Date   

Re: NVDA And Avast Free Anti Virus

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well I've had no luck with aAvast. It seems their protection system stops screenreaders accessing their screens properly and if you disable it with sighted help, then its forever complaining its vulnerable.
So I gave it the bi E off my machine using avarstclean.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: "NVDA Official Group" <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:23 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA And Avast Free Anti Virus


Hi Group,

Is there any add on or perhaps some sort of technique for using the main interface or in particular, the registration panel in the Avast Free Anti Virus program?

I used to be able to enter the registration information every year for the free upgrade, but something may have changed either in NVDA or Avast to make this impossible for me this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Re: Read Allowed in Edge

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Although I would not say what I wrote was in any way techy, I do think that the person who posted about this could have phrased it less combatively, and perhaps you should not have risen to the bait as much on here. Communicating in text is not that easy as the intonation of a voice is not really conveyed.
I tend to agree with you, but I have encountered people who find it hard to understand what we might consider simple instructions due to not knowing the lingo, so to speak. Your advice, though sound, can be seen as a problem to many people I have tried to teach things to. We are not all the same and words that convey sense to one person are just not in the vocabulary of somebody else especially if that person is dealing with English if that is not their native language.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: "nvda list list" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Read Allowed in Edge


I was taught if you cannot follow instructions and you cannot keep up I'm not stoping and you will fall behind. If you cannot keep up drop the class. If you cannot learn how to follow instructions other than what a simpleton does then you should go back to computer school where you learn to cut copy and paste until you can even navigate the file explorer and use the command prompt by yourself, at least the basic stuff like cd and sudo and stuff. I'm not advanced either but I can follow techy and geeky instructions, allowly but I can do it.

Take care

On Jun 16, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

To Brian first of all do you really have to put out instructions the average user can’t follow sir? Not everybody is a techie freak like you sir. To Gary. To change the voices in Red Aloud in Edge hit alt X then press enter on Read Aloud. Next tab to the button that says change voices. Their how simple is that?

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10


Re: Read Allowed in Edge

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I don't think it was really clear what exactly he wanted to do though.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:26 PM
Subject: [nvda] Read Allowed in Edge


To Brian first of all do you really have to put out instructions the average user can’t follow sir? Not everybody is a techie freak like you sir. To Gary. To change the voices in Red Aloud in Edge hit alt X then press enter on Read Aloud. Next tab to the button that says change voices. Their how simple is that?

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10


Latest nexts, problem when changing synthesizer

Michel Such
 

Hi,


1. Open the speech settings from the Settings dialog.

2.Try to change synthesizer (let's say from Espeak to Onecore, to take examples which very different settings list).

3. Press the OK button. An error sound is heard and the speech dialog is not refresh to reflect settings of the new selected synth, though the active synth is actually changed.


I run next version 15296,e74c62b3



--


Michel Such


Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I know, see my earlier comment on this one.
I loved the one I saw on a newsgroup a year or so ago.
That thing that has apparently got wobbly writing in it that even most people with sight cannot understand!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: "nvda list list" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Actually, i've even spelled it correctly and most people don't even know what that even is called. Lol! I didn't even know the term until maybe 2012. and even my sighted relitaves don't get it. they are like, what is that and I don't understand.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 9:17 AM, Daniel Hawkins <computersassociated@...> wrote:

That is good to know, I would have spelled it wrong too. This is why I need to use the spell by character more often. Thanks for the tip!
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@... <mailto:computersassociated@...>



On Jun 16, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Gene <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:

The word is c a p t c h a, captcha. If you write to someone complaining about inaccessible captures, you will loose credibility.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again

I don't think so, is there no audio version?
The problem is everyone these days is security paranoid. I did not know
about the capchar, but I have just sent them an email about the inaccessible
dialogues and messages.
I also have a big list of some of the problems on the dev list but no dev
has commented. I shall turn it into a ticket if i get time this weekend.
However if its not possible to tweak nvda to get these things to read, not
withstanding the cap char then i feel that somebody in NVDA a programmer
really needs to have a word with them as they talk the same language. A lot
of it is written in python QT and C. It should be perfectly possible to fix
the dialogues as they made them work before.
As for the Capchar, Google is gradually removing those in favour of a
question based system like.
If the sky is cloudy is it blue.
To which the answer is no of course.
I particularly like the one that says in the edit field, if you are not a
robot leave this field blank.
Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
This message sent from a Windows XP machine!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@... <mailto:paganus2@...>>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Also, it's now very difficult to accept an invite from another person to
share a folder. You used to just get an email and it says who is asking
you to share and there are 2 buttons--one says accept and the other says
decline. That was so easy! Now you are taken to a web page of some kind
and it asks you to solve a captcha and this can no longer be done as
Webvisum is finished for Firefox, and I know of nothing like it that works
with any other browser. Seems like dropbox wants us to just go away.

Roger










On 6/16/2018 6:34 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I wanted to share a folder today, but it seems on the current version
this dialogue no longer works with nvda either. it just is a blank page
saying its the shaere with another user item, but just like the
preferences and the delete from all machines and devices one its totally
empty of any controls that read at all.

Anyone care to comment?
If its also happening in windows 10 maybe we can write en masse to
Dropbox to get them to correct this.
Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.






Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I did but my fingers often put things in that my brain does not intend and if neither word is in the dictionary then it gets through.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laz" <laz@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Capture? I believe you meant to say CAPTCHA INSTEAD.

On 6/16/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I don't think so, is there no audio version?
The problem is everyone these days is security paranoid. I did not know
about the capchar, but I have just sent them an email about the inaccessible

dialogues and messages.
I also have a big list of some of the problems on the dev list but no dev
has commented. I shall turn it into a ticket if i get time this weekend.
However if its not possible to tweak nvda to get these things to read, not
withstanding the cap char then i feel that somebody in NVDA a programmer
really needs to have a word with them as they talk the same language. A lot

of it is written in python QT and C. It should be perfectly possible to fix

the dialogues as they made them work before.
As for the Capchar, Google is gradually removing those in favour of a
question based system like.
If the sky is cloudy is it blue.
To which the answer is no of course.
I particularly like the one that says in the edit field, if you are not a
robot leave this field blank.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
This message sent from a Windows XP machine!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Also, it's now very difficult to accept an invite from another person to
share a folder. You used to just get an email and it says who is asking
you to share and there are 2 buttons--one says accept and the other says
decline. That was so easy! Now you are taken to a web page of some kind
and it asks you to solve a captcha and this can no longer be done as
Webvisum is finished for Firefox, and I know of nothing like it that works

with any other browser. Seems like dropbox wants us to just go away.

Roger










On 6/16/2018 6:34 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I wanted to share a folder today, but it seems on the current version
this dialogue no longer works with nvda either. it just is a blank page
saying its the shaere with another user item, but just like the
preferences and the delete from all machines and devices one its totally

empty of any controls that read at all.

Anyone care to comment?
If its also happening in windows 10 maybe we can write en masse to
Dropbox to get them to correct this.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.








--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

You are worrying about typos. We know what we mean. If I was writing to a company I'd explain the actual issue without trying to use buzz words for them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laz" <laz@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Sure, but if one is going to write a company to complain about their
use of quote captures unquote on their web site, they're either going
to think you're nuts or won't know what you're talking about. It's a
good idea to call something what it is or one won't get very far. It's
like going to a deli and asking for a cam shaft sandwich when one
should have said Corned Beef Hash instead. the two phrases are
different things just as capture and captcha are two totally different
things.

Laz

On 6/16/18, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Actually, i've even spelled it correctly and most people don't even know
what that even is called. Lol! I didn't even know the term until maybe 2012.
and even my sighted relitaves don't get it. they are like, what is that and
I don't understand.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 9:17 AM, Daniel Hawkins
<computersassociated@...> wrote:

That is good to know, I would have spelled it wrong too. This is why I
need to use the spell by character more often. Thanks for the tip!
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@... <mailto:computersassociated@...>



On Jun 16, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Gene <gsasner@...
<mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:

The word is c a p t c h a, captcha. If you write to someone complaining
about inaccessible captures, you will loose credibility.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again

I don't think so, is there no audio version?
The problem is everyone these days is security paranoid. I did not know

about the capchar, but I have just sent them an email about the
inaccessible
dialogues and messages.
I also have a big list of some of the problems on the dev list but no
dev
has commented. I shall turn it into a ticket if i get time this weekend.

However if its not possible to tweak nvda to get these things to read,
not
withstanding the cap char then i feel that somebody in NVDA a programmer

really needs to have a word with them as they talk the same language. A
lot
of it is written in python QT and C. It should be perfectly possible to
fix
the dialogues as they made them work before.
As for the Capchar, Google is gradually removing those in favour of a
question based system like.
If the sky is cloudy is it blue.
To which the answer is no of course.
I particularly like the one that says in the edit field, if you are not a

robot leave this field blank.
Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting
'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
This message sent from a Windows XP machine!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@... <mailto:paganus2@...>>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


Also, it's now very difficult to accept an invite from another person
to
share a folder. You used to just get an email and it says who is asking

you to share and there are 2 buttons--one says accept and the other
says
decline. That was so easy! Now you are taken to a web page of some kind

and it asks you to solve a captcha and this can no longer be done as
Webvisum is finished for Firefox, and I know of nothing like it that
works
with any other browser. Seems like dropbox wants us to just go away.

Roger










On 6/16/2018 6:34 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I wanted to share a folder today, but it seems on the current version

this dialogue no longer works with nvda either. it just is a blank
page
saying its the shaere with another user item, but just like the
preferences and the delete from all machines and devices one its
totally
empty of any controls that read at all.

Anyone care to comment?
If its also happening in windows 10 maybe we can write en masse to
Dropbox to get them to correct this.
Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...>, putting
'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.









--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr


Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Unfortunately in windows 7 the dialogues do not read at all.
I've tried this on a machine with 7 home and 7 pro now with the same result. There is nothing special about the machines, no weird software no fiddles. It just does not work. and as all other software seems to work fine I'm rather bemused.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf Kefferpuetz" <ralf.kefferpuetz@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


I tried that under Win10 and Dropbox 51.4 with NVDA 2018.2.
I can share a folder, I right click it in the dropbox folder and select
share. In the window coming up I select write or read only in the dropdown
then I enter an email address and tab to the comment edit field, enter some
comments and tab to the Enter and share button. That's it for me, the folder
is shared and a message is send to the email I entered.

Regards,
Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Samstag, 16. Juni 2018 13:34
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again

I wanted to share a folder today, but it seems on the current version this
dialogue no longer works with nvda either. it just is a blank page saying
its the shaere with another user item, but just like the preferences and the
delete from all machines and devices one its totally empty of any controls
that read at all.

Anyone care to comment?
If its also happening in windows 10 maybe we can write en masse to Dropbox
to get them to correct this.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.







Re: Dropbox innaccessibility again

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Which version of the desktop software for windows are you running. There does seem to be an issue here between versions and platforms from what I have gleaned from other people.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: "nvda list list" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again


As for excepting a folder I just follow the promots, no captcha for me. I just accepted a folder earlier this month for a course I'm working on.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@...> wrote:

I tried that under Win10 and Dropbox 51.4 with NVDA 2018.2.
I can share a folder, I right click it in the dropbox folder and select
share. In the window coming up I select write or read only in the dropdown
then I enter an email address and tab to the comment edit field, enter some
comments and tab to the Enter and share button. That's it for me, the folder
is shared and a message is send to the email I entered.

Regards,
Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Samstag, 16. Juni 2018 13:34
To: nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Dropbox innaccessibility again

I wanted to share a folder today, but it seems on the current version this
dialogue no longer works with nvda either. it just is a blank page saying
its the shaere with another user item, but just like the preferences and the
delete from all machines and devices one its totally empty of any controls
that read at all.

Anyone care to comment?
If its also happening in windows 10 maybe we can write en masse to Dropbox
to get them to correct this.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.







messages disappearing from my folders in outlook

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, everyone,

 

I don't know what happened to some of my messages that I had from other lists that I'm on. They just suddenly disappeared. I know I didn't delete them. I tried looking in the junk folder but they're not there. Is there something else I can do?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 


NVDA And Avast Free Anti Virus

Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

Is there any add on or perhaps some sort of technique for using the main interface or in particular, the registration panel in the Avast Free Anti Virus program?

I used to be able to enter the registration information every year for the free upgrade, but something may have changed either in NVDA or Avast to make this impossible for me this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Re: recommendation for ms office equivalent

Ashley Wayne
 

I have had good success with open office.  It has a standard menu system, instead of ribbons, which I personally like.


On 6/16/2018 7:52 PM, Craig wrote:

Hi.

 

Recommendation sorted for an office software that can access ms office files and obviously nvda can access as well.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

Cheers Craig

 

Craig& his Guide dog Winnie

 

 

Far beyond the Shrouded hours of dawn

Through the mist Of daybreak I was borne

But the day was Clouded still by night

Leaving me in the land of no light

 

 

Title of song: Echoes In The Dark

Performed by: Uriah Heep - Songwriters: Hensley, Ken

 



recommendation for ms office equivalent

Craig
 

Hi.

 

Recommendation sorted for an office software that can access ms office files and obviously nvda can access as well.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

Cheers Craig

 

Craig& his Guide dog Winnie

 

 

Far beyond the Shrouded hours of dawn

Through the mist Of daybreak I was borne

But the day was Clouded still by night

Leaving me in the land of no light

 

 

Title of song: Echoes In The Dark

Performed by: Uriah Heep - Songwriters: Hensley, Ken

 


Re: facebook ??

 

Hi Danni,
Could you save the pic?
Em 16/06/2018 11:41, Danni escreveu:

Thanks was using i/e because firefox wasn't letting me so I'll try that way thanks!
�
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] facebook ??

Hi, I'm back.
Well, first of all I need to know some things, such as which browser are you using when you tried to save the pic.
But assuming you're using Firefox, that's what I use...
Before downloading the pic you must choose to see it in a full size. You'll be able to find it tabing in the page that opens with the comments and reactions about the� post.
So, after you're in full size pic screen, you should be able to save it as a pic on itself.
Em 16/06/2018 01:37, Danni escreveu:
when I try a right click and save target as it calls it a document not a pic am not sure what changed to cause this but figured I'd ask?
�
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] facebook ??

Hi,
Exactly what kind of trouble are you having?

Em 15/06/2018 19:44, Danni escreveu:
�
I have started having trouble taking pictures from people's facebook pages and am wondering if by chance there is an addon or something that can help?
�
when I try a right click and save target as it calls it a document not a pic am not sure what changed to cause this but figured I'd ask?
�




Re: Administrative privileges.

Sarah k Alawami
 

Nice nice. Yeah you should have gotten that before, why you did not I dunno, maybe just a compuer glitch somewhare.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 4:21 PM, Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:

Anyway, looks like I solved the problem. When I assigned the shortcut
key I pressed enter and it gave me the same error message saying I
needed to have administrative permission and asked me to continue to
fix the problem. So I pressed continue and again went through the
procedure of assigning the shortcut key for JAWS. I type j and pressed
enter and it went through. I unloaded JAWS and restarted it by using
the shortcut combination and to my surprise it worked!
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
It's basically a linux shell you can install inside windows. I use this all
the time. I personally use ubuntu but you can use what ever microsoft has to
offer. From ther eyou can do any unix and or linux commands inside our
windows pc. Pretty neat. Tha'ts why I suggested you chmod that shortcut to
755 then chone that to your user name what ever that is in windows 10, if
that can even be done.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:

Chris, I installed it from a disk. But recently I noticed the shortcut
no longer was there. After I updated Windows 10 the other day, K1000
reverted to demo version. Now I have to update K1000 to version 14. I
was told it was due to an update to Windows 10. I wonder if it did
affect Jaws shortcut, as well.  My duxbury software also had a glitch,
but somehow I fixed that by going to control panel and user account.

Sarah, I have no idea what sublinux system
is.
Nevzat



On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...
<mailto:cjmullins29@...>> wrote:

Nevzat
Did you install Jaws yourself using the same account?

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 20:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

It used to but not anymore; that's why I am trying to redo it but I
have no administrator permission according to the message I get.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Nevzat
If that's the case, it should already have the shortcut key set-up.
Does
jaws start when you press control+alt+j?

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 16:24
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, the icon was created automatically when I downloaded it.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
If the desktop icon was correctly created, the "Start in" field will
be
filled in already.  You just need to tab to the next field which is
the
shortcut key, then just press the letter you want to use (ctrl+alt
will
be
added by Windows), tab to OK and press enter.

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
New
Zealand
Sent: 15 June 2018 21:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi


If it is just asigning the shortcut after you have gone into the
properties tab down to shortcut and asign one.


I think you can only use alt + ctrl + a letter like J for jaws or
another letter.


Make sure you save the settings.


Gene nz




On 6/16/2018 3:03 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hi all,

I solved the problem by going to Control Panel and User accounts. But
my problem with assigning a shortcut key to an icon on the desktop
still persists. I press alt+enter to go to properties for the
shortcut
I have a problem what to write in the "start in" edit field. The
desktop icon in question is JAWS.
I thank you all for your responses.
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
Only an administrator account can change a standard account to an
administrator account.  That is why I asked if there are any other
accounts
on the computer.  If there are no other accounts, let me know and
I'll
give
you details of a different method of solving the problem.

You can check if there are any other accounts by pressing Windows+i
to
open
Settings, then press enter on Accounts.  Tab to the list of topics
and
arrow
down to Family and other people and press enter.  Tab to the list of
other
account names and types on the machine and see if there is a user
account
with administrator privilidges.  If there is, get the person to log
on
using
that account, then they could use this settings process to edit your
account
details and change it from standard to administrator.

Cheers
Chris






 -----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 14 June 2018 20:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, yes, I get an error message saying I need to have
administrator
permission. My operating system is Windows 10. I believe I have
standard user account. I tried to change user account and typed my
name and I was told that user account already exists. If I type
administrator would it change to that?
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
I would have thought you should be able to assign shortcuts as
these
are
personal to your account and don't affect other users, so should
not
require
admin priviledges.  If you are using a work computer it maybe that
a
corporate group policy is in effect which denies the capability but
this
would be unlikely.

As Brian asked, is your user account standard or administrator?
Could
you
give us more information, such as operating system being used, work
or
home
computer, is yours the only account on the computer etc.

The process I would use to assign a shortcut key is:
Select desktop icon
Press alt+enter to open properties
Tab to the shortcut key control and press the shortcut letter
alone,
the
CTRL+Alt part of the command is added automatically by Windows
Tab to OK and press enter.

If you get an error after pressing OK, please give full details

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 13 June 2018 19:58
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi Group,

I am trying to assign shortcut keys to icons on the desktop, but it
won't go through as I am told I have no administrative privileges.
Using NVDA how do I get administrative privilege on my computer?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Nevzat


















































Re: Invitation: Introduction to NVDA Technical Support part 1, June 23, 2018 at 17:00 UTC

Kerryn Gunness
 

thanks joseph lee
 
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Invitation: Introduction to NVDA Technical Support part 1, June 23, 2018 at 17:00 UTC

Hi,

Yes, it’ll be archived.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@...> On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Invitation: Introduction to NVDA Technical Support part 1, June 23, 2018 at 17:00 UTC

 

nice

but would the audio be available for this session?

i cannot attend, hense the reason i am asking

----- Original Message -----

From: Joseph Lee

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:54 PM

Subject: [nvda] Invitation: Introduction to NVDA Technical Support part 1, June 23, 2018 at 17:00 UTC

 

Hi all,

 

I’d like to invite you to the first of the three online seminars on Introduction to NVDA Technical Support. Due to financial and other reasons, we’ll be using TeamTalk 5.

 

Seminar details:

 

  • Date: June 23, 2018 at 17:-00 UTC (10 AM Pacific, 1 PM Eastern and elsewhere)
  • Location: josephsl.net TeamTalk server (server is josephsl.net, 10333 for both TCP and UDP)
  • Duration: about an hour

 

Topics to be covered:

  • What is technical support
  • Basic NVDA concepts useful for tech support purposes, such as object navigation, focus versus review cursor overview and so on

 

Things to do before coming to the seminar:

  • Read NVDA user guide
  • Become familiar with NVDA commands and features, especially 2018.2 features
  • Come up with at least three questions users may have about NVDA concepts and commands that may show up in tech support sessions

 

Hope to see you all next week.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: Administrative privileges.

 

Anyway, looks like I solved the problem. When I assigned the shortcut
key I pressed enter and it gave me the same error message saying I
needed to have administrative permission and asked me to continue to
fix the problem. So I pressed continue and again went through the
procedure of assigning the shortcut key for JAWS. I type j and pressed
enter and it went through. I unloaded JAWS and restarted it by using
the shortcut combination and to my surprise it worked!
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
It's basically a linux shell you can install inside windows. I use this all
the time. I personally use ubuntu but you can use what ever microsoft has to
offer. From ther eyou can do any unix and or linux commands inside our
windows pc. Pretty neat. Tha'ts why I suggested you chmod that shortcut to
755 then chone that to your user name what ever that is in windows 10, if
that can even be done.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Nevzat Adil <@Nev> wrote:

Chris, I installed it from a disk. But recently I noticed the shortcut
no longer was there. After I updated Windows 10 the other day, K1000
reverted to demo version. Now I have to update K1000 to version 14. I
was told it was due to an update to Windows 10. I wonder if it did
affect Jaws shortcut, as well. My duxbury software also had a glitch,
but somehow I fixed that by going to control panel and user account.

Sarah, I have no idea what sublinux system
is.
Nevzat



On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...
<mailto:cjmullins29@...>> wrote:

Nevzat
Did you install Jaws yourself using the same account?

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 20:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

It used to but not anymore; that's why I am trying to redo it but I
have no administrator permission according to the message I get.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Nevzat
If that's the case, it should already have the shortcut key set-up.
Does
jaws start when you press control+alt+j?

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 16:24
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, the icon was created automatically when I downloaded it.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
If the desktop icon was correctly created, the "Start in" field will
be
filled in already. You just need to tab to the next field which is
the
shortcut key, then just press the letter you want to use (ctrl+alt
will
be
added by Windows), tab to OK and press enter.

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
New
Zealand
Sent: 15 June 2018 21:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi


If it is just asigning the shortcut after you have gone into the
properties tab down to shortcut and asign one.


I think you can only use alt + ctrl + a letter like J for jaws or
another letter.


Make sure you save the settings.


Gene nz




On 6/16/2018 3:03 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hi all,

I solved the problem by going to Control Panel and User accounts. But
my problem with assigning a shortcut key to an icon on the desktop
still persists. I press alt+enter to go to properties for the
shortcut
I have a problem what to write in the "start in" edit field. The
desktop icon in question is JAWS.
I thank you all for your responses.
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
Only an administrator account can change a standard account to an
administrator account. That is why I asked if there are any other
accounts
on the computer. If there are no other accounts, let me know and
I'll
give
you details of a different method of solving the problem.

You can check if there are any other accounts by pressing Windows+i
to
open
Settings, then press enter on Accounts. Tab to the list of topics
and
arrow
down to Family and other people and press enter. Tab to the list of
other
account names and types on the machine and see if there is a user
account
with administrator privilidges. If there is, get the person to log
on
using
that account, then they could use this settings process to edit your
account
details and change it from standard to administrator.

Cheers
Chris






-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 14 June 2018 20:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, yes, I get an error message saying I need to have
administrator
permission. My operating system is Windows 10. I believe I have
standard user account. I tried to change user account and typed my
name and I was told that user account already exists. If I type
administrator would it change to that?
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
I would have thought you should be able to assign shortcuts as
these
are
personal to your account and don't affect other users, so should
not
require
admin priviledges. If you are using a work computer it maybe that
a
corporate group policy is in effect which denies the capability but
this
would be unlikely.

As Brian asked, is your user account standard or administrator?
Could
you
give us more information, such as operating system being used, work
or
home
computer, is yours the only account on the computer etc.

The process I would use to assign a shortcut key is:
Select desktop icon
Press alt+enter to open properties
Tab to the shortcut key control and press the shortcut letter
alone,
the
CTRL+Alt part of the command is added automatically by Windows
Tab to OK and press enter.

If you get an error after pressing OK, please give full details

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 13 June 2018 19:58
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi Group,

I am trying to assign shortcut keys to icons on the desktop, but it
won't go through as I am told I have no administrative privileges.
Using NVDA how do I get administrative privilege on my computer?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Nevzat

































Re: NVDA was working fine until this morning when I tried to update

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>
 

Hi


For a complete uninstall of nvda from the computer in cases i might use narrator .


it will depend on your operating system what the add/remove section is called for programs.


You will need to locate nvda in that list and uninstall it .


Then close that screen with the alt key + f4 key.


Next use the windows key + letter R to bring up the run dialogue and type in the following %appdata% then press the enter key.


it will give you a list of folders i think it is called in the roaming folder.


Locate the nvda folder and delete it


Close that screen with the alt key + f4 key.


But before you do that make sure you have a good working copy of nvda that you can use. Just to be on the safe side i usually grab the latest copy from nvaccess.


After the steps have been done you can then reinstall nvda to your computer.


I do have directions some where on my website that says what to do.


Gene nz



On 6/17/2018 12:55 AM, Daniel Hawkins wrote:
My computer at work have this problem. For the past year, everytime there is a update, NVDA crashes. Then either I use Narrator to reinstall NVDA or I use JAWS to reinstall. But before I do that, i uninstall NVDA under Apps and features in Windows 10.

Someone have mentioned that when you uninstall NVDA and uninstall it’s files, how would you go about doing that? When i reinstall NVDA, all my addons and settings are still there. So, i know it is not a complete wipe. If there is any directions to completely remove NVDA, I would love to know how to do it. Thanks!
Daniel Hawkins



On Jun 15, 2018, at 1:54 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

Yes I finally managed to get this effect you described. It seems that it throws an error at the time when no nvda is actually able to run because of an error screen, so it seems like all is quiet. I did a button  on the computer quick tap to let it shut down gracefully. Then when it cam up with a dong noise as obviously nvda was not installed fully, I ran a portable copy from another folder, then I manually removed the exe files from the nvda folder in program files (x86) and reran the update file and  boom all is well.
As has been said before often if there is something on the machine which screws up an install, say a file that needs to be deleted but is not from an older copy, then all sorts of random things happen.
Its seldom the end of the world. Moral, when you are happy with a working version of nvda. Create a portable version in another folder on your hard drive, go there with explorer and create a shortcut to the  main exe file or use a batch file in that folder and make a shortcut to that. I published my batch file a day or so back as it makes sure any running copy of nvda shuts down before running it again from the portable version.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joshua Hendrickson" <louvins@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA was working fine until this morning when I tried to update


I was able to get help getting my downloaded copy of NVDA installed.
Things seem to be working ok now.  Thanks to all for their
suggestions.

On 6/14/18, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi Joshua


Afteryou downloaded a copy of nvda then clicked on it to install it to
your pc was it after it said it was installing it went quiet? I can not
remember if nvda says wait or in the latest versions there is no sound
until it is installed then you will hear nvda start up again and it is
ready to use.


I wonder if a UAC screen came up? and was not in focus for nvda to read
out? In this case use the alt key + letter Y if it comes up.

If it is not in focus use the alt + tab key to bring it into focus.


Your anti virus could be blocking it but would if it was me reinstall
nvda again.


If you want to see what is happening and nvda is not speaking some times
also using narrator to see what is happening helps. but if nvda and
narrator are running togeher for 2 long it can drive you a little crazy
but once nvda is installed you can turn off narrator.


It just depends where the speech stops. Are you still getting sound from
the computer? or do you have 2 sound cards?


Gene nz





On 6/15/2018 2:28 AM, Joshua Hendrickson wrote:
Hi to all.  This morning when I tried to update my NVDA something went
wrong I think.  I heard the program shut off, then turn on again and
when I thought it was installing I lost all sound.  I downloaded the
newest 2018 version of NVDA from the website and tried to install it.
Well, I had other speech on and my speech just stopped.  I don't know
what I should do.  I'd rather not go back to jaws, but I don't know
why my NVDA isn't working correctly.  I'm afraid to try and reinstall
NVDA again.








-- 
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson






Re: Read Allowed in Edge

Gary Metzler
 

Thank you for this info.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Read Allowed in Edge

 

To Brian first of all do you really have to put out instructions the average user can’t follow sir? Not everybody is a techie freak like you sir. To Gary. To change the voices in Red Aloud in Edge hit alt X then press enter on Read Aloud. Next tab to the button that says change voices. Their how simple is that?

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Re: Administrative privileges.

Sarah k Alawami
 

It's basically a linux shell you can install inside windows. I use this all the time. I personally use ubuntu but you can use what ever microsoft has to offer. From ther eyou can do any unix and or linux commands inside our windows pc. Pretty neat. Tha'ts why I suggested you chmod that shortcut to 755 then chone that to your user name what ever that is in windows 10, if that can even be done.

On Jun 16, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:

Chris, I installed it from a disk. But recently I noticed the shortcut
no longer was there. After I updated Windows 10 the other day, K1000
reverted to demo version. Now I have to update K1000 to version 14. I
was told it was due to an update to Windows 10. I wonder if it did
affect Jaws shortcut, as well.  My duxbury software also had a glitch,
but somehow I fixed that by going to control panel and user account.

Sarah, I have no idea what sublinux system
is.
Nevzat



On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Nevzat
Did you install Jaws yourself using the same account?

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 20:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

It used to but not anymore; that's why I am trying to redo it but I
have no administrator permission according to the message I get.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Nevzat
If that's the case, it should already have the shortcut key set-up. Does
jaws start when you press control+alt+j?

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 16 June 2018 16:24
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, the icon was created automatically when I downloaded it.
Nevzat

On 6/16/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
If the desktop icon was correctly created, the "Start in" field will be
filled in already.  You just need to tab to the next field which is the
shortcut key, then just press the letter you want to use (ctrl+alt will
be
added by Windows), tab to OK and press enter.

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
New
Zealand
Sent: 15 June 2018 21:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi


If it is just asigning the shortcut after you have gone into the
properties tab down to shortcut and asign one.


I think you can only use alt + ctrl + a letter like J for jaws or
another letter.


Make sure you save the settings.


Gene nz




On 6/16/2018 3:03 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hi all,

I solved the problem by going to Control Panel and User accounts. But
my problem with assigning a shortcut key to an icon on the desktop
still persists. I press alt+enter to go to properties for the shortcut
I have a problem what to write in the "start in" edit field. The
desktop icon in question is JAWS.
I thank you all for your responses.
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
Only an administrator account can change a standard account to an
administrator account.  That is why I asked if there are any other
accounts
on the computer.  If there are no other accounts, let me know and I'll
give
you details of a different method of solving the problem.

You can check if there are any other accounts by pressing Windows+i to
open
Settings, then press enter on Accounts.  Tab to the list of topics and
arrow
down to Family and other people and press enter.  Tab to the list of
other
account names and types on the machine and see if there is a user
account
with administrator privilidges.  If there is, get the person to log on
using
that account, then they could use this settings process to edit your
account
details and change it from standard to administrator.

Cheers
Chris






  -----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 14 June 2018 20:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Chris, yes, I get an error message saying I need to have administrator
permission. My operating system is Windows 10. I believe I have
standard user account. I tried to change user account and typed my
name and I was told that user account already exists. If I type
administrator would it change to that?
Nevzat

On 6/14/18, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Nevzat
I would have thought you should be able to assign shortcuts as these
are
personal to your account and don't affect other users, so should not
require
admin priviledges.  If you are using a work computer it maybe that a
corporate group policy is in effect which denies the capability but
this
would be unlikely.

As Brian asked, is your user account standard or administrator?
Could
you
give us more information, such as operating system being used, work
or
home
computer, is yours the only account on the computer etc.

The process I would use to assign a shortcut key is:
Select desktop icon
Press alt+enter to open properties
Tab to the shortcut key control and press the shortcut letter alone,
the
CTRL+Alt part of the command is added automatically by Windows
Tab to OK and press enter.

If you get an error after pressing OK, please give full details

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Nevzat
Adil
Sent: 13 June 2018 19:58
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Administrative privileges.

Hi Group,

I am trying to assign shortcut keys to icons on the desktop, but it
won't go through as I am told I have no administrative privileges.
Using NVDA how do I get administrative privilege on my computer?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Nevzat