Date   

Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Patrick Le Baudour
 

The two OCRs I use, omnipage and freeOCR, do convert pdf. But the first one isn't free, and the second one prone to klingon.

-- Patrick.

Le 09/05/2016 à 16:39, Brian's Mail list account a écrit :
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open
pdfs easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@b


Re: Libra O office starting up

 

hi.
do you mean libreoffice?
if so, i use my desire program and open my documents with it.
for example: i press enter in all my word and rtf documents and
libreoffice writer opens it properly.
or i can use libreoffice writer, press control+o to activate open menu
and brows for my file and open it with libreoffice writer.
or i can press application key and select open with.
between different programs select libreoffice writer to open my document.
but only i have libreoffice in my system and it recognizes the type of
my documents and in most cases, when i press enter in my documents
libreoffice opens them without any issue.
which version of libreoffice do you use?
hope that my suggestions help you.
thanks for asking and god bless you.

On 5/9/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
I was trying this out just now as somebody has kindly put it on the windows

10 machine. However when you ask it to start a new text session from the
tray icon, you seem to lose focus somehow, and the letters you type do not
appear and the cursors do not work either. The only option seems to be to go

to the desktop and back again then it will accept input and act as it
should. Has anyone else found his issue? Should I perhaps be opening it
directly from its executable or maybe its an older version or needs some
configuring. This is what can occur when a machine has belonged to a sighted

person of course.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.




--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them
good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their
burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which
has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org


Re: Libra O office starting up

The Gamages
 

Hello Brian,

Try pressing the F6 function key followed by escape, focus is sometimes
lost after using menus as well, make sure it's maximised.



Best Regards, Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 4:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Libra O office starting up

I was trying this out just now as somebody has kindly put it on the
windows
10 machine. However when you ask it to start a new text session from the
tray icon, you seem to lose focus somehow, and the letters you type do
not
appear and the cursors do not work either. The only option seems to be
to go
to the desktop and back again then it will accept input and act as it
should. Has anyone else found his issue? Should I perhaps be opening it
directly from its executable or maybe its an older version or needs
some
configuring. This is what can occur when a machine has belonged to a
sighted
person of course.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

 

I posted the step by step directions yesterday as to what needs to be done to get Adobe Reader XI or Adobe Reader DC set up to run with screen readers.

Brian
-- 
Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Aravind R
 

i don't know what changes to be done in preference.
i will check

On 5/9/16, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@...> wrote:
Hi:
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader, have you tried changing some of
the settings in your preferences menu?
I forget what needs to be set, but there are several of them which
pertain to Screen Reader accessibility.
I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 15 and in my case, if I open a
PDF file, Acrobat Reader detects that I am using a screen reader as
sonn as it loads.
Kevin Huber

On 5/9/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
no sir,
if its image pdf then NVDA will announce empty document and document
may contain OCR>
but, acrobat DC announce blank only even for text pdf

On 5/9/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open
pdfs
easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA


Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber



On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious
than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very
well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently
facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe
acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with
those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with
lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very
important

to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone







--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....





--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....


Re: setting up the people app on windows 10

 

Mr. Gaff, most average people don't worry about this, period.  The security in place in any commercial data center is far more robust than what's on your own local machine and hackers target those, too.

What is anyone going to do with your, or my, or anyone's contacts list that requires any real worry?  If people want random e-mail addresses these are so readily available by so many means that worrying about their acquisition is a complete waste of time.  You simply can't stop it.

The world has moved away from POP because IMAP and synchronization is incredibly important in today's mobile world.  That trend isn't going to reverse.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Kevin Huber
 

Hi:
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader, have you tried changing some of
the settings in your preferences menu?
I forget what needs to be set, but there are several of them which
pertain to Screen Reader accessibility.
I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 15 and in my case, if I open a
PDF file, Acrobat Reader detects that I am using a screen reader as
sonn as it loads.
Kevin Huber

On 5/9/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
no sir,
if its image pdf then NVDA will announce empty document and document
may contain OCR>
but, acrobat DC announce blank only even for text pdf

On 5/9/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open pdfs
easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA


Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber



On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very
well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently
facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe
acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with
those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with
lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very
important

to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone







--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....




Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

 

I have occasionally had issues with both "pure image" PDFs that are images of text, just like anyone does, and also some OCR-ed stuff where the OCR was less than robust.

I have taught my clients to get around this by using a now discontinued, but still downloadable, product from Tracker Software in Canada called PDF XChange Viewer.  It is not generally accessible on the whole as a substitute for Adobe Reader, but what's necessary to OCR a document and save it is.  It uses a menu driven system that's like any other typical Windows program as far as the file menu goes, so all you have to do is open the file, run the OCR process, then save it afterward to keep the newly generated text layer.  The command to OCR a file is CTRL+SHIFT+C once the file is open.  The default settings give awfully good accuracy.  It also supports a number of languages besides English, but you have to download some of the more unusual ones if you want those.  I downloaded Swedish a couple of months ago when trying to help someone out.


Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Libra O office starting up

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I was trying this out just now as somebody has kindly put it on the windows 10 machine. However when you ask it to start a new text session from the tray icon, you seem to lose focus somehow, and the letters you type do not appear and the cursors do not work either. The only option seems to be to go to the desktop and back again then it will accept input and act as it should. Has anyone else found his issue? Should I perhaps be opening it directly from its executable or maybe its an older version or needs some configuring. This is what can occur when a machine has belonged to a sighted person of course.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.


Re: setting up the people app on windows 10

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I never want my email address book stored online by any email system, as this is far too hackable as Yahoo and BT found out.
Remember a person has all day every day to hack into your online address book but if its on your own computer and its off part of the time nobody can get at it. as I do not use any other devices that are not pcs, I can easily simply swap the files between them on the local network.
Everyone goes on about how convinient this synchronising is, but is it really worth the worry to the average person?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <@britechguy>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting up the people app on windows 10


One big caution on the "automatic import" of contacts for the People app is this only works if your e-mail client was set up (or capable of) using the contacts associated with your e-mail account and syncing them.

There are a number of e-mail clients that don't work that way, and when I was last setting up Thunderbird it didn't work that way. Just a few days ago I had to tweak a client's Thunderbird setup because the e-mail account she had been using through an ISP no longer exists, and she was terrified that all her contacts were going to go when that account went. They didn't, though, because her contacts (or, perhaps, addresses - I can't remember which terminology Tbird uses) are stored local to Tbird and are not synced with her e-mail accounts. Since I'm the one who installed Tbird for her several years ago and I know I didn't change any defaults related to how contacts/addresses are handled, it appears that they are managed locally.

When that's the case, you need to make certain to export from your e-mail client and import via the web interface to the contacts for the given e-mail account you're going to be adding to the mail app, and, by extension, the People and Calendar apps. Whether you do this prior to adding it or after will be irrelevant because as soon as those contacts are imported into the contacts list maintained by your email server they will sync with the People app.

I hasten to add this is also likely only applicable to IMAP access, though I'm not 100% certain on that.

Brian
--
Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts.
~ Henry Rosovsky


Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Aravind R
 

no sir,
if its image pdf then NVDA will announce empty document and document
may contain OCR>
but, acrobat DC announce blank only even for text pdf

On 5/9/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open pdfs
easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA


Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber



On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very
well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently
facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe
acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with
those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with
lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very important

to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone






--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda retail loan factory, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....


Re: Query colour of current text in web browser?

Kevin Huber
 

Hi:
I have tried the insert-f hotkey in all three web browsers and have
also found that it works in all but Google Chrome.
Kevin Huber

On 5/6/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:
Like subject says, am wondering if there's any way to query colour
pattern of current text in web browser? Ask partly since even if turn on
colour change reporting, it doesn't seem to apply in web pages?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"




Re: setting up the people app on windows 10

 

One big caution on the "automatic import" of contacts for the People app is this only works if your e-mail client was set up (or capable of) using the contacts associated with your e-mail account and syncing them.

There are a number of e-mail clients that don't work that way, and when I was last setting up Thunderbird it didn't work that way.  Just a few days ago I had to tweak a client's Thunderbird setup because the e-mail account she had been using through an ISP no longer exists, and she was terrified that all her contacts were going to go when that account went.  They didn't, though, because her contacts (or, perhaps, addresses - I can't remember which terminology Tbird uses) are stored local to Tbird and are not synced with her e-mail accounts.  Since I'm the one who installed Tbird for her several years ago and I know I didn't change any defaults related to how contacts/addresses are handled, it appears that they are managed locally.

When that's the case, you need to make certain to export from your e-mail client and import via the web interface to the contacts for the given e-mail account you're going to be adding to the mail app, and, by extension, the People and Calendar apps.  Whether you do this prior to adding it or after will be irrelevant because as soon as those contacts are imported into the contacts list maintained by your email server they will sync with the People app.

I hasten to add this is also likely only applicable to IMAP access, though I'm not 100% certain on that.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open pdfs easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA


Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber



On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very important to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone



Re: Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Kevin Huber
 

Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber

On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very important to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone



Re: setting up the people app on windows 10

 

Brian Gaff wrote:  "when you are admin, in my view it should let you in to everything wherever it is no matter what. Stupid."

 Not that I don't agree with you but this hasn't been the default behavior since the introduction of User Account Control (UAC).  I've routinely turned it down a notch or two or off so that a number of the "Do you really want to do this?" type nags don't appear.

There's nothing distinctive about this in Windows 10, absolutely nothing.  File Explorer (formerly Winows Explorer) and its attendant functions and warnings look and act exactly like they have since Windows 7.

Brian
-- 

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. 
   ~ Henry Rosovsky

    



Re: Feature request: List of clickable elements in Elements List dialog and single letter navigation for clickable elements

Bhavya shah
 

Hi Mallard,
I would strongly urge you to comment, if possible, on the ticket whose
link was shared by Victor.
Thanks.

On 5/9/16, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Hello there,


Yes, I feel the need for this too.


Cliccable elements are getting more and more common these days, and I
never know how to navigate between them.

It would be great to have a dedicated letter.

Ciao,

Ollie





Il 06/05/2016 14:36, Bhavya shah ha scritto:
Hi Brian,
I mean only those elements which are reported clickable by NVDA, not
anything that can be clicked, to clarify.
Thanks.

On 5/6/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
I think something like this has been suggested before, but the term
clickable covers a multitude of objects not just one type such as a
link.
Would it perhaps be better to combine it with links list and have the
ones
that are clickable either before or after or mixed in with as regards
their

position?

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Feature request: List of clickable elements in
Elements

List dialog and single letter navigation for clickable elements


Hi Victor,
Thanks for the ticket link. I have added my comment on there.
Thanks.

On 5/6/16, 蔡宗豪 Victor Cai <surfer0627@...> wrote:
Hi,
Please see 124 for quick navigation key request issue:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/124

Thanks.

Regards

Victor


2016-05-06 12:00 GMT+08:00, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...>:
Dear all,
As the subject line quite clearly suggests, my request is to add a
feature in the NVDA Elements List dialog which includes the listing of
clickable elements on the page too. Also, a particular key (which may
remain unassigned by default, if needed) should be able to navigate to
the clickable elements.
Before filing a ticket for the same, I was in doubt if this proposal
had already been brought up in the past or if it is worthy of a new
ticket being filed.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09




--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09









--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09


Re: setting up the people app on windows 10

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

So it sounds a bit like a cut down versionof Outlook then, rather than Outlook Express which I'm using now. Tell me, is all of this in the win 10 you get if you let a windows machine updat to 10 then add classic shell as it seems mine has been.
I have to say that I find Windows 10 aannoying since it stops you doing normal stuff like copying files from one folder to another, then when you go and look you find that there are messsages which nvda did not alert one to asking if you want to do this and can it go into some other mode in order to do it. If you say yes, it then seems to go off and mess about for ages then falls over with a message you do not have permission to (insert task as needed)
When a 10 machine has just one person on it and when you are admin, in my view it should let you in to everything wherever it is no matter what. Stupid.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 2:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting up the people app on windows 10


Hi Brian,
This is how it worked for me. It took me a few hours to figure this out LOL! When I imported my Gmail accounts into the mail app, those contacts automatically imported into the people app. Really, the mail, people, and the calendar apps all work together. Take care, guys!

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 3:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting up the people app on windows 10

Bobby,

There are a couple of variables to involved in answering your question.

Windows 10 has an app separate from, but closely allied with, the mail app called "People." It acts as the address book.

I use Gmail and access it via IMAP on several different e-mail clients, including the Win10 mail app. The Win10 mail app has automatically synchronized my existing contacts in my gmail account that I use as my Microsoft account ID to my People app as well as those from the specific gmail account that I'm actually accessing via the mail app.

If you have always created your contacts in your local address book under Thunderbird, which is quite likely, you can always export those contacts then import them via the web interface for the e-mail account you've been using. From there the People app will synchronize them automatically for any account that is in the mail & people apps. I have yet to find good documentation on doing an import from, for instance, a comma separated list or excel spreadsheet of e-mail addresses straight into the People app. It seems to presume you'll be using a modern e-mail client that synchronizes both messages and contacts with the server.

Brian
--


Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts.
~ Henry Rosovsky


Re: Feature request: List of clickable elements in Elements List dialog and single letter navigation for clickable elements

Mallard
 

Hello there,


Yes, I feel the need for this too.


Cliccable elements are getting more and more common these days, and I never know how to navigate between them.

It would be great to have a dedicated letter.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 06/05/2016 14:36, Bhavya shah ha scritto:
Hi Brian,
I mean only those elements which are reported clickable by NVDA, not
anything that can be clicked, to clarify.
Thanks.

On 5/6/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
I think something like this has been suggested before, but the term
clickable covers a multitude of objects not just one type such as a link.
Would it perhaps be better to combine it with links list and have the ones
that are clickable either before or after or mixed in with as regards their

position?

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhavya shah" <bhavya.shah125@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Feature request: List of clickable elements in Elements

List dialog and single letter navigation for clickable elements


Hi Victor,
Thanks for the ticket link. I have added my comment on there.
Thanks.

On 5/6/16, 蔡宗豪 Victor Cai <surfer0627@...> wrote:
Hi,
Please see 124 for quick navigation key request issue:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/124

Thanks.

Regards

Victor


2016-05-06 12:00 GMT+08:00, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...>:
Dear all,
As the subject line quite clearly suggests, my request is to add a
feature in the NVDA Elements List dialog which includes the listing of
clickable elements on the page too. Also, a particular key (which may
remain unassigned by default, if needed) should be able to navigate to
the clickable elements.
Before filing a ticket for the same, I was in doubt if this proposal
had already been brought up in the past or if it is worthy of a new
ticket being filed.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09




--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09







Re: Hi, from win10 Mail App!

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>
 

I got it, will check this out when I’m bored <smile>. Currently have Thunderbird but want to check this out as an alternative especially if it’s integrated into Windows 10.

On 8 May 2016, at 07:26, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi,
David Moore here.
I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.


Sent from Mail for Windows 10