testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for
many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a
bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail
this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind
people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/







And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/







The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are
complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers
do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using
something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you
should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and
writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number
written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it
could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is
another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change,
whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just
rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's
also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve
code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge
because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why
everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't
materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain
things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm
just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of
alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of
Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or
Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is
worked
out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that
nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the
road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long
as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I
don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by
something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't
very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting
hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for
years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you
would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/








Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day,
but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably
should
have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and
it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do
we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an
accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to
wonder. I
get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition
happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its
not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the
pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about
their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that
organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and
I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is
going
down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop
hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have
all
been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никиÑ,а Ñ,аÑ?аÑ
ов"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until
she's
fully
available to NVDA.
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено из ÐYоÑ?Ñ,Ñ< Ð´Ð»Ñ Windows 10

ÐzÑ,: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено: 3 Ð½Ð¾Ñ Ð±Ñ?Ñ 2017 г. в 21:17
ÐsомÑf: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some
fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently
unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially
where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add
ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even
when I
put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and
install
them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the
screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case
prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also
does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I
see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the
reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but
for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to
what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average
unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the
page
is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You
just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be
altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I
could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose
almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying
to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda,
and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to
do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need
the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks
back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the
current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it
from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.













--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org











--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

We have had this before. What are the decimal points on this page?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page


Hi Group,


If you visit the web address for BJ's Wholesale Black Friday preview:

http://www.bjs.com/blackfriday.content.minisite_blackfriday2017.B#/bflist/Week


you will swee the prices on some of the items read very strangely.


I tried with the E-Speak synthesizer, the SAPI 5 Eloquence voice, the Microsoft Core Voices and with JAWS and they all read the same.


What is causing this? Is it really a massive misprint? Or is it just an oddity with the way numbers and dollars expressions are rendered to screen readers on this particular page?

lry strange. for example, the televsions like Samsung have a listed price of $99999

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Oddity With NVDA, Other Screen Readers and BJ's Wholesale Web Page

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,


If you visit the web address for BJ's Wholesale Black Friday preview:

http://www.bjs.com/blackfriday.content.minisite_blackfriday2017.B#/bflist/Week


you will swee the prices on some of the items read very strangely.


I tried with the E-Speak synthesizer, the SAPI 5 Eloquence voice, the Microsoft Core Voices and with JAWS and they all read the same.


What is causing this?  Is it really a massive misprint?  Or is it just an oddity with the way numbers and dollars expressions are rendered to screen readers on this particular page?

lry strange.  for example, the televsions like Samsung have a listed price of $99999

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: Another NVDA question

Cearbhall O'Meadhra
 

Gene,

 

What a strange thing to assert!

 

As I speak, I can use browse mode on this message and look around at areas that the live cursor cannot get to. I can also use this feature reading Word documents. I can, in fact, use it everywhere that the JAWS cursor moves to.

 

Would you like to clarify your statement?

 

All the best,

 

Cearbhall

 

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

 

Browse mode doesn't apply.  It is used in web browsing and reading PDF documents.  It is a specific feature that certain browsers and PDF readers support.  The JAWS cursor equivalent is what is being asked about.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 4:40 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

 

Hi, Howard,
You will need NVDA's browse mode to move freely around the screen.
NVDA + space bar toggles between focus mode and browse mode. You can tell you are in browse mode when you hear a high  "pip" sound. When you are in focus mode you will hear a dropping "chopping" sound. A good idea is to turn on keyboard help with NVDA +1 Then try NVDA+ space bar and listen to what it describes as you repeat it a few times.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...


-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

NVDA-b reads a dialogue. NVDA-numpad 7 changes review modes, sometimes screen review will read things, sometimes it won't. The next thing to look into, if neither of those work for you, is object navigation.


On 11/6/2017 14:48, Howard Traxler wrote:
> Could someone please tell me--or tell me where in the manual to find:
>
> Back when I was using jaws, I could turn on the "JAWS Cursor" and look
> all over the screen--or maybe the current window.  How can I get that
> effect in NVDA.  Many times  programs will give me a screen full of
> info and then just let me tab around a two or three button dialog:
> "yes, no, or cancel".  I'd sometimes like to read the question before
> I answer it.
>
> Thanks, anybody.
> Howard
>
>
>







Re: Firefox 57 etc

 

hi gene again.
i followed bugzilla.mozilla.org and realized that in many versions
have security fixes for maintenance service.
as i also realy hate update, the first thing that i do is turning off
any update of any softwares that i use!

On 11/6/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Rose Marie,


I wouldn't worry about this.  It's something that I've also never heard of.


Tony


On 11/6/2017 11:28 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Gee--how come the rest of us haven't heard of this so-called bug?




On 11/6/2017 2:31 AM, zahra wrote:
i read maintenance service has many bugs and problems.
i never install it, i choose custom installation and unchecke its
checkbox.
i never update my firefox and so, set it to never update and also
changed many uptions in about:config to be sure anythings never be
updated for me!
maintenance service is just for updating firefox without users
interaction and silently updates firefox without any notification!

On 11/6/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
All the update options are obvious. There is an automatically update
option, an option to notify you when an update is available and an
option to
never update.  I don't know if you are saying not all the update
options are
obviouls or not all the options available in the entire options
dialog are
obvious.

If somene doesn't know how or has problems finding the update
settings, how
to find them can be explained and once explained, it shouldn't be
difficult
to find them.  But remopving the actual service itself is a really
terrible
idea.

Gene


From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 3:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


That is a bit of a sledgehammer way. You can set it in the options, but
quite what all the choices do is not instantly obvious, except the
one to
say never update of course!
  Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


just delete maintainance service in your control panel, i mean
uninstall it and go to options, advance, update and set your desires.

On 11/6/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
How can I make sure Firefox won't update? I don't want my go-to
browser
to be unusable!


On 6/11/2017 10:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
I thought that was why there were beta versions before the main
release, to get these issues ironed out in the first place?
At 07:47 PM 11/5/2017, you wrote:
Well how does one actually get it to work then, I cannot get to
anything I can read in order to check if the option is set
wrongly, I
was under the impression that it was supposed to be off by default.
this has not been my experience, either that or there are more
serious issues on the 32 bit version or it has problems in
windows 7.
No My thrust and that of several others I know is that it has been
sprung on people. IE if there was a version of firefox that by
default could not be used by the sighted it would never leave the
developers.
My point is that I'm sick and tired of being a second class citizen
simply because I'm blind, and its about time these people got their
fingers out of their ears or wherever they put them, not wanting to
be rude and embraced accessibility at the start of a new concept not
half way through it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


My apologies, I misunderstood your rhetoric comment. That's what
comes
of trying to do two things at once. Also to be clear, I'm not
saying we
shouldn't question changes. I think it's fine and valuable to ask
what
changes are being made and why they're being made. But there are
some
people who seem to assume they're almost always bad and are the
start
down a path for changes for the worst, it seems to me, and that's
what
I
object to. As you say, and a few others have reported this here as
well,
the new Firefox with the option set correctly seems to be mostly
fine,
if slow. And if not, as you've also pointed out, we have other
browsers
to use until it gets straightened out.


I also think it's valuable to point out that these aren't ham-fisted
sledgehammer changes, they are perhaps fairly large changes sure,
but
they're not being done just because, they're being done for a
perfectly
valid security reason. I figured I'd better provide examples
instead of
just telling people it's an issue, now we can all see the potential
problems with code injection. I should add, I'm really glad the new
update is mostly fine, though I might use the extended release
myself.
I
use Firefox as my daily browser and haven't really found any of the
others to my liking for various reasons, though I need to play with
them
some more because of course accessibility keeps improving for them.


Man I remember the days of IE 6 or 7 when JFW's Firefox support
wasn't
that great, and IE updated and JFW hadn't caught up yet. Called tech
support and they insisted I couldn't be running the new version
of IE
because the new version of IE didn't work with JFW. At least
we've got
some pretty decent alternatives nowadays. I'm not even sure if
Firefox
was supported yet, it was ages ago when this happened, but I
remember I
had all kinds of issues browsing until it got updated eventually.
And
that line will stick in my head forever, "you can't be running
that",
I'm like "dude it's right here on my machine"! I think I even
cranked
speech up over the speakers and made it read the version number. Fun
times!


On 11/4/2017 23:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Boy, you really like to press home a point. I didn't fundamentally
disagree with you on any of that. In fact, according to beta
testers,
Firefox 57 without the check box checked isn't very much different
than earlier versions. In addition, I have begun to use Edge for
many
things. The only major issue I see with Edge and NVDA is it is a
bit
erratic in forms mode. For example on the Send Space page where you
have to click on buttons and make descriptive editions if desired,
NVDA keeps slipping in and out of forms mode. I bet they nail
this one
down either later this year or early next year. I can use Edge for
anything now including forms and similar editable pages--with some
difficulty.


I only objected to your wholesale condemnation of all blind
people who
raised questions about changes in accessibility.



On 11/4/2017 9:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Ah. Rhetoric. Like this.


http://blog.trendmicro.com/mozilla-firefox-exploit-enlists-pcs-advanced-botnet/







And this:


https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/08/11/firefox-under-fire-anatomy-of-latest-0-day-attack/







The reason you're not hacked any more than other people is because
Firefox updates for security, i.e. the very thing people are
complaining
about now because it's updating in a way that happens to mess with
screen readers. It's true that, so far as I know, neither of these
injection attacks are the kind of code injection screen readers
do.
That's because screen readers are local though and not using
something
like JavaScript, but that's about the only difference. And you
should
particularly note from the second link that the particular code
injection attack being discussed there allows reading and
writing of
local files as well as uploading them. Have a credit card number
written
down somewhere for easy access? Get infected by that thing and it
could
very well be uploaded to a site for somebody else to try and use.


My point is, injection attacks happen, they're bad, and this is
another
way to try and stop them. There's a real purpose to this change,
whether
or not anybody happens to like or agree with it. It's not just
rhetoric,
there are real examples of it, as I've just demonstrated. There's
also a
way for screen readers to deal with browsers that doesn't involve
code
injection, I believe this is how NVDA deals with Microsoft Edge
because
Edge doesn't allow code injection. That's also part of why
everybody's
still working on Edge accessibility, sure, that way doesn't
materialize
overnight, it has to be implemented and I'm sure issues have to be
worked out with it, e.g. if a browser needs to expose certain
things it
doesn't currently.


I get that the change Firefox is making isn't ideal for us, I'm
just
saying, there's a reason for it, and there are a lot of
alternatives to
using the new Firefox, including an older accessible version of
Firefox
if you don't feel like trying to change browsers and use Chrome or
Edge
until better accessibility for the new version of Firefox is
worked
out.
There's no reason to assume that the sky is falling and that
nothing
will ever get better because clearly, Firefox is going down the
road of
hating blind people and ignoring them entirely and thus we're all
crewed.


On 11/4/2017 19:13, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi John,


Besides all that rhetoric, Mozilla has set the 'disable all
accessibility features' item to unchecked by default. As long
as you
don't turn it on by accident, there shouldn't be any problem. I
don't
know what the chance of you getting infected or hacked by
something is
when this item is turned off, but I would imagine it isn't
very high
because I don't see any greater number of blind people getting
hacked
proportionately than sighted folks. Still there is an issue with
security now of days and it probably won't get any better for
years.
Some people have already tested 57 with screen readers and were
careful not to check the box and things seem reasonably good.



On 11/4/2017 6:08 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you'd read all of the stuff in Freedom Scientific's post, you
would
have seen this link.


https://www.marcozehe.de/2017/09/29/rethinking-web-accessibility-on-windows/








Code injection is a horrible idea from a security standpoint and
also a
coding one. It was something that was necessary back in the day,
but
probably isn't anymore. So that was a change that probably
should
have
happened long before now anyway. It makes sense as a change and
it was
going to cause this issue whenever it happened. Not only do
we have
several accessible browsers to choose from, we have an
accessible
version of the one with the problem and one assumes work will be
done to
make the current version accessible. Seriously, do you people do
anything other than bitch about stuff? I'm beginning to
wonder. I
get
that the transition is annoying, sure. but some times there are
actually
good reasons to change things, however annoying the transition
happens
to be, and honestly, this one isn't all that bad in the grand
scheme of
things.


On 11/4/2017 4:14, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
Indeed, However I am critical of Mozillas handling of this. Its
not
often that the makers of Jaws put up a page about the
pitfalls and
also criticise a particular company for being unthinking about
their
policy toward the VI community.

Let us hope that somebody in the management at that
organisation
takes
us more seriously, however I'm not holding my breath, and
I'm not
sure
if jamie working for them will help much if the culture is
going
down
the road toward making all software inaccessible to stop
hacking. He
is probably not the most tactful person in the world as indeed
neither
am I. I can now afford to grow old disgracefully. Age has its
advantages as history does tend to repeat itself and we have
all
been
here before, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "никиÑ,а Ñ,аÑ?аÑ
ов"
<ntarasov29@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc



Hello. I don't think it's worth installing Mozila 57 until
she's
fully
available to NVDA.
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено из ÐYоÑ?Ñ,Ñ< Ð´Ð»Ñ Windows 10

ÐzÑ,: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
ÐzÑ,пÑ?авлено: 3 Ð½Ð¾Ñ Ð±Ñ?Ñ  2017 г. в 21:17
ÐsомÑf: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Yes I saw a message on the issues list from James, about some
fixing
for
version 58, so maybe it will get resolved from the currently
unusable
state.
Its new users of any screenreader I feel sorry for, especially
where
its a
shared machine and the sighted member just lets firefox update.
There are a couple of other issues. It disabled both my add
ons,
navigational sounds and Ublock Origin ad blocker and even
when I
put
the
version 52 back on I had to re download both add ons and
install
them
again.
Not only that but nvda after the update could not read the
screen of
the add
ons manager, I had to exit firefox completely and go back in
again to
see
if they had installed correctly, I'm sure this was not the case
prior
to up
and down dating the version I had, which was 55. How also
does one
set
52 to
get security updates without letting it update to 57 as I
see it
wants
to do
till I set updates to no, ie not recommended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza"
<lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc


Hi, Brian


I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the
reason
why I
keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but
for
now I
will
stick to this version because there is likely more stable in
performance
and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I
could go
for
to use and test it again.


Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to
what
Joseph
posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average
unaware
updater
found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the
page
is
readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You
just
here
unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be
altered,
I do
not
know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I
could not
find
any
option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose
almost half
of my
bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying
to use
Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda,
and I
am up
to date with the master branch here, will not be able to
do so
unless
they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need
the
permission
of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto
updates. I
have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks
back as
well as
functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the
current
state of
play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a
machine
in a
similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it
from
updating
to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.













--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org










--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org


Re: Weather Plus 4.6 03.11.2017 update available

Kwork
 


All you have to do is change the .zip extention to .nvda-addon. In other words:
weather_plus4.6.zip
would become
weather_plus4.6.nvda-addon
Many download programs and web browsers will change the extention to .zip upon downloading. As soon as you change it back to .nvda-addon then you can enter on the file to install the addon
Travis

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather Plus 4.6 03.11.2017 update available

Hi,

 

I downloaded the weather plus addon, but can not find the installer.  I extracted the zip file but can not find an installer file to install it.  Thiks is the first add on I have had trouble installing.  I looked at the docs but could  not find anything about installing.  Thanks.

 

Matthew

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather Plus 4.6 03.11.2017 update available

 

Hi,

 

Apparently, this problem happens only to you.

For some reason your installation is not successful.

The fact is detected, a "installTasks" is significant, because the Weather

Plus not using it anymore, by a lot.

There seems to be a conflict with the old version not deleted.

 

I repeat:

1. You need to uninstall Weather Plus, and then restart nvda.

2. Make sure that Weather Plus is no longer in the list of add-ons, test it

from tools, Manage addons...

3. Only if it's ok, install the new version.

http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus4.6.nvda-addon

Once you have restarted nvda, open the menu tools, Manage addons... and

verify the

new version

 

Cheers

Adriano

 

 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Akbar S. Currim" <raahzam@...>

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 2:51 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather Plus 4.6 03.11.2017 update available

 

 

> Hi,

> Here is the log after selecting the debug level.  Please do help.

> Thanks,

> Akbar

> INFO - __main__ (19:16:21.479):

> Starting NVDA

> INFO - core.main (19:16:21.986):

> Config dir: C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda

> INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (19:16:21.987):

> Loading config: C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\nvda.ini

> INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (19:16:22.000):

> Config loaded (after upgrade, and in the state it will be used by NVDA):

> {u'schemaVersion': u'2', u'upgrade': {}, u'update': {u'autoCheck':

> u'True'}, u'general': {u'showWelcomeDialogAtStartup': u'False',

> u'language': u'Windows', u'saveConfigurationOnExit': u'True',

> u'askToExit': u'True', u'playStartAndExitSounds': u'True',

> u'loggingLevel': u'DEBUG'}, u'speech': {u'synth': u'eloquence',

> u'outputDevice': u'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti',

> u'autoDialectSwitching': u'False', u'symbolLevel': u'100',

> u'autoLanguageSwitching': u'False', u'espeak': {u'voice': u'en',

> u'variant': u'max', u'rate': u'20', u'pitch': u'40', u'inflection':

> u'75', u'volume': u'100'}, u'eloquence': {u'voice': u'65536',

> u'variant': u'1', u'pitch': u'62', u'inflection': u'30', u'volume':

> u'92', u'rate': u'29', u'useSpellingFunctionality': u'False'},

> u'sapi5': {u'voice':

> u'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Speech\\Voices\\Tokens\\TTS_MS_EN-US_DAVID_11.0',

> u'volume': u'100', u'rate': u'55', u'useSpellingFunctionality':

> u'False', u'capPitchChange': u'40'}, u'vocalizer_expressive2':

> {u'voice': u'Oliver', u'variant': u'premium-high', u'volume': u'92',

> u'pitch': u'68', u'rate': u'60', u'capPitchChange': u'40'}, u'sv':

> {u'variant': u'0', u'voice': u'1', u'pitch': u'4', u'inflection':

> u'25', u'perturb': u'0', u'vfactor': u'20', u'avbias': u'45',

> u'afbias': u'45', u'ahbias': u'45', u'intstyle': u'0', u'vmode': u'0',

> u'gender': u'0', u'glot': u'0', u'smode': u'0'}}, u'braille':

> {u'noBraille': {u'port': u''}}, u'keyboard':

> {u'useCapsLockAsNVDAModifierKey': u'True', u'keyboardLayout':

> u'laptop', u'speakCommandKeys': u'False', u'alertForSpellingErrors':

> u'False', u'speakTypedCharacters': u'True', u'speakTypedWords':

> u'False'}, u'mouse': {u'enableMouseTracking': u'False'},

> u'documentFormatting': {u'autoLanguageSwitching': u'False',

> u'reportSpellingErrors': u'False', u'reportLineIndentation': u'False',

> u'reportLineIndentationWithTones': u'False', u'reportClickable':

> u'False', u'reportLandmarks': u'True'}, u'speechViewer': {u'x': u'85',

> u'y': u'55', u'width': u'500', u'height': u'500', u'displays':

> [u'(3200, 1800)'], u'autoPositionWindow': u'False'}, u'presentation':

> {u'guessObjectPositionInformationWhenUnavailable': u'True',

> u'reportDynamicContentChanges': u'False', u'reportObjectDescriptions':

> u'True', u'reportTooltips': u'True', u'progressBarUpdates':

> {u'progressBarOutputMode': u'both', u'reportBackgroundProgressBars':

> u'True'}}, u'virtualBuffers': {u'useScreenLayout': u'False'},

> u'audio': {u'audioDuckingMode': u'0'}, u'uwpOcr': {u'language':

> u'en-GB'}, u'wintenApps': {u'updateCheckTime': u'1510302132'}}

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.125):

> setting language to Windows

> INFO - core.main (19:16:22.125):

> NVDA version 2017.3

> INFO - core.main (19:16:22.127):

> Using Windows version 10.0.15063 workstation

> INFO - core.main (19:16:22.127):

> Using Python version 2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016,

> 20:42:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

> INFO - core.main (19:16:22.127):

> Using comtypes version 0.6.2

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.160):

> Initializing add-ons system

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.loadModule (19:16:22.163):

> Importing module installTasks from plugin Weather Plus

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.332):

> Listing add-ons from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.332):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\bitChe

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.338):

> Found add-on bitChe

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.338):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\clipContentsDesigner

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.342):

> Found add-on clipContentsDesigner

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.342):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\dayOfTheWeek

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.348):

> Found add-on dayOfTheWeek

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.348):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\easyTableNavigator

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.352):

> Found add-on easyTableNavigator

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.352):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Eloquence

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.358):

> Found add-on Eloquence

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.358):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\instantTranslate

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.362):

> Found add-on instantTranslate

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.364):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\mp3DirectCut

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.368):

> Found add-on mp3DirectCut

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.368):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\ocr

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.372):

> Found add-on ocr

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.372):

> Disabling add-on ocr

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.374):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\placeMarkers

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.378):

> Found add-on placeMarkers

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.378):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\reportSymbols

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.384):

> Found add-on reportSymbols

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.384):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\reviewCursorCopier

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.388):

> Found add-on reviewCursorCopier

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.388):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Softvoice

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.394):

> Found add-on Softvoice

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.394):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\speakPasswords

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.398):

> Found add-on speakPasswords

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.398):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\systrayList

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.404):

> Found add-on systrayList

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.404):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\tipOfTheDay

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.408):

> Found add-on tipOfTheDay

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.408):

> Disabling add-on tipOfTheDay

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.408):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Daniel-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.414):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Daniel-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.414):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Kate-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.418):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Kate-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.418):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Malcolm-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.424):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Malcolm-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.426):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Oliver-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.430):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Oliver-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.430):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Serena-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.434):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Serena-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.436):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Ava-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.440):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Ava-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.440):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Nathan-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.444):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Nathan-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.444):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Samantha-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.450):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Samantha-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.450):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Susan-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.454):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Susan-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.454):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Tom-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.460):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Tom-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.460):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Zoe-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.464):

> Found add-on vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Zoe-PremiumHigh

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.466):

> Loading add-on from

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer_expressive2_driver

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.470):

> Found add-on vocalizer_expressive2_driver

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.470):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.470):

> Found add-on Weather Plus

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.470):

> Loading add-on from C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\wintenApps

> DEBUG - addonHandler._getAvailableAddonsFromPath (19:16:22.476):

> Found add-on wintenApps

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.717):

> Initializing appModule Handler

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.717):

> Addon bitChe added to appModules package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.717):

> Addon mp3DirectCut added to appModules package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.719):

> Addon wintenApps added to appModules package path

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.719):

> Initializing NVDAHelper

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.749):

> Speech Dictionary processing

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.749):

> Loading speech dictionary

> 'C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\speechDicts\default.dic'...

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.759):

> 35 loaded records.

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.759):

> Loading speech dictionary 'builtin.dic'...

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.766):

> 3 loaded records.

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.767):

> Initializing speech

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.767):

> Addon Eloquence added to synthDrivers package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.767):

> Addon Softvoice added to synthDrivers package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:22.769):

> Addon vocalizer_expressive2_driver added to synthDrivers package path

> DEBUG - external:synthDrivers.eloquence.SynthDriver.__init__

> (19:16:22.920):

> Using Eloquence version 6.1.0.0

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.924):

> Loading speech dictionary

> 'C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\speechDicts\eloquence-American

> English.dic'...

> DEBUG - speechDictHandler.SpeechDict.load (19:16:22.924):

> file 'C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\speechDicts\eloquence-American

> English.dic' not found.

> INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (19:16:22.926):

> Loaded synthDriver eloquence

> INFO - core.main (19:16:22.926):

> Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.927):

> Initializing braille input

> INFO - brailleInput.initialize (19:16:22.927):

> Braille input initialized

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.927):

> Initializing braille

> INFO - braille.initialize (19:16:22.928):

> Using liblouis version 3.2.0

> INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (19:16:22.930):

> Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.930):

> Initializing displayModel

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.930):

> Initializing GUI

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.976):

> initializing Java Access Bridge support

> WARNING - core.main (19:16:22.976):

> Java Access Bridge not available

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.977):

> Initializing winConsole support

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:22.977):

> Initializing UIA support

> INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (19:16:22.980):

> UIAutomation: IUIAutomation3

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.246):

> Initializing IAccessible support

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.246):

> Initializing input core

> DEBUGWARNING - inputCore.InputManager.loadLocaleGestureMap (19:16:23.246):

> No locale gesture map for language en

> DEBUGWARNING - inputCore.InputManager.loadUserGestureMap (19:16:23.246):

> No user gesture map

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.246):

> Initializing keyboard handler

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.247):

> initializing mouse handler

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.279):

> Initializing touchHandler

> DEBUGWARNING - touchHandler.initialize (19:16:23.279):

> No touch devices found

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:23.279):

> Initializing global plugin handler

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.279):

> Addon clipContentsDesigner added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.279):

> Addon dayOfTheWeek added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.279):

> Addon easyTableNavigator added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.280):

> Addon instantTranslate added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.280):

> Addon mp3DirectCut added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.280):

> Addon placeMarkers added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.280):

> Addon reportSymbols added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.280):

> Addon reviewCursorCopier added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.282):

> Addon speakPasswords added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.282):

> Addon systrayList added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.282):

> Addon vocalizer_expressive2_driver added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.282):

> Addon Weather Plus added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUG - addonHandler.Addon.addToPackagePath (19:16:23.282):

> Addon wintenApps added to globalPlugins package path

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.342):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:67: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'samplesvolumes_dic' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.342):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:228: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'volume' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.342):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:228: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'samplesvolumes_dic' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.342):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:380: SyntaxWarning: name

> '_addonBaseUrl' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:851: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'curSample' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:870: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'handle' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:968: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'handle' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:968: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'curSample' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:968: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'volume' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:1012: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'handle' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:1012: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'curSample' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.344):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:1012: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'volume' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.345):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:2310: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'samplesvolumes_dic' is used prior to global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.345):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:2317: SyntaxWarning: name

> 'volume' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUGWARNING - Python warning (19:16:23.345):

> C:\Users\raahz\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Weather

> Plus\globalPlugins\weather plus\__init__.py:2542: SyntaxWarning: name

> '_addonBaseUrl' is assigned to before global declaration

> DEBUG -

> external:synthDrivers.vocalizer_expressive2._vocalizer.preInitialize

> (19:16:24.802):

> installed voice add-ons:

> [u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Daniel-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Kate-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Malcolm-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Oliver-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-eng-Serena-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Ava-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Nathan-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Samantha-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Susan-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Tom-PremiumHigh',

> u'vocalizer-expressive2-voice-enu-Zoe-PremiumHigh']

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:25.250):

> Initializing core pump

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:25.252):

> Initializing watchdog

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:25.253):

> initializing updateCheck

> INFO - core.main (19:16:25.253):

> NVDA initialized

> DEBUG - core.main (19:16:25.253):

> entering wx application main loop

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:25.312):

> Speaking [u'Notice!  dialog  An upgrade is available for Weather

> Plus.\r\nClick on the Check for upgrades menu to download it.']

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:25.336):

> Speaking [u'OK  button']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:26.977):

> Input: kb(laptop):enter

> DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole

> (19:16:26.996):

> accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None,

> None, None, 0, None))

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:27.052):

> Speaking [u'English (United States) - US']

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:27.128):

> Speaking [u'Downloads  window']

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:27.138):

> Speaking [u'Items View  list']

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:27.145):

> Speaking [u'weather_plus4.6(1).nvda-addon  2 of 86']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:35.911):

> Input: kb(laptop):NVDA+n

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:35.996):

> Speaking [u'NVDA  menu']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:36.888):

> Input: kb(laptop):downArrow

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:36.915):

> Speaking [u'Preferences  subMenu  p']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:37.921):

> Input: kb(laptop):downArrow

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:37.936):

> Speaking [u'Tools  subMenu  t']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:39.007):

> Input: kb(laptop):enter

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:39.036):

> Speaking [u'View log  v  1 of 7']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:39.654):

> Input: kb(laptop):downArrow

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:39.680):

> Speaking [u'Speech viewer  s  2 of 7']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:40.430):

> Input: kb(laptop):upArrow

> IO - speech.speak (19:16:40.464):

> Speaking [u'View log  v  1 of 7']

> IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (19:16:40.979):

> Input: kb(laptop):enter

> On 11/3/17, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io

> <adrianobarb@...> wrote:

>> Hi to every one,

>> Changes in this version:

>> * Improved the reading of current local time; search keys are more

>> accurate.

>> 

>> Weather Plus can update alone, however, it is possible to download

>> manually from the following links:

>> http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus4.6.nvda-addon

>> or from page:

>> http://www.nvda.it/weather-plus/

>> or from page:

>> https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/weatherPlus.en.html

>> 

>> Cheers

>> Adriano

>> 

>

 

 

 

 


Re: Weather Plus 4.6 06.11.2017 update available

Rod Hutton <rod_hutton@...>
 

Hi Adriano,

I'm quite new as a regular user of NVDA, coming on over from Window-Eyes, which was and continues to be a great screen reader.
I've even written quite a few Window-Eyes apps, including one called Web Page Reader, which I still use to grab weather info from my local Environment Canada website.
I've installed your Weather add-on, and I want to compliment you on a very well-designed and powerful add-on, and to thank you for it.

Thank you again,

Rod Hutton
Toronto, Canada

-----Original Message-----From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io
Sent: November 6, 2017 4:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Weather Plus 4.6 06.11.2017 update available

Hi to every one,

Changes in this version:
* Fixed a small bug during the reading of the current time;
The separator ":" not being removed during conversion to integer.

Weather Plus can update alone, however, it is possible to download
manually from the following links:
http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus4.6.nvda-addon
or from page:
http://www.nvda.it/weather-plus/
or from page:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/weatherPlus.en.html

Cheers
Adriano Barbieri