Date   

Query colour of current text in web browser?

Jacob Kruger
 

Like subject says, am wondering if there's any way to query colour pattern of current text in web browser? Ask partly since even if turn on colour change reporting, it doesn't seem to apply in web pages?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"


Re: Translation add-on

Kevin Cussick
 

you can use QTranslate I have it installed but don't often find I need it. so not the best person for instruction.

On 06/05/2016 11:39, Nightowl wrote:
Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the
occasional work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon
does not seem to work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to
translate foreign words when in NVDA.

Thank you.





Re: question regarding windows live mail

 

I can confirm that based upon Microsoft's own support release regarding the "change to outlook.com mail infrastructure" it is only their own e-mail addresses, which are those ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com, @msn.com, and @outlook.com that are affected as far as no longer being compatible with WLM 2012.

If your e-mail service provider continues to use either IMAP or POP either one is fully supported in WLM 2012 (and since it's not being updated except for security fixes it will continue to be supported in WLM 2012).

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: code factory addons

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>
 

alright, what do you want to know, I am using the vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.0.20.nvda-addon and am using the codefactory-1.0.nvda-addon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] code factory addons


Hello Isaac!

Regarding the problem with Vocalizer for NVDA from Tiflotecnia, please contact us, since it is possible to have both products in the same NVDA installation.

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.



-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Isaac
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 11:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] code factory addons


Hi, to the moderators of the list, why do you allow and advertise the codefactory addon if it is so buggy. Many have complained, and no answers have been given. Just about everyone who has bought the addon has complained of sound crackling, and I have a super complaint. When I install the addon it kills my other vocalizer addon, and removes it from the synthesizer list. Are you guys just not giving a care because you get 10% of the sale, or what. People spend good money for a voice and they expect it to work. I appreciate nvda and the work put in to it, it works great, but these people are slow to respond to tickets, and if you call them during over-seas business hours, the tech support team says they will open a trouble ticket and plays dumb like the issue hasn't hardly been reported





Re: code factory addons

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>
 

no, the codefactory one works fine, not the codefactory one

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Shook" <chris0309@samobile.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] code factory addons


Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the addon works fine, does it not?
Chris


Re: code factory addons

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>
 

I have both the one from Tiflotecnia, and the one from codefactory,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] code factory addons


Hello!

As I don't know to wich message you're replying...

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia, the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Chris Shook
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 16:56
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] code factory addons

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the
addon works fine, does it not?
Chris






Re: code factory addons

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

I don't own the codefactory addon. However, I did atempt the trial version and it worked fine. I used it until it expired and didn't have a problem.


Re: code factory addons

Greg Wocher
 

Hello,

I too have both on my machine and they work just fine. The only thing I have an issue with is the Code Factory Eloquence and the crackling noises.


Regards,

Greg Wocher

On 5/6/2016 12:03 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

As I don't know to wich message you're replying...

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia,
the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer
and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I
have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Chris Shook
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 16:56
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] code factory addons

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the
addon works fine, does it not?
Chris





Re: question regarding windows live mail

Kevin Huber
 

Hi Marvin:

As far as I understand it, this only applies to Outlook.com addressis
and Gmail is not affected by this.
Kevin Huber

On 5/6/16, marvin kotler <m.kotler53@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning list, Marv here. I use windows live mail to receive my mail
from gmail.com. Will this still work after the cutoff date?


question regarding windows live mail

marvin kotler
 

Good morning list, Marv here.  I use windows live mail to receive my mail from gmail.com.  Will this still work after the cutoff date?
 


Re: Translation add-on

Lenron
 

Q trans didn't seem to work as well for me.

On 5/6/16, Waqas Ramzan <waqasramzan596@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! Yes you are right! The addon has stopped working because of following
reason:
The instant translate addon uses Google Translate API to translate text
across language. Now Google has changed the API and the addon can't use it.
The addon can't work until Google change the API again or the addon author
find another translate API.

I don't think that there is an alternative addon available at this time. I
suggest you to use other translation software such as QTranslate.
Hope that will help!

Best Regards!


On May 6, 2016 3:39:42 PM "Nightowl" <nightowl145@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the
occasional
work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon does not seem
to
work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to translate foreign
words
when in NVDA.

Thank you.









--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762


Re: AudioScreen add-on is no longer working

Jacob Kruger
 

It uses a form of the vOICe/seeingWithSound to render parts of the screen into audio soundscapes, as a form of sensory substitution:
http://www.nvaccess.org/audioScreen/

Primarily designed for use with a touch screen, but, can also be used along with the mouse, etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"

On 2016-05-06 2:58 PM, Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:
What does this add-on do?

Ben
On May 4, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Jacob Kruger <jacob@blindza.co.za> wrote:

Thanks.

Not too much of an issue, but, would just have liked to have known what could have caused the issue, so that can avoid it in future...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Roger Wilco wants to welcome you...to the space janitor's closet..."

On 2016-05-04 7:58 PM, Arlene wrote:
Oh that's good. I'm glad it's all working for you! Sorry you had to start from scratch!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kruger [mailto:jacob@blindza.co.za]
Sent: May-04-16 10:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] AudioScreen add-on is no longer working

Ok, trashed old installation, including deleting old user profile app
data, and reinstalled from scratch, and all seems to be working again now.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Roger Wilco wants to welcome you...to the space janitor's closet..."

On 2016-05-04 2:27 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Not sure exactly when this happened, and therefore can't figure out why,
but, while the AudioScreen NVDA add-on is still installed, and was
initially working, when I activated it, using NVDA-key + ctrl + A, or
changed it's operational mode, using NVDA-key + alt + A, etc., it now
does nothing, makes no sounds, doesn't give me any feedback, etc.

Even it's other relevant key combinations don't seem to do anything, and
have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling, etc. etc., and doesn't seem to
make any difference.

As in, NVDA-key + alt + A does also not reflect any changes, any spoken
notification, etc.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Or should I just try trashing NVDA's installation, and reinstall it from
scratch, since under my prior portable copy of NVDA, it does still work
as expected, but, since I specifically like the audio ducking feature of
an installation of NVDA, I want to stick to actual installation under
program files, etc.

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Roger Wilco wants to welcome you...to the space janitor's closet..."














Re: code factory addons

Rui Fontes
 

Hello!

As I don't know to wich message you're replying...

There are two different Vocalizer Expressive addons. One from Tiflotecnia,
the oldest, and one from Code Factory.

It seems that after the instalation of bothe Code Factory addons, Vocalizer
and Eloquence, our Vocalizer Expressive don't work. It is strange, since I
have both in my machine...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.


-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Chris Shook
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 16:56
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] code factory addons

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the
addon works fine, does it not?
Chris


Re: code factory addons

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Correct me if I am wrong, but the vocalizer expressive part of the addon works fine, does it not?
Chris


Re: Fw: Action required for users of Windows Live Mail 2012

 

Supanut,

         I find it hard to believe that MS has not implemented a "new email arrival" sound by now, but apparently they have not.  Perhaps the following, which I snagged from a post on answers.microsoft.com, might serve as a work-around:

--------------------------------------------------------

I don't if there is a newer thread but, in Win 7/64 it is possible to set an alert sound. it will; however, negate the other rules in the Hotmail properties folder.  

Home panel in Outlook

Click Rules dropdown

Click Manage Rules

Click Change Rule on first rule in list in the list or, if no rules then click New Rule

Click Play a Sound (you can use sound recorder that’s built in to record a short sound and save it)

Locate the sound in the browser pop up window

Follow the rest of the prompts (OK on the server warning)

Next, finish and apply etc.

Send yourself a test email

This is how mine is setup and works fine.

--------------------------------------------------------

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: [TechTalk] Alert Windows Live Mail users, scam email warning

 

 Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:  ". . .Thunderbird. Even though if it suddenly won't work after June, I have confidence that Mozilla will fix it in a new version pretty quickly."

I agree, but only if Microsoft makes whatever access method they've cooked up public, and one hopes before the drop dead date.   This decision by Microsoft is one of those that truly and utterly mystifies me.   It's one of those "solution in search of a problem" type things.  Email access methods have been mature and stable for years now.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Suggestion to moderators

 

Gene,

           I have no doubt what you say is true.   I also have no doubt that this is because of the persistence in belief in information that was once accurate but is no longer and has not been for a while.

           Far greater than 99% of the world operates using HTML e-mail and has done so for a very long time now.  Any modern e-mail client has significant protections against execution of malicious code via HTML.

           I did ask groups.io specifically whether they had implemented any scanning of attachments and the answer at this time is no, and I'm guessing that's because this site really is still in its infancy.  Most web-based e-mail services and online forums will actually virus scan what you're attaching before they even allow it to go out.  Google does this routinely for anything attached to Google mail and uploaded to Google Drive, for but one example.

           I also asked several group moderators whether attachments were going to be enabled because, as of the moment, only the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group has that feature turned on, and all have declined.

           I can't make anyone do anything, but I can say that the paranoia (and that's truly what it is) about HTML e-mail and attachments that I'm seeing is virtually exclusively limited to the groups I've joined on groups.io.  The world is simply not the same as it was 5 years ago, or even 5 months ago, when it comes to security patches to operating systems and e-mail client programs after specific exploits have been identified.   Not using HTML e-mail and forbidding attachments in this day and age is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: 2 things

Tony James <megatronjames@...>
 

Ok thanks for that info

Tony JAmes, untouched and alive!

On May 6, 2016, at 9:37 AM, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi:

NVDA does not have the capability of adding placemarkers unless you
install the Placemarkers add-on.
Kevin Huber

On 5/4/16, Tony James <megatronjames@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering two things. First, is it possible to move by
large chunks of text like paragraphs with nvda? Second, is it possible to
insert place markers into documents like you can with Jaws? Thx

Tony JAmes, untouched and alive!


Re: Suggestion to moderators

Gene
 

Many lists did not allow html messages for security reasons.  Whether this is changing or not, I don't know but even three years ago, almost every list I was on did not allow html messages and converted them to text.  In addition, most list didn't, and I would think still don't, allow attachments for security reasons. 
 
Gene
----- original Message -----

Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Suggestion to moderators

Suggesting that the world stay in the dark ages because certain elements can use newer technology to do bad things is never a good idea.

Plain text e-mail is long ago dead, dead, dead, and most of us would not want to return there for love nor money.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Suggestion to moderators

 

Suggesting that the world stay in the dark ages because certain elements can use newer technology to do bad things is never a good idea.

Plain text e-mail is long ago dead, dead, dead, and most of us would not want to return there for love nor money.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky