Date   
Re: Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Go to the NVDA menu with insert N and arrow down to "help". Hit enter on it and arrow down to "check for updates" and uncheck it.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

 

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

 

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

Re: In-Process 13th December 2017

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Quentin,

 

I'd like to thank you and everyone at NV Access for everything you've done to make NVDA the great screen reader that it is today. I've really enjoyed reading the blogs for this year and look forward to reading them again in 2018.

 

Rosemarie

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] In-Process 13th December 2017

 

Hi everyone,

 

Well it's that time of year, the last In-Process blog for the year!  Here it is:

 

 

Thanks for being so supportive and enthusiastic of the blog this year.  It's been fun and I look forward to bringing it to you again regularly in 2018!

 

Quentin.

 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

Sharni-Lee Ward
 

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.


Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

In-Process 13th December 2017

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi everyone,

Well it's that time of year, the last In-Process blog for the year!  Here it is:


Thanks for being so supportive and enthusiastic of the blog this year.  It's been fun and I look forward to bringing it to you again regularly in 2018!

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Boot with NVDA

Andrea Sherry
 

Please what is the link to download this boot cdrom image.

Andrea

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Re: Alex

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>
 

Welcome to the club. I'd love to see the Siri male and female voices, especially the ones now in iOS11 be available on Windows with NVDA, or for that mind on OSX on the Mac, but I don't perceive that as happening anytime soon lamentably.

I don't know much about this myself, though I do have some inside sources, not as many as I used to, but still, to Apple, anyway, I do know that Alex as well as the Siri voices are not part of Vocalizer, nor are they a part of the Nuance voices.

Just wanted to clarify that from someone who is an extremely extremely in depth/advanced Apple user of just about all their products.

Chris.

On Dec 12, 2017, at 4:47 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

At&T holds the copyright for Alex I believe.


On 12/11/2017 12:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
If it is Alex then you will need to find out who owns the copyright. It may well be that Apple wanted at least some voices only they have, and hence anyone else using it would no doubt get sued to within an inch of their wallets.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica D" <jldail13@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] iPhone's Siri Male US English voice for use with NVDA?


Hi,
I wants had a copy of the Alex voice that worked with Anna VDA. It wasn't a full-fledged voice though. It could read a few things, but that's about it. Really wish someone would make one that was full-fledged. If it existed, I would download it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Dec 11, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Damien Sykes <damien@...> wrote:

Hi,
Are you sure it's a Vocaliser voice and not one made by Apple? Apple recently started putting their own voices onto iOS, like Alex and so on.
Cheers.
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] iPhone's Siri Male US English voice for use with NVDA?

I'm looking for the Siri Male iPhone voice (or its equivalent) on
Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer Voices page, to use especially for reading, with
NVDA, but it's not there. Might it be that's not been added yet? It'd be
a dream come true if I could have it. Thanks for info.

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird










Re: Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition ofWelcome to NVDA tutorials set?

David Moore
 

Yes, Joseph!

You do such agood job!

A new update-to-date recording would help so many!

I hope you do the recordings.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition ofWelcome to NVDA tutorials set?

 

Joseph,

 

I agree. It's important to know what new changes are taking place and to learn about them. An updated tutorial is a great idea.

 

Rosemarie

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

 

Joseph I really think you should record this.

 

On 12/9/2017 11:53 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear global NVDA community,

 

After reading recent threads on various NVDA lists and looking at some tweets, I find myself asking if I should do it again: record the 2018 edition of the popular “Welcome to NVDA” tutorials set. The thing is, there are more superb tutorials out now, including NV Access’s own Basic Training module. I do understand that many folks have come to know NVDA through my tutorials and some tutorials used mine as a reference or a guide.

 

For reference, the 2015 edition of this tutorials set can be found at:

http://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

 

If the community says I should record the 2018 edition, it’ll be done with some conditions:

 

·         The tutorial will be based on a combination of 2017.4 and latest snapshot features.

·         I’ll be using Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).

·         I will not ask for payment for this set; if you insist on paying me, I’d rather ask you to donate to NV Access.

·         If possible, I’ll come up with a text transcript and a way for folks to provide edits via pull requests on GitHub.

·         I’ll be moving away from Internet Explorer for browse mode demonstrations, opting for Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

 

Below is a list of changes between 2015 and 2018 editions provided you say I should do it:

 

·         I’ll be using Windows OneCore voices for most speech demos.

·         Chapter 1 (Intro) will be expanded and re-recorded to improve recording quality, as well as adding additional information such as command line switches to start a portable copy after creating one and a note on Controlled Folder Access.

·         Chapter 2 (Basics) will go over more touchscreen possibilities, some command changes (including copying the contents of status bars) and others.

·         Chapter 3 (Objects and object navigation) will feature new examples, especially more universal app examples.

·         Chapter 4 (Browsing the web) will feature reading PDF documents with Microsoft Edge, turning off single letter navigation commands on the fly and elements list improvements.

·         Chapter 5 (Apps) will feature new and updated examples.

·         Chapters 6 and 7 (Configuration) will feature new settings, including Windows 10 OCR and many others.

·         Chapter 8 (tools) will feature content recognition.

·         Chapter 9 (Add-ons) will feature new and updated examples, including Remote Support add-on.

·         Addenda may include a word on ARM64 support, development snapshots and what not.

 

Comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

 

Re: turning up the volume in youtube

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Thanks, Tony. This helps a lot. I was watching the 1984 version of A Christmas Carol.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 9:59 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] turning up the volume in youtube

Hi Rose Marie,


On the you tube web page, there's a couple of sliders for the player. the first one is for moving backward and forward through the file you are watching, and the second one is the one for increasing and decreasing the volume. When you land on these sliders, NVDA will go into browse mode initially but you can tab through the controls until you find the volume slider and adjust it to your liking. Hope this helps.


Tony


On 12/8/2017 5:25 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to watch a movie on youtube but the volume is quite low.
How do I turn it up without having to turn up my speakers?

Thanks for your helpp in advance.

Rosemarie





Re: turning up the volume in youtube

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, Gene,

 

This is great to know. I'll remember this in the future when I want to watch a movie.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 10:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] turning up the volume in youtube

 

You don't have to work with these sliders and it's easier and more efficient not to.  From the top of the page, type the letter b until you get to something like the pause button.  That will mean that you are in the player interface.  Turn off browse mode with NVDA key space.

use up and down arrow to raise and lower the volume

.  To jump forward or back in a playing track, use right or left arrow.

Use main keyboard numbers 1 through nine to jump from one percent of the file to various percents.

1 is ten percent.  2 is twenty percent, etc.  0 starts play over from the start of the file and if the file has finished, pressing 0 will start play at the beginning again.  I haven't tested to see if other numbers resume play, once over, from those percents.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:59 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] turning up the volume in youtube

 

Hi Rose Marie,


On the you tube web page, there's a couple of sliders for the player. 
the first one is for moving backward and forward through the file you
are watching, and the second one is the one for increasing and
decreasing the volume. When you land on these sliders, NVDA will go into
browse mode initially but you can tab through the controls until you
find the volume slider and adjust it to your liking. Hope this helps.


Tony


On 12/8/2017 5:25 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> I'm trying to watch a movie on youtube but the volume is quite low. How do I
> turn it up without having to turn up my speakers?
>
> Thanks for your helpp in advance.
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>



Re: Enabling key echo in putty and editing using nano

Pranav Lal
 

Hi Antony,

The problem is with putty at my end. The problem occurs irrespective of what
I am doing on the server.

Pranav

Re: Survey: Preferred Help Formatr

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I prefer HTML help. I don't mind images as long as there are alt tags to
describe them.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John J.
Boyer
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Survey: Preferred Help Formatr

I prefer B, html. See the NVDA user guide as an example. Of course you can
include images, as long as using them is not mandatory.

John

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 02:44:32PM +0000, tonea.ctr.morrow@... wrote:
My team hasn't told me which help format we will be using for the online
help. So, I thought I'd ask a little survey:

Which online help system do you prefer to use and a brief why, a.k.a. does
one grant you more opportunities than another or is one more difficult with
which to make a screen reader work?:

A) Win Help (chm): old-style windows help system with a content tree
on the left, a large pane containing information filling the right and
center areas, and a header across the top with forward, backward type
buttons.

B) HTML Help: the design is similar to Win Help, but the whole thing
runs in a web browser-whichever one is your default browswer.

C) PDF - Portable Document Format with proper tags.
--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM
services
that are available at no cost

Re: Recently updated on accessibilitycentral.net

David Moore
 

Hi Gene NZ!

Thanks so much for what you do for us!

God bless!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Recently updated on accessibilitycentral.net

 

Hi guys

Pages recently updated
Recently updated: Added links to NVDA Guides on all NVDA related pages

New: Added a tutorial How to access safe mode in Windows and exit it with the NVDA screen reader by Hareth  and co to the NVDA audio tutorials page under the troubleshooting section http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html Added a tutorial (by Gene Asner) called Navigating ribbons in WordPad (to the NVDA tutorials learning the basics page) http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20learning%20the%20basics.html Added a tutorial called Using the Ribbon interface in Windows via the keyboard (by Brian Vogel) to the NVDA tutorials for Windows 10 page. http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

Gene NZ

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

 

Re: Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Joseph,

 

I agree. It's important to know what new changes are taking place and to learn about them. An updated tutorial is a great idea.

 

Rosemarie

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

 

Joseph I really think you should record this.

 

On 12/9/2017 11:53 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear global NVDA community,

 

After reading recent threads on various NVDA lists and looking at some tweets, I find myself asking if I should do it again: record the 2018 edition of the popular “Welcome to NVDA” tutorials set. The thing is, there are more superb tutorials out now, including NV Access’s own Basic Training module. I do understand that many folks have come to know NVDA through my tutorials and some tutorials used mine as a reference or a guide.

 

For reference, the 2015 edition of this tutorials set can be found at:

http://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

 

If the community says I should record the 2018 edition, it’ll be done with some conditions:

 

  • The tutorial will be based on a combination of 2017.4 and latest snapshot features.
  • I’ll be using Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).
  • I will not ask for payment for this set; if you insist on paying me, I’d rather ask you to donate to NV Access.
  • If possible, I’ll come up with a text transcript and a way for folks to provide edits via pull requests on GitHub.
  • I’ll be moving away from Internet Explorer for browse mode demonstrations, opting for Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

 

Below is a list of changes between 2015 and 2018 editions provided you say I should do it:

 

  • I’ll be using Windows OneCore voices for most speech demos.
  • Chapter 1 (Intro) will be expanded and re-recorded to improve recording quality, as well as adding additional information such as command line switches to start a portable copy after creating one and a note on Controlled Folder Access.
  • Chapter 2 (Basics) will go over more touchscreen possibilities, some command changes (including copying the contents of status bars) and others.
  • Chapter 3 (Objects and object navigation) will feature new examples, especially more universal app examples.
  • Chapter 4 (Browsing the web) will feature reading PDF documents with Microsoft Edge, turning off single letter navigation commands on the fly and elements list improvements.
  • Chapter 5 (Apps) will feature new and updated examples.
  • Chapters 6 and 7 (Configuration) will feature new settings, including Windows 10 OCR and many others.
  • Chapter 8 (tools) will feature content recognition.
  • Chapter 9 (Add-ons) will feature new and updated examples, including Remote Support add-on.
  • Addenda may include a word on ARM64 support, development snapshots and what not.

 

Comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

Getting advanced design information about web pages from NVDA

erik burggraaf <erik@...>
 

Hi, I've got some advanced html css projects due for school, and I need to check my code in a browser. NVDA gives me some basic font and colour information which is helpful, but I need more. For example, right now NVDA tells me that everything is "default aligned" regardless of whether it's centred in it's container or not. If I use margin:auto, I get align default. If I use textalign I get left right or centre, but I can't textalign everything plus I also need vertical alignment info. I'm learning css grid, so I also need the placement info for the divs in the grid and I need format information about various section and other html 5 layout elements. Is there an add-on or advanced feature that can help me?

Thanks,

Erik

Re: I can't get NVDA's synthesizer to read Mexican currency as

Quentin Christensen
 

Hi Gera,

I'll grab the low hanging fruit off this one, which is that the synthesizer will add its own pronunciation to things, as it appears to be doing for USD$230.  You can add your own entry into the speech dictionary (it's speech dictionary you want rather than punctuation/symbol pronunciation).  You will likely be best using Regex to format it so you can look for the string "mxn$" followed by a number, and I must confess, my Regex is a bit rusty so I'll leave the exact syntax for someone else to hopefully help with!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 3:22 AM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:
Using NVDA's Vocalizer, where or how would I make NVDA to read this Mxn$3800 as 3800 Mexican pesos? I ask this because when typing in for instance USD$230 it reads exactly right as I'd like for the Mexican currency to read. I tried putting into the pronounciation dictionary but it didn't work. any ideas?

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Re: booleted items not being spoken in nvdasymbols like bullets and

Dan Thompson
 

Thank you many times for your tip.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] booleted items not being spoken in nvdasymbols like bullets and

 

Enable  lists in document formating settings.

 

 

Best

Adriani

 

Von meinem iPhone gesendet


Am 09.12.2017 um 15:42 schrieb Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...>:

Hi All,

When in Word 2010 and adding bullets, they are not spoken when going back to check if the bullet is present.

I have tried the settings of all punctuation, some and most and the indication of a bullet being  present is still not spoken.  Am I changing the wrong setting.

Thanks for your advice and have a great holiday season.with now change in

Re: Just a word of warning

Lino Morales
 

Check your spam folder Bryan and watch some Monty Pithon while your at it LOL! Spam is a wonderful meat in a can.

On 12/11/2017 12:42 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I seem to be missing some posts to this list in my email, as I can see replies to some where the original is not there. Don't have time to go furtling about on the web site and it will probably get rectified soon so if anyone has asked me anything or I appear thick  that either means I am thick or I did not see the original!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Alex

Lino Morales
 

At&T holds the copyright for Alex I believe.

On 12/11/2017 12:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
If it is Alex then you will need to find out who owns the copyright. It may well be that Apple wanted at least some voices only they have, and hence anyone else using it would no doubt get sued to within an inch of their wallets.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica D" <jldail13@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] iPhone's Siri Male US English voice for use with NVDA?


Hi,
I wants had a copy of the Alex voice that worked with Anna VDA. It wasn't a full-fledged voice though. It could read a few things, but that's about it. Really wish someone would make one that was full-fledged. If it existed, I would download it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Dec 11, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Damien Sykes <damien@...> wrote:

Hi,
Are you sure it's a Vocaliser voice and not one made by Apple? Apple recently started putting their own voices onto iOS, like Alex and so on.
Cheers.
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] iPhone's Siri Male US English voice for use with NVDA?

I'm looking for the Siri Male iPhone voice (or its equivalent) on
Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer Voices page, to use especially for reading, with
NVDA, but it's not there. Might it be that's not been added yet? It'd be
a dream come true if I could have it. Thanks for info.

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird








Re: Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

Lino Morales
 

Joseph I really think you should record this.


On 12/9/2017 11:53 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear global NVDA community,

 

After reading recent threads on various NVDA lists and looking at some tweets, I find myself asking if I should do it again: record the 2018 edition of the popular “Welcome to NVDA” tutorials set. The thing is, there are more superb tutorials out now, including NV Access’s own Basic Training module. I do understand that many folks have come to know NVDA through my tutorials and some tutorials used mine as a reference or a guide.

 

For reference, the 2015 edition of this tutorials set can be found at:

http://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

 

If the community says I should record the 2018 edition, it’ll be done with some conditions:

 

  • The tutorial will be based on a combination of 2017.4 and latest snapshot features.
  • I’ll be using Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).
  • I will not ask for payment for this set; if you insist on paying me, I’d rather ask you to donate to NV Access.
  • If possible, I’ll come up with a text transcript and a way for folks to provide edits via pull requests on GitHub.
  • I’ll be moving away from Internet Explorer for browse mode demonstrations, opting for Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

 

Below is a list of changes between 2015 and 2018 editions provided you say I should do it:

 

  • I’ll be using Windows OneCore voices for most speech demos.
  • Chapter 1 (Intro) will be expanded and re-recorded to improve recording quality, as well as adding additional information such as command line switches to start a portable copy after creating one and a note on Controlled Folder Access.
  • Chapter 2 (Basics) will go over more touchscreen possibilities, some command changes (including copying the contents of status bars) and others.
  • Chapter 3 (Objects and object navigation) will feature new examples, especially more universal app examples.
  • Chapter 4 (Browsing the web) will feature reading PDF documents with Microsoft Edge, turning off single letter navigation commands on the fly and elements list improvements.
  • Chapter 5 (Apps) will feature new and updated examples.
  • Chapters 6 and 7 (Configuration) will feature new settings, including Windows 10 OCR and many others.
  • Chapter 8 (tools) will feature content recognition.
  • Chapter 9 (Add-ons) will feature new and updated examples, including Remote Support add-on.
  • Addenda may include a word on ARM64 support, development snapshots and what not.

 

Comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: Just a word of warning

Sarah k Alawami
 

Gmail actually are Lmissing with filters. The replies are not missing or me they are just in different folders and I have to hunt them down and move them myself using apple mail. Not too bad but annoying.

Take care

On Dec 11, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I seem to be missing some posts to this list in my email, as I can see replies to some where the original is not there. Don't have time to go furtling about on the web site and it will probably get rectified soon so if anyone has asked me anything or I appear thick that either means I am thick or I did not see the original!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.